End of an African era?

Obviously he hated the way we played under Carlo this season, and wants more attacking football - but i highly doubt the goal is to be like Barca.

Did you like the way we played this season? Did anyone like it? I don't think so. We played 2nd division football with slow passing and no pace. There were only glimpses of what our team was able to do. No motivation, some mistakes, keeping in out of form players...is Roman supposed to let it continue?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the goal for him is to emulate Barcelona in every way ha ha

It has long been established Roman Abramovich views the Champions League as a Holy Grail.

If the Russian truly believes Chelsea can play the Barcelona way purely by luring Pep Guardiola to Stamford Bridge, he is deluded.

I know, out of context http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6958110/Fergie-fronts-up-to-challenge

It has long been established Roman Abramovich views the Champions League as a Holy Grail.

If the Russian truly believes Chelsea can play the Barcelona way purely by luring Pep Guardiola to Stamford Bridge, he is deluded.

i think he does wish for Chelsea to try to be like or play like their team or at least in their style

• 2 months later...
Guest justin_3d

With Chelsea being linked to Samuel Inkoom, i hope we get him and continue having some African players in our team.

African players have been crucial under the Roman era, and we must not totally ditch them, just because the African Cup of Nations become a problem.

Just have 2 or 3 players from Africa. That won't be that bad.

Guest justin_3d

Germany is producing some good talent, and i was hoping we buy a new German player after Ballack left. And have got nothing.

Would not hurt having a German player in our squad!

Before Roman came Chelsea was a multi cultural team, with a lot of players from Italy. Let's hope Chelsea continues that. One cycle dominates Italians, others African, and now Brazilian. But i loved the club for their multi cultural players.

Germany is producing some good talent, and i was hoping we buy a new German player after Ballack left. And have got nothing.

Would not hurt having a German player in our squad!

Before Roman came Chelsea was a multi cultural team, with a lot of players from Italy. Let's hope Chelsea continues that. One cycle dominates Italians, others African, and now Brazilian. But i loved the club for their multi cultural players.

Agree, and i`m not saying that Brazil dont produce great player anymore, but lets focus a little bit more on German players, please. Im really looking forward to see Dortmund in cl.

Guest justin_3d

Agree, and i`m not saying that Brazil dont produce great player anymore, but lets focus a little bit more on German players, please. Im really looking forward to see Dortmund in cl.

But Germany is one country. We are talking here about Africa, a whole continent!

We can't negate a whole continent.

Germany is producing young talent, yes that true, but so are many countries from Africa!

And to tell you the truth, i think buying a cheap young talent from a country from Africa might be cheaper then buying a cheap young talent from Germany.

I would not mind having a German player, but I am also saying there is a big market in Africa, and we can't shut our self out.

But Germany is one country. We are talking here about Africa, a whole continent!

We can't negate a whole continent.

Germany is producing young talent, yes that true, but so are many countries from Africa!

And to tell you the truth, i think buying a cheap young talent from a country from Africa might be cheaper then buying a cheap young talent from Germany.

I would not mind having a German player, but I am also saying there is a big market in Africa, and we can't shut our self out.

Absolutely, Africa produce lots of great talents. And your right about multi culturel player is what makes us good. Im only saying that the german way of playing

is changing, they play the ball round like Brazil used to do. So something has changed the way they approch the game. I know, back to topic, sorry.