End of an African era?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's a factor in buying players :lol:

& if it is, this club is hopeless.

It really is. It seems that you dont know how football works...

Why do you think Unites have Park in their squads until these days ? Asian market.

I read in an official Machesters document, that if they sell Park they would lose important business in asian market.

Of course its not the main factor. But do you really believe that people from football don't take such things into consideration ?

Do you think that the fact that Neymar is considered by some analysts as a very marketable player don't attract the attention of clubs like Chelsea ? Do you think they are only interested in his skills ? lmao

Tech9C, Nice one :)

I want to see more european players in team, Germans and Dutch are good, there are a lot of talented players in Europe, why we have to look so far?? whistling.gif

Off course, there is even a russian team, Zenith who is not allowed to buy back player because their fans won't accept it.

It really is. It seems that you dont know how football works...

Why do you think Unites have Park in their squads until these days ? Asian market.

I read in an official Machesters document, that if they sell Park they would lose important business in asian market.

Of course its not the main factor. But do you really believe that people from football don't take such things into consideration ?

Do you think that the fact that Neymar is considered by some analysts as a very marketable player don't attract the attention of clubs like Chelsea ? Do you think they are only interested in his skills ? lmao

I guess it makes sense, but I'd hate to think we choose players based on this kind of stuff.

I guess it makes sense, but I'd hate to think we choose players based on this kind of stuff.

Its not "we".

Real Madrid paid that price for Ronaldo not only for his skills. Ronaldo's image means a lot for the club he plays for.

Real Madrid paid that price for Ronaldo not only for his skills. Ronaldo's image means a lot for the club he plays for.

True. But also because he's a world-class player.

What I mean is, if it comes down to 2 players. If one is better than the other, but the other's commercial value is more, I'd hate to think the club would buy that player instead.

I think it works the other way around, a player with the skills will attract more market attention.

True. But also because he's a world-class player.

What I mean is, if it comes down to 2 players. If one is better than the other, but the other's commercial value is more, I'd hate to think the club would buy that player instead.

I didn't said that. Nevermind.

I'd rather see this African era carrying on insteand of South America era...nothing against those players, but 3-4 are enough in the team. We need power, stamina, agility, fighting. That is the first 4 words I imagine about Essien. Glad we've got a normal players from South Africa. They act like they're not from there - Ramires, Alex, Luiz, even some Argentina's boy would be ok..but please no Adriano, Robinho and shits..

I do but I'm a little uncomfortable that some seem to think African players are just big and powerful with no skill.

To me, african players are genetic freaks, in a good way. They are agile, usually love trickery in their own play and built like monsters. Mind-blowing...

On topic,a team could always be a mix, every player brings something to the group and i think the most important thing is to notice it and exploit it.

Guest justin_3d

I am loving the Brazilian era. African era was nice, but it's better to move to South America.

Now, i would not say to completely ditch the African market. I would love if we can at least have one or two.

Other then that, i prefer the South American market more.

I don't understand football market very well. I prefer south american style of football over african one. And i do believe that physicality is not an issue for any technically gifted player. In EPL we have plenty of players who are not so strong physically but can be an indispensable member for any club.

Yes, Vagner Love sells more shirts than Drogba.

You are now one of those forum members that I'm going to ignore. You only quote my posts to talk silly things.

Ronaldo, Kaká and Ronaldinho sold more shirts around the world in last 10 years than all african players in last 50 years.

If you understood that I said all brazilian players sell more shirts than all african players, sorry.

I'm tired of you eldinho. tiphat.gif

I don't understand football market very well. I prefer south american style of football over african one. And i do believe that physicality is not an issue for any technically gifted player. In EPL we have plenty of players who are not so strong physically but can be an indispensable member for any club.

Its not. Yesterdays game showed that. Machester with their colossal defense were humiliated by diminutive Messi...but some people keep talking about "power, stamina, agility, fighting." This four words means nothing if you don't have the right skills. Otherwise we could ask Usain Bolt or Lebron James to be our next player.