Kalou: Players sulked and moaned

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalou: "It is better to build a team gradually than to bring in players who will pout and sulk...because we have enough of them already."

That's the actual quote. The Sun wanted to save some ink.

I can't believe any Chelsea player can lecture, with a straight face, about pouting and sulking players. Physician heal thyself. If it's a problem, then the club should deal with it. Why haven't they?

Kalou clearly hates Torres(El Nina :D).

He's an inferior player, who's now resorted to disrespecting and bitching about his own team mates.

This is what angers me about this dumb little article. It's short but there's so much wrong with it. Even if what Kalou said is true, that's stuff you need to keep in-house. Go to Torres about it and not imply it in newspaper quotes.

Hiddink may well do a better job than Ancelotti keeping the players in line but I think there are some players who have been around for awhile, outlasted multiple managers and feel they are not accountable. Abramovich has to make the chain of command clear but that's a whole other can of worms isn't it.

Backstabbing, gossiping, cliques sounds like high school. I feel like I'm watching "Mean Girls" with my daughter. Instead its Chelsea FC, a professional club.

Chelsea can get whatever players it wants but the sh*t above is a problem. A strong willed manager who knows he's in charge and who the players know is in charge needs to happen. The inmates are running the asuylum.

The way Liverpool handled Torres departure makes me hate them with a passion. BUT.... they said and meant it that no player is bigger than the club.

Ferguson has given the boot (literally in Becks case) to long-standing United players without batting an eye - Becks, Keane, etc.

The club has to be bigger than any player and until that happens we'll continue to read about this behavior in the media and see it on the pitch. Too many Chelsea players think they ARE the club and the badge is their personal property and their #1 focus is me, I, myself. smh

All this stuff about no problems in the dressing room is just a load of bollocks.

Of course it is. Some dressing rooms are better than others, but at the end of the day, it's a workplace and there's always going to be some degree of workplace drama. Man U and Ferguson just keeps it a workable level and ultimately he's in charge. I'm not sure the same can be said about Chelsea.

When you have a football team where almost everyone is on massive wages, they will find a way to act bitchy. Those that aren't on fat paypackets will bitch about that, those that are but aren't getting playing time will bitch about that too. Those that do play consistently (especially over a period of years such as Drogba, Lamps, JT, etc.) will eventually assume that spot is guaranteed to them, so they begin to slack off.

Chelsea is utterly stagnant, and I'm starting to doubt whether bringing Guus Hiddink in would solve the problem. Many of the biggest offenders here love the guy, a little too much in my opinion. This is a side in need of a wakeup call, and Carlo Ancelotti delivered that for a year. They got lazy under him last season, especially in November-February when the side had its worst run since Roman bought the club.

There are various theories floating about as to why their play was so awful, but I highly doubt Ray Wilkins was the reason the campaign nearly went off the rails. I watched an unfocused, imprecise and lethargic side devoid of urgency last winter. I think David Luiz will prove to be the most important player signing Chelsea makes in this calendar year. Say what you want about his flaws, but no one could accuse him of lacking effort. Kalou also played a large part in that; he brought energy, effort and focus into the match at Blackpool, which proved to be key in getting as close to Man U as we did.

Most argue that stability is needed in the manager's box. I agree, and I also believe a significant shakeup on the training ground and in the locker room is just as important. The mind is as important as the body, and a change in mindset needs to take place before significant success returns to the club.

Most argue that stability is needed in the manager's box. I agree, and I also believe a significant shakeup on the training ground and in the locker room is just as important. The mind is as important as the body, and a change in mindset needs to take place before significant success returns to the club.

Completely 100% agree with this. The question is does Roman? Time will tell. Like you I think unless changes are made next season will be Groundhog Day again.

BTW, I completely support JT giving any player a swift kick in the ass and telling them to get their sh*t together. Evidentally Kalou has never heard what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room.

Completely 100% agree with this. The question is does Roman? Time will tell. Like you I think unless changes are made next season will be Groundhog Day again.

BTW, I completely support JT giving any player a swift kick in the ass and telling them to get their sh*t together. Evidentally Kalou has never heard what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room.

In all honesty, I think it needed to be said, though not by Kalou. Kalou may think airing this out to the media will be that swift kick in the ass. If that's true, then he doesn't have faith in JT's ability to circle the wagons and the dysfunction runs even deeper...

I'll be on this bandwagon until the wheels fall off.

Chelsea needs to start shedding old skin and to renew -- in body, mind and soul. It's why, as scary as it may seem, the club has to let go of a handful of the old guard and bring in vital new blood. And I'm not talking about Hilario or Boswinga. But from Gourlay's recent comments, the club doesn't seem inclined to do this. No worries, let's put it off another year.

I'll be on this bandwagon until the wheels fall off.

Chelsea needs to start shedding old skin and to renew -- in body, mind and soul. It's why, as scary as it may seem, the club has to let go of a handful of the old guard and bring in vital new blood. And I'm not talking about Hilario or Boswinga. But from Gourlay's recent comments, the club doesn't seem inclined to do this. No worries, let's put it off another year.

Absolutely. A culture can develop over time, and surface changes, such as firing managers won't do anything to solve the problem. I thought those changes needed to happen before last season. As incredible as some of those 2009-10 performances were, I knew they wouldn't be able to stay focused. I knew Father Time was walking towards Stamford Bridge even then, and that's one opponent none of us can beat. Drogba and Lampard are near their mid 30's and JT is not far behind. That is the core, the foundation and rot is setting in. Either tell them to take a reduced playing role or part with them on amicable terms. As bad as new blood is needed, they are club legends nonetheless that deserve a courteous farewell.

I think most agree that changes need to be made if Chelsea wants to not only continue to qualify for CL but also be competitive in CL and fight for the PL title. I personally wonder what changes Roman, Gourlay, Hiddink, whoever else, thinks need to be made. Is Gourlay being honest or giving a spin?

Every team with experienced players faces the question of timing regarding moving players out. Do we get rid of an experienced player a season too soon or a season too late? Too few clubs get the timing just right. The shelf life of past glories, however recent, doesn't last forever.

In all honesty, I think it needed to be said, though not by Kalou. Kalou may think airing this out to the media will be that swift kick in the ass. If that's true, then he doesn't have faith in JT's ability to circle the wagons and the dysfunction runs even deeper...

I think it needed to be said but I don't think publicly by players, especially Kalou. I don't think Kalou was airing this out for the team's benefit but his own personal interest. That's my opinion.

I have no idea about JT's wagon circling capability but I do agree the dysfunction appears to be deep and I don't envy the next manager trying to fix that mess.

Whoa there people !

Hold on this is a story in Murdochs Sky news that Kalou allegedly gave to Murdochs gutter sewer press, The Sun.

I've heard Kalou speak and I'm sorry his English isnt up to using the words like ''pout'' and ''preoccupied''.

More than likely the scum ''I need to print something'' journalist said the statement, and Kalou just nodded in that ''I'm not really here'' type of way, not having a clue what the wanky journalist was on about.

Then - Hey Presto!! A Story of Unrest in the Chelsea Dressing Room that fits Torres surly expression.

Half a mind to close this thread as its a big pair of hairy bollocks....