Christian Pulisic

the wes

On 24/03/2019 at 2:43 PM, Nicco said:

I'll never understand why they didn't pay 30 more for Sancho instead of Pulisic and get a much better player in return plus fixing our worries about homegrown, such a joke.

It's easy to understand though, he costs less and is American = profit. Also he isn't satisfied with his lack of game time, much easier to lure away than an on fire and very expensive Sancho who extended his contract 3 months prior. We would have had no chance at Sancho.

from what little i have seen of him i feel as if he is a player similar to Pedro if i have to choose and i also see a similar numbers atleast at club level. As for NT he is going to be (Our) "Messi"ah till the next one come around..

On 2019. 03. 24. at 1:43 PM, Nicco said:

I'll never understand why they didn't pay 30 more for Sancho instead of Pulisic and get a much better player in return plus fixing our worries about homegrown, such a joke.

Because it's real life, not Fifa. 30 more? So do you think the first club who is willing to pay 90 million pounds gets him? No matter if it's Juventus, City, Real or Blackburn Rovers? It's not a grocery store, we are talking about human beings with decisions.

You have to agree with the player too. Sancho is like the most wanted player in Europe right now, not our category. We were never even rumoured to sign him just like De Ligt or De Jong.

Pulisic is not doing so well recently, but he still has the tools to be a great player. He has elite pace and acceleration to go along with his technical ability. I have seen him healthy and on form, he can be devastating. 

His constant injuries/medical issues do concern me though. 

7 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Chelsea has one of the best if not the best medical staffs in the world. If there's any club that can help him with those injuries it's this one

3 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Pulisic is not doing so well recently, but he still has the tools to be a great player. He has elite pace and acceleration to go along with his technical ability. I have seen him healthy and on form, he can be devastating. 

Maybe it is a concern or maybe I'm just clutching at straws but Dortmund players do seem get injured here and there quite a bit. Not sure if it's their training regime or dodgy physios or both over there. Hope things will be different when he comes since we do have a good record when it comes to players being injury free etc.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Because it's real life, not Fifa. 30 more? So do you think the first club who is willing to pay 90 million pounds gets him? No matter if it's Juventus, City, Real or Blackburn Rovers? It's not a grocery store, we are talking about human beings with decisions.

You have to agree with the player too. Sancho is like the most wanted player in Europe right now, not our category. We were never even rumoured to sign him just like De Ligt or De Jong.

Have to agree. Other than the one-off Kepa buy that only occurred after big nose fucked us and Oblak turned us down, Roman stop going for best in world (no Kepa is not that, lolol, just cost a shedload) players well over a decade ago.

Other than his first 2 years, Roman has only spent £37m total net per year on transfers. Complete myth we are a big spending club.

With the bans, that will drop to £34m per year net since 2006, and less if we sell during the bans. Say a Hazard £100m sale. That alone drops it to only £27m net spent per year for a 14 year period.

Btw. THAT DOES NOT COUNT LOAN FEE REVENUE. Plug that in it must be close to zero spent net.

I always laugh when I see articles talking about the billion and a half Roman has supposedly spent on transfers. No biggie, those articles only get it wrong by.. OVER A BILLION QUID NET.

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I always laugh when I see articles talking about the billion and a half Roman has supposedly spent on transfers. No biggie, those articles only get it wrong by.. OVER A BILLION QUID NET.

I wouldn't trust a word that comes out of Daily Mail, Goal etc. and especially when they talk about finance. I mean they rarely even seem to understand the difference between € and £

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Have to agree. Other than the one-off Kepa buy that only occurred after big nose fucked us and Oblak turned us down, Roman stop going for best in world (no Kepa is not that, lolol, just cost a shedload) players well over a decade ago.

Also, it's possible that we won't play in the Champions League next year. And what if we will? City, Pool, Barcelona or Juventus are years ahead us. We can close this gap with hard work and consistent building but not in a few months. So I don't think signing Sancho was an option for us.

20 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Also, it's possible that we won't play in the Champions League next year. And what if we will? City, Pool, Barcelona or Juventus are years ahead us. We can close this gap with hard work and consistent building but not in a few months. So I don't think signing Sancho was an option for us.

Pulisic isn't a consistent option either from what I've seen of him. Should've gone for Pepe or Fekir before trying to buy raw talents.

9 hours ago, Nicco said:

Pulisic isn't a consistent option either from what I've seen of him. Should've gone for Pepe or Fekir before trying to buy raw talents.

He is just 20, he may improve a lot. 

Of course I’m insecure about him too, but I’m optimistic, hoping for the best :) His run and his goal against Chile was great, so was his 1v1 on Valencia, we can see he has the talent, let’s hope consistency will come with age.

United States star Pulisic out 3-4 weeks with muscle tear - source

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/borussia-dortmund/story/3810442/united-states-star-pulisic-out-3-4-weeks-with-muscle-tear-source

United States and Borussia Dortmund midfielder Christian Pulisic is set to miss the next 3-4 weeks after tearing a muscle in his right thigh in Tuesday's 1-1 friendly draw against Chile, a source tells ESPN.

Pulisic, 20, returned to Dortmund after leaving the pitch early in the match against Chile in which he became the youngest American to reach double-digit goals.

snip

On 25/03/2019 at 10:53 AM, Miguelito said:

It's crazy the judgements people seem to be coming to based on one video...Maybe you all are implying the video is a microcosm of his play as a whole, but it really seems it is one video and now he is an ineffective player that stalls on the ball. Hazard does stuff like that often. Is he ineffective?

Let's just not take one video out of context.

Love Mbappe but its funny.

SETBACK 

United States legend Alexi Lalas says Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic has not ‘mastered’ skill of staying fit

Lalas, who won 96 caps for the United States, believes Pulisic's recent spate of injuries are cause for concern

https://talksport.com/football/518733/alexi-lalas-chelsea-christian-pulisic/

probably out for the rest of the season

the more I see the less I like

I have been against this deal from day one

so all know where I stand

hope he makes me look a fool

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

United States legend Alexi Lalas says Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic has not ‘mastered’ skill of staying fit

Lalas, who won 96 caps for the United States, believes Pulisic's recent spate of injuries are cause for concern

https://talksport.com/football/518733/alexi-lalas-chelsea-christian-pulisic/

:doh: 

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Buck admits they only bought him to get US  fans. Basically a shirt seller. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1115262/Chelsea-Christian-Pulisic-transfer-US-tour-2019-Bruce-Buck 

It obviously was a factor, but not the only reason.

1 hour ago, Yeboii said:

It obviously was a factor, but not the only reason.

It’s been going on since Abramovich took over, and is something I would fully expect a potential manager to be aware of, before accepting to become manager/head coach/puppet call them whatever you want.