test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-0 Southampton

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   7 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

312 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, manpe said:

We, as Chelsea fans, are really in no position to ridicule or criticize others for employing a tactic that we ourselves introduced and employed to great success (and unsuccess). It is only the first season in which we are trying to break out from this mould.

Yeah can hardly blame Southampton for yesterday's result.

Maybe the jackass referee, but not much else.

manpe and Unionjack like this

17 hours ago, manpe said:

We, as Chelsea fans, are really in no position to ridicule or criticize others for employing a tactic that we ourselves introduced and employed to great success (and unsuccess). It is only the first season in which we are trying to break out from this mould.

Incidentally we never played that way !
Only against Atletico in the semi of 2014 in Madrid.
Against Barca, the 2-2, we were down to 10 men after Terry was sent off.
I do not criticize, but that does n't make Soton a team worth talking about. Look at their table position.

3 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Incidentally we never played that way !
Only against Atletico in the semi of 2014 in Madrid.
Against Barca, the 2-2, we were down to 10 men after Terry was sent off.
I do not criticize, but that does n't make Soton a team worth talking about. Look at their table position.

You say we never played that way, then proceed to bring two examples. :dunno: You are either confused or haven't seen us play enough these past 15 years. We have parked the bus MUCH more than only those two times, heck the saying "park the bus" was coined after us. :lol: For example just look at last season against City, it was much much worse than what Soton was doing. You are making it sound like they played only defence and nothing else, I however remember quite a few instances being nervous when they got too close to our box and goal, I actually thought we would bottle the draw. So I really don't understand what you're talking about, I guess our subjective views and opinions are just very different.

22 minutes ago, manpe said:

You say we never played that way, then proceed to bring two examples. :dunno: You are either confused or haven't seen us play enough these past 15 years. We have parked the bus MUCH more than only those two times, heck the saying "park the bus" was coined after us. :lol: For example just look at last season against City, it was much much worse than what Soton was doing. You are making it sound like they played only defence and nothing else, I however remember quite a few instances being nervous when they got too close to our box and goal, I actually thought we would bottle the draw. So I really don't understand what you're talking about, I guess our subjective views and opinions are just very different.

Against City last season was two tearful affairs.
Against City couple of seasons ago we won 1-0 at the City ground after the defense performed heroics but it was n't parking the bus ! We hit the woodwork 3 times and failed to make it 2-0. You call that parking the bus ?
I missed very few matches the last eight seasons,
The only cases where we indeed parked the bus on purpose were those two & with 10 men in the case of Barcelona.
But that's neither here nor there. When a team has to approach a match that way they should do so. I did not comment against our opponents of two days ago for doing that but because they are a very poor side and we should be winning 5-0 against such opposition. 
About Leicester I did not say the same things, because they put up a very good performance.

7 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Against City couple of seasons ago we won 1-0 at the City ground after the defense performed heroics but it was n't parking the bus ! We hit the woodwork 3 times and failed to make it 2-0. You call that parking the bus ?
The only cases where we indeed parked the bus on purpose were those two & with 10 men in the case of Barcelona.

No, I never said that game was bus parking. Also Soton didn't, throughout the game they tried to attack, only in the last minutes they went full bus to keep the draw.

With your second statement I disagree and I'll leave it at that. I think that not many will agree with you on this, we didn't become notorious for it for playing only 2 games like that. Even the final against Bayern in 2012 was a bus job, won the damn thing by some cosmic luck.

21 hours ago, Special Juan said:

This is were the derision comes from, the no in between of the manager, no middle ground or no correct identification.

Sarri says "I like him" the board says "No, we don't, we need him".....BOOOMMMMMMM negative words start in press conferences and it's rinse and repeat again.

Sarri was asked his opinion on Pulisic a month ago and his response was positive. Many clubs have transfers decided above the manager these days (when Levy does it he's branded a genius) and Sarri has already said he has no intention of going all football manager on the board like Conte did. The youth signings of the early 10's were board driven but if we had a manager who utilized them properly we'd be the best in the league right now.

The only time it becomes an issue in my opinion is if the signing is against Sarri's philosophy (for example Lukaku) or is not/has no potential to be the required quality, neither apply to Pulisic.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Sarri was asked his opinion on Pulisic a month ago and his response was positive. Many clubs have transfers decided above the manager these days (when Levy does it he's branded a genius) and Sarri has already said he has no intention of going all football manager on the board like Conte did. The youth signings of the early 10's were board driven but if we had a manager who utilized them properly we'd be the best in the league right now.

The only time it becomes an issue in my opinion is if the signing is against Sarri's philosophy (for example Lukaku) or is not/has no potential to be the required quality, neither apply to Pulisic.

When Sarri said he did not know about the Pulisic move, did he mean he did not know the progress of the deal - he mentioned he was too busy to know having to manage every 3-4 days - or did he actually mean he did not know we were going to buy him despite having been asked about him? I know our board are crap and love to go on their own but it would really be BS if they did not give Sarri a heads up when they asked him about Pulisic.

When Sarri said he did not know about the Pulisic move, did he mean he did not know the progress of the deal - he mentioned he was too busy to know having to managed every 3-4 days - or did he actually mean he did not know we were going to buy him despite having been asked about him? I know our board are crap and love to go on their own but it would really be BS if they did not give Sarri a heads up when they asked him about Pulisic.

Was the full quote posted, cause I swear there was something in the lines of ‘They asked me about him a month ago but I didn’t know it was done until they announced it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jason said:

When Sarri said he did not know about the Pulisic move, did he mean he did not know the progress of the deal - he mentioned he was too busy to know having to manage every 3-4 days - or did he actually mean he did not know we were going to buy him despite having been asked about him? I know our board are crap and love to go on their own but it would really be BS if they did not give Sarri a heads up when they asked him about Pulisic.

Chelsea transfer news: Maurizio Sarri admits he was kept in the dark over Christian Pulisic move

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-rumours-latest-christian-pulisic-maurizio-sarri-done-deal-watch-video-round-up-a8709201.html

snip

“I didn’t know anything about [signing] Pulisic yesterday,” Sarri told the BBC following Chelsea's 0-0 draw with Southampton on Wednesday.Spurs exit, Arsenal bids, United pick No 1 target,    

“They asked my opinion about him one month ago. My opinion was positive and today I knew that the deal is done but I didn’t know anything.”

Sarri added that he has little control over Chelsea’s transfer activity.

“I am not in charge of the market so I have to tend to my matches and play every three days. I can only say my opinion to the club,” Sarri said.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea transfer news: Maurizio Sarri admits he was kept in the dark over Christian Pulisic move

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-rumours-latest-christian-pulisic-maurizio-sarri-done-deal-watch-video-round-up-a8709201.html

snip

“I didn’t know anything about [signing] Pulisic yesterday,” Sarri told the BBC following Chelsea's 0-0 draw with Southampton on Wednesday.Spurs exit, Arsenal bids, United pick No 1 target,    

“They asked my opinion about him one month ago. My opinion was positive and today I knew that the deal is done but I didn’t know anything.”

Sarri added that he has little control over Chelsea’s transfer activity.

“I am not in charge of the market so I have to tend to my matches and play every three days. I can only say my opinion to the club,” Sarri said.

But it was reported differently on ESPN...

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3741878/chelseas-sarri-unaware-of-pulisic-deal-i-didnt-know-anything-until-yesterday

Speaking after Wednesday's goalless draw against Southampton, Sarri said the club asked his opinion of Pulisic a month ago and he signalled his approval of the winger, but he did not ask to be kept updated on negotiations.

"I didn't know anything about [Chelsea signing] Christian Pulisic yesterday," Sarri told BBC Sport after the game. "The club asked my opinion about him one month ago and my opinion was positive and I knew the deal was done [today] but I didn't know anything. I'm not in charge of the market.

"We have to play every three days so I cannot think of next year, I have to think about the next match."