Thailand All Stars 0-4 Chelsea

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too weak, especially if we play Luiz at the back.

Mikel

McEachran/ Lampard interchanging - Pastore (if we get)/Ramires/Essien(when fit)

My sentiment exactly. . .Gianfranco's selection looks very unbalanced, playing with no natural DM would leave us vulnerable at the bac. Could Romeu be good enough to challenge Mikel for the no1 spot in DM. . only time will tell

My sentiment exactly. . .Gianfranco's selection looks very unbalanced, playing with no natural DM would leave us vulnerable at the bac. Could Romeu be good enough to challenge Mikel for the no1 spot in DM. . only time will tell

I think if he was bought in time to test at pre-season it would be a realistic option but given his tender age, and lack of football to a high standard I assume he would just play back-up to Mikel.

You know somthing is wrong when Brana can run onto a through-ball and finish it and somebody else can't.....

There's nothing wrong. Its called "running in from the deep"...Its unpredictable

All teams with attacking CB's have that option. We just happen to be one of the lucky ones that do

I think if he was bought in time to test at pre-season it would be a realistic option but given his tender age, and lack of football to a high standard I assume he would just play back-up to Mikel.

I agree. . .he won't play any pre-season games due to international assignment.

On a sidenote I'm becoming increasingly worried over Torres sluggishness and lack of confidence . .it's been 3 games now and still no marked improvement.

I agree. . .he won't play any pre-season games due to international assignment.

On a sidenote I'm becoming increasingly worried over Torres sluggishness and lack of confidence . .it's been 3 games now and still no marked improvement.

*it's been 5 months. People still say it's down to "service" but it's hardly like we have a midfield that can't play great balls, he makes some runs but gives up half the time. His touches are still poor as his finishing is. It's very easy to blame the service and a lack of passes but when it becomes 5 months in a team and you're still as poor as you were when you came you've got to start questioning his abilities.

a throughly enjoyable pre-season performance...Josh was sensational!!! he may only be 18 but he truly played like a 28 year old and in some cases has even more composure than those players of that age. some of his passes were just sublime.

the majority of the team had good performances tho.

With Benayoun playing with McEachran (holding) there is alot more urgency to move the ball around. When the season rolls around I'd put Ramires in there probably, but Mikel just slows the play so much. The question was midfield under current circumstances (pre season) IMO in the games we've played they've been the sharpest performers.

Guest justin_3d

Sturridge simply cannot play as a winger.

Plus Mikel and McEachran have been excellent. Mikel has to be first choice for most of the season, he shows considerable maturity every time he gets a run in the team.

Super save by Hilario!!

Sturridge can't play as a winger, is a bad thing.

We won't be able to have Kalou, Torres, Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge as strikers. Someone has to be sold or loan out.

That being said, we all know we need a RW. If AVB does not get one, then good luck to him in the new season!

Mikel and Josh was mention last season under Carlo but never got a try. It's a good combination, but if we get Pastore, then Pastore will go there.

However i do have to add, that Josh has to get more game time then last season.

Has to! Otherwise send him on a loan second half of the season.

Has Hilario suddenly gone on steroids?? He's made 3 world class saves!!

meh still don't mean nothing. I remember Almunia making great saves like that when Arsenal played vs Barcelona, and he still sucks.One good game will not chance the fact Hilario is not that good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now AVB has to realize that Bosingwa, Paulo don't cut it for RB. He needs to buy a RB or stick with Ivan as RB. But Ivan as RB is not as explosive, and will loose some power.However this can be negated, if AVB buys a RW. A RW will make all the difference so that it will put less involvement on the RB. Also the strikers, we have too many strikers, and if we get a RW to play the 4-3-3, then someone must leave from Anelka, Kalou, Sturridge. I hope it's Anelka or Kalou.

With Benayoun playing with McEachran (holding) there is alot more urgency to move the ball around. When the season rolls around I'd put Ramires in there probably, but Mikel just slows the play so much. The question was midfield under current circumstances (pre season) IMO in the games we've played they've been the sharpest performers.

I think you have to remember that this is against a significantly weaker team than the ones we'll be playing next season. Mikel and his strength and sometimes his slow built up is needed when we face teams who can attack us quickly or are just absolute beasts to break up play and give us defensive back-up. Josh, as good as he is, doesn't have the physique to play in DM when it comes to EPL, he makes a few good challenges but his quality is seen further up the pitch. Same goes for Ramires, his impact is to bring the ball forward and run with it, he doesn't fit a holding role.

When McEachran gets a fair chance to play the DM role then we'll see about that but he's only had a couple of games. Wilshere didn't become the player he is now with Wenger going "no, looks too young/weak" I know playing Benayoun and josh in the same midfield you aren't as defensive but I'd like to see us slightly more attacking when we play at home. The main problem we have had is the speed we move the ball about, McEachran/ Benayoun have the urgency we've lacked to move it around quicker. Give McEachran a chance like other clubs give their youth chances and he will come good. Or we will be the same old Chelsea with our youth and he will soon join Sinclair, Tore, Mancienne etc

When McEachran gets a fair chance to play the DM role then we'll see about that but he's only had a couple of games. Wilshere didn't become the player he is now with Wenger going "no, looks too young/weak" I know playing Benayoun and josh in the same midfield you aren't as defensive but I'd like to see us slightly more attacking when we play at home. The main problem we have had is the speed we move the ball about, McEachran/ Benayoun have the urgency we've lacked to move it around quicker. Give McEachran a chance like other clubs give their youth chances and he will come good. Or we will be the same old Chelsea with our youth and he will soon join Sinclair, Tore, Mancienne etc

I agree to an extent. Josh will get given the chance but for his development and for the good of Chelsea it should be in a more advanced role than DM, he shines in a CM role and him moving the ball quickly in DM won't make much of a difference I don't think. Our main problem is in the final third and creating the chances, we can pass the ball round superbly but when it comes to breaking down a defence we are clueless and lack ideas. With Josh in DM he can't impact this like he could, he can create and should be given the chance to do so.