Which signing excited you the most?

With the talk of Neymar increasing all the time i just thought id get your view's on which signing's excited you the most as a Chelsea fan and which one's underwhelmed you the most. Id pick 3 out in each.

My 3 most excited one's

3. Asier Del Horno

A surprise one this one but he has a track record as a solid and scoring left back and for the first month it looked good, he had a header cleared off the line against Arsenal and then scored at White Hart Lane a week later aswel as good solid performances added to it, i think its best i don't go past that month however.

2. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

I was a secret fan of his when he was at Leeds anyway (i use to joke to my Leeds fan teacher in PS that he was going to Chelsea) and i can remember looking at the Chelsea squad list on the good ol ceefax and seeing Jimmy's name and i thought it was a youth player name sake, when i found out it was actually him i had to slap myself 10 times to make sure it was happening laugh.gif

1. Hernan Crespo

Another surprise choice but again i was a massive fan of his in his Lazio and Inter days and the year before he signed for us (02/03) he use to be my first fifa signing every time (on fifa 03), i can remember just after Roman's take over we were constantly linked with his Inter team mate Christian Vieiri and i kept shouting at the tele wrong player get Crespo, when i tuned in to sky sports and the main headline was Chelsea were on the verge of signing of him i could not fucking believe it.

I have to say tho, if Neymar comes in it will eclipse all 3 of them.

My 3 most underwhelmed signing's

3. Yossi Benayoun

I was in Bulgaria at the time this happened did not hear about it until i came back but i hardly batted a eyelid, to be fair the guys a decent player but a hard one to get excited about.

2. Ross Turnbull

What the hell where we doing? I saw his performance against us for Boro in 2008 and it was ridiculous, did not have a good feeling about this at-all and in hignsight i was right considering he has not kept a single clean sheet in a match he has started.

1. Enrique De Lucas

He was our only signing that summer, but i was so underwhelmed when we signed him, considering the high profile acquisition's the year before could not see what he would have given to the side.

What are your personal top 3 at both ends of the scale?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ive not been a chelsea fan for all that long but ill share some of the big memorys ill have of when guys came to the club and such

overwhelming

1 FERNANDO TORRES

Yeah i stood at the tv followed most of the transfer stories till it came to light. when he signed god it was even pretty exciting waiting for his first pictures in a chelsea shirt

2 DECO

CL Winner with barcelona in one of their better times. was pretty wanting to see his first pictures in chelsea blue see what he looked like in it

3 RICARDO QUARESMA

Was expecting him to shine in there. sadly he didnt

Underwhelming

1 ROSS TURNBULL

Ok so you lost cudicini to tottenham. you go into the summer transfer window to look for a really good back up. begovic? no......I know lets sign a Keeper that isnt even good in middlesbrough

2 YURI ZHIRKOV

sure he got talked about good and all that but looking at the price tag makes it underwhelming a little

3 MIKE EMENALO

No words to describe..........

What's Torres and Sheva doing on most posters overwhelming list. The former appeared to have lost the golden touch and also injury plagued while the latter was simply too old (29 at the time) and past his prime . so what's the justification for the excitement. I guess kaka and pirlo would make the list to if we manage to sign them. smh

Anyway to the topic.. Overexcited signings were

1) Alex

2) Essien

3)Mikel Obi

Underwhelming

1) Torres

2) Sheva

3)Turnbull

overwhelming

1.deco i couldnt believe mourinho didnt bring him ti the bridge when he came

2 crespo was a fan of him...i still think he had decent stats for his time here

3 torres was just surreal...didnt think it would happen...i still believe he'll come good

underwhelming

1 cech.....did not think he would just take over from cudicini the way he did...a pleasant suprise

2 smertin.....i sorta just noticed we had him cant remember us buying him

3 lampard......i never dreamt he would be as good as he became...another pleasant suprise

What's Torres and Sheva doing on most posters overwhelming list. The former appeared to have lost the golden touch and also injury plagued

The same guy who put us to the sword at Anfield, and appeared to be rejuvenated under Dalglish (3 goals in 4 games i think) i was super fucking excited :D

Over -

Torres

Alex

Drogba

Under-

Anelka

Turnbull

Mikel

Overwhelming

Sheva - Realised just how far we'd come when we signed him, one of the best strikers in the world.

Robben - He was young, talented & exciting, had to wait even longer for his debut & showed his talent straight away we played really exciting football with him and duffer on the wings.

Torres - Massive signing, the hype on this forum alone was unbelievable.

Makelele - A master of the game. Was so important to us. Had to add him to the list.

Underwhelming

Sidwell - Don't even know why we signed him, wasn't good enough

Ben Haim - From a nightmare season of some really bad signings

Benayoun - To go from Joe Cole to Benayoun, really disappointing.

Ballack - He was always one of my favourite national team players.

Deco - I couldn't believe it when I saw that Chelsea signed him, mainly because I hadn't heard much about it beforehand so it was unexpected.

Torres - I really didn't think we'd sign him, but it finally happened.