Chelsea vs Everton

BlueLion.

Can't see us winning the title this year. An that's not because I am pissed off about tonight. I am watching the Man U game at the moment and i can honestly say that that play such a quick, sharp game of football. We look like shit. Even with precious seconds to go our players were still holding the ball at their feet and wasting time.

With Essien out, Drogba (who i believe is doing way more than he should be) Mikel and Kalou gone to the ACN we don't stand a chance of keeping up with Man U who are killing it without 7 regular players.

At the start of the season we had so much depth but i seems as though it's all gone. I would love to hook at least three players tonight but who do you replace them with?

Villa just scored!!!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be holding my breath for a Villa win, United are way too good at coming back from behind. Besides, Villa's record against them speaks for itself.

We had our chances to pull away from United in the last week and blew it!

The defence was the shits today , you cant concede like that from 3 set plays. Somebody needs to do something about Cech , time to face facts , since the head collision he seems to have lost his nerve. Really poor perfomance again from him today. What I wouldnt give to see Alex back in the heart of the defence. Mikel also was simply too slow around the pitch , too plodding and too predictable. When we dont have Essien in the team our midfield doesnt work because neither Ballack or Mikel are very mobile. Also Joe Cole is bang out of form , he doesnt look sharp at all.

However credit to Drogba , at times we look like a one man team and we can thank our lucky stars that , that one man is the best striker in world football , say what you like but there aint anybody better than Didier Drogba. Also Anelka continues his superb season and I thought Ivanovic did well today.

However not all bad news as we are now 3 points clear. If you offered me the chance to go 3 points clear at the top at the start of the day I would have taken it.

Improvements need to be made in January.

Yeah but we cant have it both ways. They should be beating villa at home really. They will be saying on their forum something along the lines of:

"Fuck sake, Chelsea draw and we lose when we can go level! We should beat Villa, this was the opportunity to catch Chelsea, we should be level with them now but now we're 3 points behind"

Swings and roundabouts.

It doesnt matter that United lost today. We can't hope to have them lose everytime we drop points. If Cech is to be dropped do you think we should try to sign a keeper in January? If so, who?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. We're lucky Villa won tonight but it I don't think it'd be a similar case if we drop points next time. We really need to sort out our defense.

Just seen the highlights, what on earth was Cech doing on Evertons 3rd goal, got caught in no mans land. We can't defend from set pieces, i think we have the worst record in the league, wheres the communication?

Only positive note was Man Utd didnt win. :/

Just seen the highlights, what on earth was Cech doing on Evertons 3rd goal, got caught in no mans land. We can't defend from set pieces, i think we have the worst record in the league, wheres the communication?

Only positive note was Man Utd didnt win. :/

To be honest, he was furious at Drogba afterwards, but I have to agree, just a lack of communication in the box

Very frustrating game to watch. We had them by the scruff of the neck at one stage and we got two quick goals and it could of easily been more. The game should of been won before half time.

Defending was shocking, Besides Ivanovic for me who again was my man of the match, for the last 3 pl games. Cech is really frustrating me of late, he will never be the same again. I think alot of the goals we have conceeded this season have been from his lack of confidence from set pieces and his lack of communication with our defenders.

Waiting for pompey and we cannot afford anything less than a win.

KTBFFH blue%20scalf.gif

Maybe Ancelotti should stick with Hilario for the next games so Cech can get back on the track in training and regain some confidence.

To be honest every time the ball comes anywhere near the box i am afraid of what Cech is going to do with it.

He and his little flicks all the time, gets my blood boiling....