Edinson Cavani

CFC58

He's not naturally, but if worst gets to worst he can play there. He used to at Crystal Palace.

I'm glad the club isn't run by some on here, Cavani for £35m as a back up striker? Ludicrous.

100% agree, people want to spend £110 million on new players. No concept of squad harmony, I mean these are real people, not a fantasy football team.

I mean why not buy Messi, Neymar, Iniestaband Xavi and be done with it.

Its not about that, its about the quality, Torres keeps looking ever so uneven and Sturridge have played on the wing for quite some time now and can keep doing it.

Cavani is one of the top strikers in the world, we need that if we want to challenge for the title/cl.

Mate we won the CL with one of the worst squads that has ever won the CL, chillax :P We don't need Cavani, hes a luxury, maybe another striker is needed but not someone on tonnes of wages and worth 30 million. Moses could be used there too.

so you think Cavani should be bought because there are chances of Danny and Torres both getting injured?Well, then WHAT IF CAVANI GETS INJURED!!?

Explain me that now.

As I said, I don't think Torres/Sturrigde are good enough, its not the injury thing mainly.

Whatever, I can't win this.. ill give you all the benefit of the doubt and see how it turns out.

Maybe, we have Mikel, Lampard, Romolu, Essien and possible Oscar... personally feel Meireles is crud, poor in possession, gives away free kicks just not upto standard. Its actually the one area i believe we could do with improving.

Oh and I agree, I'd have thought Lukaka would have played this year, but he became very disillusioned last season, to the point where he was relieved to be leaving the team he supported as a child. He wants to improve and to do so he feels he need first team football(I really respect this kid and his attitude).

I don't disagree about Meireles, just pointing out we'd need to get someone else. The players you mentioned aren't very aggressive or quick, especially when marking (with the exception of Ramires); Meireles is. Lampard isn't quick, but he is aggressive and sometimes Romeo and Mikel lack that "fighting spirit." I'd also love to get someone else who has both, aggressiveness and technique, but until then, Meireles will have to do.

Cool, didn't know it got to that point with Lukaku. He was 18 last season, so I cannot blame the managers for not playing him. At the same time I understand why Chelsea got him: loads of natural talent.

As I said, I don't think Torres/Sturrigde are good enough, its not the injury thing mainly.

Whatever, I can't win this.. ill give you all the benefit of the doubt and see how it turns out.

I can understand your point of view but don't you think its kind of unfair on Danny's part?Lets see how the young englishman pans out as our center forward first and then judge him.

I can understand your point of view but don't you think its kind of unfair on Danny's part?Lets see how the young englishman pans out as our center forward first and then judge him.

I really want Sturridge to succeed, I sincerely hope he does. I have always liked him.. the reason I am cautious is because he is so unproven, couple that with Torres on again off again form.

Maybe we should give them the chance, and if we need we buy in January.

I don't disagree about Meireles, just pointing out we'd need to get someone else. The players you mentioned aren't very aggressive or quick, especially when marking (with the exception of Ramires); Meireles is. Lampard isn't quick, but he is aggressive and sometimes Romeo and Mikel lack that "fighting spirit." I'd also love to get someone else who has both, aggressiveness and technique, but until then, Meireles will have to do.

Cool, didn't know it got to that point with Lukaku. He was 18 last season, so I cannot blame the managers for not playing him. At the same time I understand why Chelsea got him: loads of natural talent.

Don't disagree I think we need someone more dynamic in CM ala Essien of 3-4 years ago. I just hate watching Meireles, not sure what his pass completion is but I bet it's poor compared to the rest of he squad. And as a CM you should be recycling possession from defence to attack. He does offer more mobility, but then so does the young spaniard. But for some reason RDM doesn't seem to like him.

Yeah Lukaka was pissed.... I don't blame him, he wants to play because he loves the game, very mature for his age. Think he is going to excel at WBA... This another reason why I don't want a third striker, he could step up and make the spot his own next year.

The only reason people are not wanting another striker,

Is because of the complete over hyping of Sturridge, like walcott and welbeck, his is a brainless selfish player who has the ability to only ever be "good" never great and you need great players not good players,

Now the english media has alot to do with this the same people will complain about romeu, Meireles etc and hype up sturridge. walcott, oxlade chamberlain, who are britains great hopes for players but utimately useless to top teams in which they play, a good example of listening to the media and not forming your own opinions is the complete over rating of players like Ben arfra, and Tiote (a "destroyer" ive seen destroyed more times then doing the destroying) and players like cabaye and jonas get over looked completely.

We need cavani or AT LEAST a good replacement striker.

Is because of the complete over hyping of Sturridge, like walcott and welbeck, his is a brainless selfish player who has the ability to only ever be "good" never great and you need great players not good players,

Now the english media has alot to do with this the same people will complain about romeu, Meireles etc and hype up sturridge. walcott, oxlade chamberlain, who are britains great hopes for players but utimately useless to top teams in which they play, a good example of listening to the media and not forming your own opinions is the complete over rating of players like Ben arfra, and Tiote (a "destroyer" ive seen destroyed more times then doing the destroying) and players like cabaye and jonas get over looked completely.

No, we dont, and I cant wait for this thread to be locked.

We got enough players able to score goals. Torres should be able to score around 20, I believe Sturridge can definatley score more than that. Hazard should do a few, Mata, Lampard, Terry/iva on corners etc.

It would be absolutley stuipid to buy another 50m striker. We just dont need that. And we wont get that. At least not this window. Perhaps if things look really terrible and one of Torres/Sturridge go on a serious injury, we might bring in someone like Cavani in january.

But for now, I think it's safe to say we do look good. However I would definatley prefer a creative DM. Other than that, we dont need more players this window. We've bought some talents and tbh Im very happy with how this transfer window turned out. Lets not get crazy here.

Pfff... lol

Sturridge isn't hyped up, nobody is saying he is the next big thing, destined for the stars.

He did however have a good start to last season. He is also very fast and capable of beating his marker (whomever they maybe) and is an extremely competent finisher.

Most of these observations were based on having watched him for the whole of last year. But hey you carry on don't let me stop your rant.

No, we dont, and I cant wait for this thread to be locked.

We got enough players able to score goals. Torres should be able to score around 20, I believe Sturridge can definatley score more than that. Hazard should do a few, Mata, Lampard, Terry/iva on corners etc.

It would be absolutley stuipid to buy another 50m striker. We just dont need that. And we wont get that. At least not this window. Perhaps if things look really terrible and one of Torres/Sturridge go on a serious injury, we might bring in someone like Cavani in january.

But for now, I think it's safe to say we do look good. However I would definatley prefer a creative DM. Other than that, we dont need more players this window. We've bought some talents and tbh Im very happy with how this transfer window turned out. Lets not get crazy here.

Sturridge more then 20 goals? lmfao, if he did score more then that surely must mean about a 100 chance wasted and no team play to get him anywhere near that, he is useless, fine dont bring in cavani but bring someone in i'd rather lukaku any day then sturridge, and 2 strikers is not enough,

Also Cavani can take a penalty like lampard, and dont you dare say david luiz or mata or cole, bar the CL final they barely took them and when they did the usualy miss, so thats not good enough, Cavani is a proven peno taker. which is worth having him on the field alone.

Pfff... lol

Sturridge isn't hyped up, nobody is saying he is the next big thing, destined for the stars.

He did however have a good start to last season. He is also very fast and capable of beating his marker (whomever they maybe) and is an extremely competent finisher.

Most of these observations were based on having watched him for the whole of last year. But hey you carry on don't let me stop your rant.

That's just laughable, i heard Jamie rednapp compare him to messi last year ffs, He is so overhyped its not even funny, the only reason he hasnt been lately is his form's been so poor it's impossible. I'd also never call him a competent finisher. He can beat his man but that's no good when the ball always end up in a glory shot because he's a selfish child and ends up in row Z.

Sturridge more then 20 goals? lmfao, if he did score more then that surely must mean about a 100 chance wasted and no team play to get him anywhere near that, he is useless, fine dont bring in cavani but bring someone in i'd rather lukaku any day then sturridge, and 2 strikers is not enough,

Clearly you must be either totallt clueless or high. No point in discussing with you

I think Sturridge could go either way, his entire being lends better to playing CF though, he never really fit the role of a winger.

If he became more clinical he could be something good, lets hope.

Clearly you must be either totallt clueless or high. No point in discussing with you

Heard it all last year the year before and way back, before he was loaned to bolton, youve not been the first to say he's great and you wont be the last but the theme that brings you altogether is that your all wrong, and he is indeed dead weight.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You