Kalou: Players sulked and moaned

To the people who think we don't have a player power problem and the likes of Drogba and Malouda dont cuase dressing room disruption, read and weap

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6991611,00.html

"Our players were preoccupied with finding out who was in the side and who wasn't. This disrupted our progress.

"It is better to build a team gradually than to bring in players who will pout and sulk."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people who think we don't have a player power problem and the likes of Drogba and Malouda dont cuase dressing room disruption, read and weap

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6991611,00.html

Can you please show me where it says Drogba and Malouda are the cause of the problem?

Can you please show me where it says Drogba and Malouda are the cause of the problem?

Isnt it obvious? Dorgba has a history of causing disruption when he is not the centre of the team and Malouda has made complaints on team selections and contract extentions. Its obvious why Carlo kept picking the same team while we were having our worst run of results for years.

The matter of fact is that we need to get rid a lot of the deadweight (Drogba, Malouda, Essien ect.) to break the player power and give the club a new vision.

LOL at people who once again try and dismiss these stories, just like when Scolari talks about player power people try and dismiss it.

Isnt it obvious? Dorgba has a history of causing disruption when he is not the centre of the team and Malouda has made complaints on team selections and contract extentions. Its obvious why Carlo kept picking the same team while we were having our worst run of results for years.

The matter of fact is that we need to get rid a lot of the deadweight (Drogba, Malouda, Essien ect.) to break the player power and give the club a new vision.

LOL at people who once again try and dismiss these stories, just like when Scolari talks about player power people try and dismiss it.

I'm not trying to dismiss it at all you're purely speculating.

Kalou has also done this many times tbf

Don't tell me that Drogba was sulking when he came on at OT for the CL. all those cameos he made, he was the only chelsea player giving his all.

Don't tell me that Drogba was sulking when he came on at OT for the CL. all those cameos he made, he was the only chelsea player giving his all.

What about December - March when he spent half the time standing on the pitch and doihg nothing and looked like he could not give a damn

I think this was obvious for everyone to see. Not sure about the people being named specifically, but it wouldn't surprise me in all honesty. What Drogba doesn't realise (if he was one of them) is he needed the rest & time to recover. He may think he's invincible but he played all year round, including the World Cup, and then contracted malaria which he played through. It all took its toll on him & he became ignorant. If he's one of those players.

http://www.skysports...6991611,00.html

Weird, I guess it's how you interpret his quotes (keeping in mind it's the Sun). It sounds like he's referring to the players who signed in January and since Luiz wasn't benched until the final two games -- he's signalling out Torres.

To me, the overall article isn't about all players bucking up and behaving accordingly, it's more Kalou saying the squad was good enough before and having a sulky one like Torres come in, upset the eco-system in which he and certain entrenched Chelsea players were very comfortable in. Like most people who are confronted with change, Kalou wishes for things like they used to be. I'm just not sure Chelsea FC can afford to wish for things like they used to be. If so, then you may as well be Liverpool.

Whatever the case, Kalou needs to look in a mirror. Did not Ancelotti have to say that the team's welfare was more important than Kalou's feelings? Why did he have to say that, hmmmm....

Whatever the case, Kalou needs to look in a mirror. Did not Ancelotti have to say that the team's welfare was more important than Kalou's feelings? Why did he have to say that, hmmmm....

Because Kalou is a Gossip, he can't help himself.

He has a history now for stirring up trouble like this through the media.

http://www.skysports...6991611,00.html

If you look at the interview, he clearly mentions :"It is better to build a team gradually than to bring in players who will pout and sulk"...no guesses as to who he means there...

And as for Kalou and the Tottenham goal celebration, there was civil war going on in his country at that time, with his family in danger,etc... He said later that he felt it was inappropriate to celebrate at the time....

And as for Kalou and the Tottenham goal celebration, there was civil war going on in his country at that time, with his family in danger,etc... He said later that he felt it was inappropriate to celebrate at the time....

True, but he was clearly hostile to celebrating the goal. There's a difference between not celebrating a goal and carrying a chip on your shoulder. He could have quietly accepted his teammates' congratulations but I remember him stalking off and generally looking angry rather than solemn.

Kalou: "It is better to build a team gradually than to bring in players who will pout and sulk...because we have enough of them already."

That's the actual quote. The Sun wanted to save some ink.

I can't believe any Chelsea player can lecture, with a straight face, about pouting and sulking players. Physician heal thyself. If it's a problem, then the club should deal with it. Why haven't they?