Aston Villa 0-2 Chelsea

To be fair though. It wasn't really the "official" player of the tournament. It was just Dion Dublin's view, who SkySports asked.

he was still voted player of the tournament none the less and didnt have a bad pre season by any means. Its just player bashing for the sake of it on here at times

its ok justin is wanting to be the guy who is different. really a pain in the ass..

certainly seems that way mate

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was a very good performance and a clear indicator of avb's work with the squad. the work rate was cery impressive and the closing down was great. we even put together some flowing moves that were quick and incisive. the progress during pre season is clear to see. hopefully we can keep it going into the new season.

he was still voted player of the tournament none the less and didnt have a bad pre season by any means. Its just player bashing for the sake of it on here at times

Don't think it's player bashing,, it's fans admitting Lampard isn't what he used to be. They'd be right in saying so too.

4 or 5 years ago people were saying Giggs was finished ,,by using him carefully in rotation and substitutions he has managed to be more than adequate

in the last 3 years ,,,same could happen with Frank .. remember he was out a long time last season and that coincided with our slump. too soon to

give up on him

Guest justin_3d

Well realistically the topic is a very subjective one to begin with. There is of course the chance, statistically or otherwise that certain players did play better than Frank. However, you don't get named player of the tournament for playing shit.

And what? It wasn't player of the day. What does it matter which players played better than him on individual days?

Lampard being called player of the tournament is a joke.

He has been performing badly for quite a while.

And take a look at my fav. player list. Lampard is one of them!

But I am not going to worship them and hide the fact that he is not playing well.

What I believe that should be done, is that players like Lampard and Drogba should get less time, and have those cameos that United had with Giggs and Scholes.

If we really want to see these two player remain at Chelsea for a long time, then they cannot be playing more then other players who are in good form.

I clearly remember people here criticizing Carlo for playing players out of form.

As AVB has put it, to be untouchable you have to be at a good lvl, and Lampard is not.

Time to take some time of in the bench.

4 or 5 years ago people were saying Giggs was finished ,,by using him carefully in rotation and substitutions he has managed to be more than adequate

in the last 3 years ,,,same could happen with Frank .. remember he was out a long time last season and that coincided with our slump. too soon to

give up on him

You are right, that is how Lampard and Drogba should be in the coming seasons.

give up on him

True but there's a reason why such stories don't happen very often. Let's hope the same happens to Lamps.

You are right, that is how Lampard and Drogba should be in the coming seasons.

I think Drogba has a lot more left in him than Lampard. He should move to another club where he'd get to play in virtually every game. But if he wants to stay, fair enough.

Guest justin_3d

I think Drogba has a lot more left in him than Lampard. He should move to another club where he'd get to play in virtually every game. But if he wants to stay, fair enough.

Will be very hard with Torres.

So far the dual role of Torres-Drogba still look as bad as it was last season with Carlo.

If we are going to play the 4-3-3 Torres has to be the favor one.

And I would like to see Drogba and Lampard retire with the team, but being realistically, they should not be playing a lot of games. Less and less for each of them when playing at Chelsea.

To be fair though. It wasn't really the "official" player of the tournament. It was just Dion Dublin's view, who SkySports asked.

Right enough? I couldn't remember where I heard it, I just remember hearing somewhere. Either way, sure Frank isn't what he used to be, but Justin_3d's opinion of him is far lower than it really has any rite to be. Listening to him talk you'd think Lampard did nothing the whole time. Anyway, I'm done talking about it because it will just go round in circles. Each to their own.

Guest justin_3d

why is AVB always squating on the pitch

pitch is really horrible

Because AVB has learned from the best!

102570hp2.jpg

:Goober:

Will be very hard with Torres.

So far the dual role of Torres-Drogba still look as bad as it was last season with Carlo.

If we are going to play the 4-3-3 Torres has to be the favor one.

And I would like to see Drogba and Lampard retire with the team, but being realistically, they should not be playing a lot of games. Less and less for each of them when playing at Chelsea.

I REPEAT WHAT I TOLD YOU YESTERDAY ..TORRES AND DROGBA HAD NOT PLAYED TOGETHER PRE SEASON TILL YESTERDAY ...

I USED CAPITALS SO YOU MIGHT FINALLY GET THE MESSAGE

Guest justin_3d

I REPEAT WHAT I TOLD YOU YESTERDAY ..TORRES AND DROGBA HAD NOT PLAYED TOGETHER PRE SEASON TILL YESTERDAY ...

I USED CAPITALS SO YOU MIGHT FINALLY GET THE MESSAGE

And from the little time they had you could tell they where bad, as Yury playing DM with Lampard....

And from the little time they had you could tell they where bad, as Yury playing DM with Lampard....

you really do make a fool of yourself ,,,they had 30 minutes ..Torres scored ..they could have scored more ,,,for heavens sake check your facts so

you dont look a complete idiot

Guest justin_3d

you really do make a fool of yourself ,,,they had 30 minutes ..Torres scored ..they could have scored more ,,,for heavens sake check your facts so

you dont look a complete idiot

Should have, could have.

The fact for me, they where awful together.

Rather see Torres-Anelka that has been far better since last season.

Should have, could have.

I am strongly tempted to give you a negative rep for posting such crap

Should have, could have.

Sigh. They were not "awful" together.

Nobody is saying they were awesome, but you're making a big deal out of nothing really.