Thailand All Stars 0-4 Chelsea

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As things stand, who would be your preferred midfield trio next season (that's assuming we don't make any MF purchase this transfer window)

I'll go for the safe bet... Mikel, Ramires, Lampard. And I also hope Benayoun and McEachran will get more runs from the bench.. But I feel that Mikel has to play.. either him or Romeu. Ramires would go wasted in that position, as would Josh.

There's nothing wrong. Its called "running in from the deep"...Its unpredictable

All teams with attacking CB's have that option. We just happen to be one of the lucky ones that do

I agree. Exchanging of positions is great.

Pique sometimes plays as a striker.

Josh was quality.

Hilario pleasantly surprised me.

This man clearly is reincarnated after the advent of Boas

No, that could replace Cech, but now Peter will have much more serious competition if they continue to progress Hilario

already beginning to be noticed and improvement in the form of some players. Ivanovic, Zhirkov, McEachran and Benayoun. Not in the strongest shape, but showed impressive skills. Wait same from Torres, Drogba, Malouda, Mikel, Lampard, Cole and Anelka.

last year that was safe BUT SORRY

Who else is there to name? Last year we also had different management. Lionsden asked about mids who we already have, and out of the bunch they are the best imo (taking into consideration that Essien is injured). I would happily get competition for their positions, but I'm not too sure that Josh can rise to big games and Benayoun, well, it's still to be seen what he can do if he avoids injuries. So my main 3 would be those I named, experienced and proven players. It's clear though that we need another midfielder besides Romeu.

Better performance. Not reacting too positively, just as we shouldn't react too negatively to the previous games. As the game went along, I thought our midfield and attacking improved greatly. Let's keep the goals coming and the fitness up!