• Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea transfer news: Maurizio Sarri admits he was kept in the dark over Christian Pulisic move

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-rumours-latest-christian-pulisic-maurizio-sarri-done-deal-watch-video-round-up-a8709201.html

snip

“I didn’t know anything about [signing] Pulisic yesterday,” Sarri told the BBC following Chelsea's 0-0 draw with Southampton on Wednesday.Spurs exit, Arsenal bids, United pick No 1 target,    

“They asked my opinion about him one month ago. My opinion was positive and today I knew that the deal is done but I didn’t know anything.”

Sarri added that he has little control over Chelsea’s transfer activity.

“I am not in charge of the market so I have to tend to my matches and play every three days. I can only say my opinion to the club,” Sarri said.

But it was reported differently on ESPN...

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3741878/chelseas-sarri-unaware-of-pulisic-deal-i-didnt-know-anything-until-yesterday

Speaking after Wednesday's goalless draw against Southampton, Sarri said the club asked his opinion of Pulisic a month ago and he signalled his approval of the winger, but he did not ask to be kept updated on negotiations.

"I didn't know anything about [Chelsea signing] Christian Pulisic yesterday," Sarri told BBC Sport after the game. "The club asked my opinion about him one month ago and my opinion was positive and I knew the deal was done [today] but I didn't know anything. I'm not in charge of the market.

"We have to play every three days so I cannot think of next year, I have to think about the next match."

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images