What music do you like?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what types of Music I like. Rap, and Any form of it, is a genre I don't like. End of story.

Konohas its not worth it! Term wears you down slowly until you lose the will to live and are forced to give in and accept that he is right. He is like sandpaper on a block of wood- it takes time but eventually he will weaken you ;)

Konohas its not worth it! Term wears you down slowly until you lose the will to live and are forced to give in and accept that he is right. He is like sandpaper on a block of wood- it takes time but eventually he will weaken you ;)

TerminatorX has obviously never argued with me. He won't/can't wear me down.

TerminatorX has obviously never argued with me. He won't/can't wear me down.

'Argued'?, Lmao..

let's stop arguing.
We're never going to agree so you might as well stop...

^ All you've done in this topic is 'back out', yea.. really impressive counter-arguments there. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you are a philistine for judging rap music through that medium.

TX is right, every genre has its mainstream and more often than not that mainstream is horrible.

Precisely.

'Argued'?, Lmao..

^ All you've done in this topic is 'back out', yea.. really impressive counter-arguments there. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you are a philistine for judging rap music through that medium.

Precisely.

lol If you think. that was arguing, you have some problems. Plus, is Philistine the only word you know? One trick pony-much. Grab a dictionary mate.

lol If you think that was arguing

I was mocking you.. :rolleyes:

All the while very aware you haven't 'argued' or debated anything, merely waved the white flag, and backed out.

Plus, is Philistine the only word you know? One trick pony-much. Grab a dictionary mate.

I repeated the word because you ignored the implications (and for which describes you perfectly). Thus repetition/reaffirming, as you failed to acknowledge that your opinion was based on ignorance.

I was mocking you.. :rolleyes:

All the while very aware you haven't 'argued' or debated anything, merely waved the white flag, and backed out.

I repeated the word because you ignored the implications (and for which describes you perfectly). Thus repetition/reaffirming, as you failed to acknowledge that your opinion was based on ignorance.

Your being awfully assumptive aren't you? Jumping to conclusions like I base my opinion on 'Ignorance' when I have told you before that I simply do no like rap and any variants of this dull, unintelligent and overly homogeneous music genre.

unintelligent

In the history of human civilisation, and the history of music, only one music genre has had a artist deemed a 'genius' by a Professor. That genre was Hip Hop, the artist.. Nasir Jones. Linguistic professors have written books analysing the lyricism, there is a entire class at Duke University for the study of 'Illmatic'.. a rap album.

overly homogeneous music genre.

That's Illogical, and ironic considering you listed dubstep as one of your favourite genres. :rolleyes:

You have everything from conscious rap, Hip Hop that caters and relates to a wide range of audiences, biploar styles (commercial/underground), and politically charged rap.. like most music genres, the subject matter and styles are expansive.

In the history of human civilisation, and the history of music, only one music genre has had a artist deemed a 'genius' by a Professor. That genre was Hip Hop, the artist.. Nasir Jones. Linguistic professors have written books analysing the lyricism, there is a entire class at Duke University for the study of 'Illmatic'.. a rap album.

That's Illogical, and ironic considering you listed dubstep as one of your favourite genres. :rolleyes:

You have everything from conscious rap, Hip Hop that caters and relates to a wide range of audiences, biploar styles (commercial/underground), and politically charged rap.. like most music genres, the subject matter and styles are expansive.

The fact that Rap has an entire class based around it shows how many Stupid people are in this world. Mind boggling how something as unimportant and trivial as that can have a Class. Plus, who cares if some Professor called a Rapper a 'Genuis'. It sounds like he was a closet Rap fan who was using his position if power to talk up the Genre. Nothing special, it seems you fell for it.

The fact that Rap has an entire class based around it shows how many Stupid people are in this world. Mind boggling how something as unimportant and trivial as that can have a Class. Plus, who cares if some Professor called a Rapper a 'Genuis'. It sounds like he was a closet Rap fan who was using his position if power to talk up the Genre. Nothing special, it seems you fell for it.

'Groups' of linguistic professors & intellectuals have written books analysing the lyrics of rappers like Nasir Jones, it's not just one we're talking about here. Lyrically, Rap music has had the most academic treatment in music history, intellectually superior.

. Proffesor James Peterson

. Proffesor Eric Dyson

. Proffesor Sohail Daulatza

. Proffesor Mark Anthony Neal

. Professor Eddie Glaude

^ Coincidentally, all responsible for the book 'born to use mics', in which a rappers lyrics were analysed, and hailed as 'genius'.

In the history of human civilisation, and the history of music, only one music genre has had a artist deemed a 'genius' by a Professor. That genre was Hip Hop, the artist.. Nasir Jones.

Bach,Mozart,Beethoven,Brahms and i am sure there are many more from other music genres as well (for example traditional music) that have been called geniuses by professors

Bach,Mozart,Beethoven,Brahms and i am sure there are many more from other music genres (for example traditional music) that have been called geniuses by professors

Not to mention The Beatles get a fair share of the genius lable. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was a pretty amazing album.

Bach,Mozart,Beethoven,Brahms and i am sure there are many more from other music genres (for example traditional music) that have been called geniuses by professors

And how exactly does that discredit Hip Hop?... If you want to 'butt into' my education class here, at least keep it in context.

Rap music has had the most academic treatment in contemporary music history, that's a fact, I only deal in facts.