Defending Villas-Boas

Guest justin_3d

People get on my cause i get on Torres, and that I should give him time and all this stuff. Fair enough!

Then people should shut up about AVB and give him till December, like i will be doing with Torres.

If Torres and AVB sucking by mid December, then yeah time to panic and criticize all you want.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say fuck the new players if AVB can make our whole squad work as a team. If we played like we did last season one player or two wouldn't change anything without performances from the whole team. People complained that our young players didn't get enough chances and not when our manager does precisely that people complain yet again.

Against the Villa I saw the team who won the double and not the team who had a bad trophyless season and who couldn't beat teams like Birmingham and AVilla. Today we outplayed them everywhere and looked cool while doing it. The whole team looked very happy and performed well and that is the most important thing.

I understand it is hard sometimes when we have so much emotions involved regarding our club and that sometimes all of us react a bit over the edge but in the end there is nothing we can do to change our clubs actions except to offer our opinion here.

:cfc:Keep the faith :cfc:

I'm sure we will get one or two players in time for the new season. Also It's great that Torres scored but the set up was from a crap Malouda shot. I still don't think he is getting the service, he keeps on having to run towards the players just to get a touch when in theory he should be making runs towards the goal. That why i think we still need a player who can spot those runs and put him through on goal. I know we have Josh, but i think we need more midfielders who are comfortable on the ball, and good at spotting the striker's runs.

Oh and we also need Wingers, but doubt that's going to happen. How i miss Robben and Duff...

I say fuck the new players if AVB can make our whole squad work as a team. If we played like we did last season one player or two wouldn't change anything without performances from the whole team. People complained that our young players didn't get enough chances and not when our manager does precisely that people complain yet again.

Against the Villa I saw the team who won the double and not the team who had a bad trophyless season and who couldn't beat teams like Birmingham and AVilla. Today we outplayed them everywhere and looked cool while doing it. The whole team looked very happy and performed well and that is the most important thing.

I understand it is hard sometimes when we have so much emotions involved regarding our club and that sometimes all of us react a bit over the edge but in the end there is nothing we can do to change our clubs actions except to offer our opinion here.

I do entirely agree emo3.gif

one of the best features of this forum ,,,it allows us to release our pent up emotions ,,,be they anger or joy ...

thanks Jim for giving us this wonderful release valve . thanks also to our members from all over the world. and thanks for the mods for reining us when

we over step the mark

we were told to be patient at the end of June ,,,its now the end of JULY ...the PL season starts in TWO weeks ...time for action NOT patience

Trust him, he knows what he is doing and in 2-3 weeks we will have the players we need. Look how we play now, already much better. I really belive we will suceed.

While the need of an extra playmaker and winger is clear, I have a lot more belief in our current squad under the new regime.

Many people would agree that personnel-wise this is basically the same squad we had at the end of last season..., however the youngsters are playing more important roles in the team (I mentioned this in another post, even before today's match when Josh scored) as opposed to the bit-part roles last season...This means AVB is trying to utilize the entire potential of our 2010 squad...something Carlo couldn't quite do....

Its also worth noting that despite the constant changes in personnel our team , with a little bit of luck , has managed to keep clean sheets in all games played so far. We haven't even deployed our influential Brazilians for any of the matches either.

I know its only pre-season, and there will be sterner tests ahead, but at this "moment" I'm pretty optimistic about what AVB has in store for us....

While the need of an extra playmaker and winger is clear, I have a lot more belief in our current squad under the new regime.

Many people would agree that personnel-wise this is basically the same squad we had at the end of last season..., however the youngsters are playing more important roles in the team (I mentioned this in another post, even before today's match when Josh scored) as opposed to the bit-part roles last season...This means AVB is trying to utilize the entire potential of our 2010 squad...something Carlo couldn't quite do....

Its also worth noting that despite the constant changes in personnel our team , with a little bit of luck , has managed to keep clean sheets in all games played so far. We haven't even deployed our influential Brazilians for any of the matches either.

I know its only pre-season, and there will be sterner tests ahead, but at this "moment" I'm pretty optimistic about what AVB has in store for us....

the big positive was that after the disappointing performance against pompey the team improved with every game. also there were different set ups

tried . Most impressed with the way things improved especially in the last two games. Looking forward to the season with more confidence now ..

in our coach if not in our board,,,

We need a completed and this is evident if only because the new coach in the sense that change is needed to staff the team.

I here to do a comparison with what he found and what Mourinho Andre. [# ] Mourinho's team found the full potential in the prime of his talent or just young players with great potential.

Now Andre team finds that there are players who are at the end of their careers as pure potential and years, Lampard, Drogba, Anelka, Cole. And no alternates will be listed on the tricky and difficult. Purchases are necessary and, if it is not much at least 1,2 key purchases that team to be equipped for the future, not only for now.

Thats comíc. VB is here to make the team play a better football and do the best job in the transfer window, not to bring "stars".

First thing: If Pastore went to PSG it was because they were stupid enough to pay 40m for him. I dont get the stupid argument around this forum: the market is inflated, so any avarage player is more than 20m. I have read stupid things like: Sturridge is worth more than 20m and Mikel is worth 30m. LMAO

I rather see the same squad with players like Josh playing more, than paying stupid kind of money because "the market is inflated".

Maybe Torres wasnt worth 50m, but he is a huge character around the world, though a little bit overrated. But its much more wise pay 50m for Torres, the main Liverpool star and widely known around the world, than pay 40m for Pastore or Modric.

Im happy with the new manager because its already a huge overhaul for me, replacing the outdated italian Ancelloti for the exciting portuguese Villas Boas.

He said yesterday that Chelsea is likely to not buy anyone. Fair enough. Im interested in better football and better prospect for the future, two things we barely see in last season.

Said that, I did not liked Boas starting XI last game. Lampard should be a squad player with his current shit football and his stupid free-kicks that hit the wall all the time. Drogba and Torres cant play together and Zhirkov shoud be the left winger replacing the boring great-player-wannabe Malouda.

VB knows we need players in key positions: Sturridge wont be a good winger, imo, and of course We cant rely in Benayoun as our playmaker. But If the market is asking stupid money, Im more than happy with this squad. If things get bad We can bring some new faces in January.

I think it's easy to get caught up the hype of a transfer window. I must admit I am a bit concerned with the squad at present. I'm sure most would agree that we need some new players in several key positions. I do wonder if the phenomenal personal and professional attributes that AVB brings to our club are enough to have us seriously challenge on all fronts with this current group of players. The more I've thought about it, I'm sure AVB notices deficiencies in the squad, but sometimes improvements are not feasible. In any event, I agree that he does not deserve the unduly harsh criticisms has received from some. I'm concerned, excited, hopeful, etc. But that's business as usual this time of year.