Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

Yes there's a doc on the Freedom Movement In Chicago as well, dont know if youve seen it ? Think it was called ''King in Chicago''.

The Panther Party emerged out of a sense of exhaustion with the non-violent civil-rights movement such as teh Chigo Movt. Inspired by Robert F Williams’ armed resistance to the KKK in the South, two college friends, Huey Newton and Bobby Seale, established what was then called the Black Panther Party for Self-Defence, patrolling the ghettos of Oakland, California, to keep police brutality in check.

Where today black people are so often painted as the primary victims of America’s ‘gun culture’, the Panthers embraced it. Newton schooled himself on gun laws and made sure everyone knew their rights. Armed resistance, he said, was the only way to wrest back control of communities terrorised by racist police.

Gonna wait for the hype to die down before seeing Spectre

Fascinating history. Part of the "black fight-back". Remember studying it at undergrad; very interesting, to say the least.

I'm seeing SPECTRE on Wednesday. Expect it to be good; but not better than Skyfall.

Yes there's a doc on the Freedom Movement In Chicago as well, dont know if youve seen it ? Think it was called ''King in Chicago''.

The Panther Party emerged out of a sense of exhaustion with the non-violent civil-rights movement such as teh Chigo Movt. Inspired by Robert F Williams’ armed resistance to the KKK in the South, two college friends, Huey Newton and Bobby Seale, established what was then called the Black Panther Party for Self-Defence, patrolling the ghettos of Oakland, California, to keep police brutality in check.

Where today black people are so often painted as the primary victims of America’s ‘gun culture’, the Panthers embraced it. Newton schooled himself on gun laws and made sure everyone knew their rights. Armed resistance, he said, was the only way to wrest back control of communities terrorised by racist police.

Gonna wait for the hype to die down before seeing Spectre

Fucking love the Black Panthers. I have an art piece on exhibition at my school dedicated to Bobby Seale and Huey Newton. Real heroes IMO who are always unfairly painted as terrorists when all they wanted to do was educate, protect and feed the children in the community, and not worry about another black neighbor dead at the hands of the police every damn day.

Reagan fucked this country so bad and Huey got caught up in the crack cocaine that flooded the hood. Real shame what happened to him.

Fucking love the Black Panthers. I have an art piece on exhibition at my school dedicated to Bobby Seale and Huey Newton. Real heroes IMO who are always unfairly painted as terrorists when all they wanted to do was educate, protect and feed the children in the community, and not worry about another black neighbor dead at the hands of the police every damn day.

Reagan fucked this country so bad and Huey got caught up in the crack cocaine that flooded the hood. Real shame what happened to him.

Had Lorenzo Erwin stay in my house early 90s. Know youre jealous now Kieran :D

hey i'm all for discussing movies

they're remaking Ghost in the Shell with Scarlett Johansson (sigh)

the original Ghost in the Shell is fantastic 8/10

looks like it's not going to be the only American remake of a classic Japanese anime, as Christopher Nolan is rumored to be remaking Akira

it won't be his first movie based on a Japanese anime, since Inception is also based on Paprika

I liked when people actually discussed the movies they watched instead of just comming here and posting a score of 1 through 10 like it meant something...

I don't know man... the thread's title's actually "Last Film You Watched", not "Movie Discussion". Plus, going through the first few pages of this thread, the former's exactly what this thread has always been.

On topic: Margin Call 8/10

:Goober:

I don't know man... the thread's title's actually "Last Film You Watched", not "Movie Discussion". Plus, going through the first few pages of this thread, the former's exactly what this thread has always been.

If you are going by that logic, the topic is called Last Movie You Watched and not Rate the last movie you watched. So, technically you are out of topic. :wank2:

P.S: I was going for a more low blow as I thought of changing the title to movie discussio lol.

You're a wind up :lol:

Just seen the new Hitman.

Sorry, but what the actual fuck?!

One thing, and one thing only is good; Rupert Friend as Agent 47.

But he takes on a guy who (for me) is unbeatable, no one plays the hitman better than Timothy Olyphant,

just watch the series "Justified", baddest motherfucker i know.

Since when did Hitman become a genetic mutation?!
Ok, i'm seemingly a dinosaur because the game series has changed a lot over the years.
Some time ago, i tested one of the newier versions and it looked like a Call of Duty, i freaked out big time.
Back in the day i took part in the game series (Hitman 3 and so on) and the best strategy was always staying quiet and keeping things calm
Otherwise, you will be dead, you can't handle more than 1 guy in a Mexican standoff.

It's not Max Payne.

Your best friend was the piano string. That's what made the games great and unique!

It's like Thief without a bow or some of the Splinter Cell games.

I moaned a lot about the interpretion of Hitman out of 2007, but this one was even worse, always seeing everything when shit goes bananas, even provoke those moments all the fucking time, lol.

Anyone seen Wanted with Angelina Jolie?! For me, not so far off.

Everyone cares a lot about numbers. 5/10
The action was well orchestrated, but it's not a Hitman, use a different title, but then again guys like me don't watch it,
because as a result of it's an ordinary action movie, Statham does similar movies a lot.

hey i'm all for discussing movies

they're remaking Ghost in the Shell with Scarlett Johansson (sigh)

the original Ghost in the Shell is fantastic 8/10

looks like it's not going to be the only American remake of a classic Japanese anime, as Christopher Nolan is rumored to be remaking Akira

it won't be his first movie based on a Japanese anime, since Inception is also based on Paprika

I'm thinking that Akira will work out much better (I hope). After all, Paprika was awful and Inception was unwatchable.

I'm thinking that Akira will work out much better (I hope). After all, Paprika was awful and Inception was unwatchable.

Inception unwatchable? wow, tough crowd

so what movies do you in fact enjoy?

last movie watched: The social Network 7.5/10

crazy how he became a billionaire by just creating a website

Just seen the new Hitman.

Sorry, but what the actual fuck?!

One thing, and one thing only is good; Rupert Friend as Agent 47.

But he takes on a guy who (for me) is unbeatable, no one plays the hitman better than Timothy Olyphant,

just watch the series "Justified", baddest motherfucker i know.

Since when did Hitman become a genetic mutation?!

Ok, i'm seemingly a dinosaur because the game series has changed a lot over the years.

Some time ago, i tested one of the newier versions and it looked like a Call of Duty, i freaked out big time.

Back in the day i took part in the game series (Hitman 3 and so on) and the best strategy was always staying quiet and keeping things calm

Otherwise, you will be dead, you can't handle more than 1 guy in a Mexican standoff.

It's not Max Payne.

Your best friend was the piano string. That's what made the games great and unique!

It's like Thief without a bow or some of the Splinter Cell games.

I moaned a lot about the interpretion of Hitman out of 2007, but this one was even worse, always seeing everything when shit goes bananas, even provoke those moments all the fucking time, lol.

Anyone seen Wanted with Angelina Jolie?! For me, not so far off.

Everyone cares a lot about numbers. 5/10

The action was well orchestrated, but it's not a Hitman, use a different title, but then again guys like me don't watch it,

because as a result of it's an ordinary action movie, Statham does similar movies a lot.

Cheers on that, i've watched it the other night, and i was absolutely disgusted by what they did with this movie. In comparison the 2007 movie was miles better.

I don't even know why they even bothered with it to begin with.

About the other discussion going on, as long as Nolan keeps making movies i'll keep watching them and idolize him as the new movie god. Every movie he farts out is fantastic. The Dark Knight and Interstellar are masterpieces.

Cheers on that, i've watched it the other night, and i was absolutely disgusted by what they did with this movie. In comparison the 2007 movie was miles better.

I don't even know why they even bothered with it to begin with.

About the other discussion going on, as long as Nolan keeps making movies i'll keep watching them and idolize him as the new movie god. Every movie he farts out is fantastic. The Dark Knight and Interstellar are masterpieces.

We agree on a lot of things, nice one.

We all know why they did it, cash cow and earning more money, that's how it is with these dudes.

Nolan does make very good films, but i prefer "Memento", for me that's his best one so far.

Well thought out and difficult to guess the outcome.

"The Dark Night" is great, but is living off Heath Ledgers performances, outstanding!

Cameron Monaghan tries something similar in Gotham, but not as good as the original, but still nice try.

In principle, for me Batman Begins is the best of the trilogy, i think that film has it all, especially the story telling is awesome.

"The Prestige" is also very good, Nolan doesn't fuck around, he can't produce a flop.

You're spot on!

In the future there will be a new Batman film with Ben Affleck in it, exciting times are ahead of us. <_<

I'm curious about the new Bond, think highly of Daniel Craig since Layer Cake.

Regards.

We agree on a lot of things, nice one.

We all know why they did it, cash cow and earning more money, that's how it is with these dudes.

Nolan does make very good films, but i prefer "Memento", for me that's his best one so far.

Well thought out and difficult to guess the outcome.

"The Dark Night" is great, but is living off Heath Ledgers performances, outstanding!

Cameron Monaghan tries something similar in Gotham, but not as good as the original, but still nice try.

In principle, for me Batman Begins is the best of the trilogy, i think that film has it all, especially the story telling is awesome.

"The Prestige" is also very good, Nolan doesn't fuck around, he can't produce a flop.

You're spot on!

In the future there will be a new Batman film with Ben Affleck in it, exciting times are ahead of us. <_<

I'm curious about the new Bond, think highly of Daniel Craig since Layer Cake.

Regards.

Memento is great, it's the why Nolan movies are so great, what he shows on the screen and what his characters say it's so great, and yet what's even greater is what he doesn't show, what he doesn't want us to see the first time we watch the movie.

One could argue a movie like Interstellar is a great yet not so great sci-fi movie, does his job very well but nothing outstanding, until the last 10 minutes, those last 10 minutes where everything that you've seen in the past 2 hours make sense and it's all coming together. I do believe a Nolan movie to be appreciated properly has to be watched at least 3 times, i guarantee it won't get boring, you'll jsut keep finding stuff you haven't noticed the first or second time around.

I'll stop now because i could go on for hours on why i'm such a big fan of his :D

Oh and yeah :D Batman vs Superman, that movie will be so much fun to watch, and not in the "fun" sense.

Inception unwatchable? wow, tough crowd

so what movies do you in fact enjoy?

last movie watched: The social Network 7.5/10

crazy how he became a billionaire by just creating a website

check this post for some my recommendations (if you're curious): http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/19956-greatest-movie-of-all-time/page-5#entry1169564

Last movie I watch in cable, "NON STOP" by Liam Neeson.

Good thriller though about airplane highjacking.

I am amazed to see how Liam still in good shape although the guy is old and if I am not mistaken already reach 60 year old and still adequate to play action movie.