Cristiano Ronaldo

Tomo

by "this" season, do u mean the 5 matches that barca have played so far. cos as far as i remember, messi was very average the whole of last half season. infact, barca not winning the league despite ATM and RM dropping points left right and center is proof enough.

It was ever so blatant he was saving himself for the world cup, hence the growing anxiety, and he was tormented by the media for it.

Last season, Messi's body language and work rate were dreadful in that sense, but this season (I watched every barca game to see how Munir El Haddadi is performing) he's been looking like his former self.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was ever so blatant he was saving himself for the world cup, hence the growing anxiety, and he was tormented by the media for it.

Last season, Messi's body language and work rate were dreadful in that sense, but this season (I watched every barca game to see how Munir El Haddadi is performing) he's been looking like his former self.

who cares if he was "saving" himself for the cup? messi was average at best last season. this is not a legitimate excuse. he is a pro-footballer who earns 300kpw with literally barca's la liga title hopes on line, and he SHOULD NOT have been "saving" himself for anything.

as for messi this season, he has been his older self. but CR has scored 2 hat-tricks in the 4 liga games he has scored.

who cares if he was "saving" himself for the cup? messi was average at best last season. this is not a legitimate excuse. he is a pro-footballer who earns 300kpw with literally barca's la liga title hopes on line, and he SHOULD NOT have been "saving" himself for anything.

as for messi this season, he has been his older self. but CR has scored 2 hat-tricks in the 4 liga games he has scored.

I'm agreeing with you so no need to direct it as an argument. And for his standards, he was below average.

What are you on about? Messi in 2009 managed to scrap up 30 goals a season, whereas now in his best years 2010-2013 he managed to score 60 goals a season and 93 in a calender year.

Ronaldo's main benefit is his scoring ability and his historic CL goal scoring record, but here is another variable, last season was Messi's worst season in a Barca shirt since 2007 and Ronaldo's best in a Real Madrid shirt, yet statistically Ronaldo barely edged him. That's saying something.

Messi last season won 0 trophies. Not to mention he was massively criticized by Barcelona's own fan base for dragging himself through the field in the club's most important games. He scored almost nothing against top teams last season. Even in the world cup, a hero against Iran, Bosnia, etc. and disappeared against Neatherlands, Germany, Belgium. Ronaldo will outscore him again this year. Specially considering Suarez will now be taking away goals from Messi.

I'm not going to enter the debate of whether Ronaldo is better than Messi because everyone has his opinion but whether you like it or not, Ronaldo will be the Ballon D'or again this year. That's an unshakable fact. And I'm confident they will finish their careers with the same number of Ballon D'ors.

100 years from now, people will still be debating who was better.

• 4 months later...

This notion that some players are big game players while others are not is so difficult to assess...

Perfect example is Cristiano. everything about him screams a big game scrub, but the fact he has his superior aerial ability, makes him skip the conversation of big game wankers...

Honestly, big game I guess means either 3 things. Set piece maestro, dribbling/ball control god or rocket outside the box.

• 1 month later...

In the midst of arguably not the greatest run of form by his standards and all this shit going on with Bale, he comes out and scores 5 times in one game including an eight minute hat trick. Insane!

He is one of the best goalscorer in football history! It's impressive how he still manages to stay in such a good shape and he can't stop scoring!
I am curious how far he can lead his team this season in the Champions-League, the match against Schalke 04 really impressed me,
nowadays he is a real leader.
Unfortunately he plays as a left winger, therefore Bale can't reach his potential.

• 4 weeks later...

How can people actually be a fan of this guy? He is one of the most reprehensible and childish players in the sport. He embodies literally everything that goes against what a team sport is. He throw tantrums when someone on his team scores instead of him, he dives and cheats, does that stupid stutter penalty, he isn't above screaming at the referee to get what he wants, he never defends, he stands on his tip toes in team photos to look the tallest and he is definitely not a team player.

Adoring CR7 is akin to liking that one arsehole in high school that is good at sports but throws a tantrum when things don't go his way.

How can people actually be a fan of this guy? He is one of the most reprehensible and childish players in the sport. He embodies literally everything that goes against what a team sport is. He throw tantrums when someone on his team scores instead of him, he dives and cheats, does that stupid stutter penalty, he isn't above screaming at the referee to get what he wants, he never defends, he stands on his tip toes in team photos to look the tallest and he is definitely not a team player.

Adoring CR7 is akin to liking that one arsehole in high school that is good at sports but throws a tantrum when things don't go his way.

The voice of reason! I know he is outwordly in teams of play. But. Big but.

Just saw the video of his reaction last night. What a selfish cunt.

I used to prefer him to Messi but it's not even close these days. Messi is a fantastic team player and not a "me first, team second" guy.

Just saw the video of his reaction last night. What a selfish cunt.

I used to prefer him to Messi but it's not even close these days. Messi is a fantastic team player and not a "me first, team second" guy.

Yo, what reaction was that bro? Do you have a link available?

Arbeloa slid in ahead of Ronaldo, who was behind him, and scored. Ronaldo then booted the ball into the net in anger and as he walked away just shook his head.

This. Didn't celebrate the goal at all because he wasn't the one who scored it. Just like in the CL final last season (I believe that was the game) where he didn't really celebrate anyone's goal but his own.

Arbeloa slid in ahead of Ronaldo, who was behind him, and scored. Ronaldo then booted the ball into the net in anger and as he walked away just shook his head.

Ahh, ok thanks lads!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You