test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Southampton 0-3 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   20 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpi
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

203 posts in this topic

Southampton 0-3 Chelsea
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Alvaro+Morata+Chelsea+v+Vidi+FC+UEFA+Eur

2018/19 Premier League Matchweek 8
7th October, Sunday, 2018
St. Mary's Stadium
14:15 Kick Off (UK time)

Commentator was saying that we've failed to win a League away game after a European game. Not sure how far back it went. A good few years though. 

So hopefully.... 

Got to get bak to winning ways.
The other ones, Klop and co, are surely going to start dropping points.

A win then a City/Liverpool draw would make for one great Sunday(and Canadian Thanksgiving!)

Kepa

Azpi    Rudi   Luiz    Alonso

Jorginho

Kante        Kovacic

Pedro                        Hazard

Giroud

My Subs would be: RLC for Kovacic (60'-65') Morata for Giroud (70'-75') Willian for Pedro (75')

I liked what RLC showed yesterday, had more attacking intent than Barkley. With RB getting the England call up I think it would be good to see RLC get some PL gametime.

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Pedro is a must start for me, but I hope to god we don't get drawn into this "Morata has scored now so it's OK to start him" analogy- He has got a long way to go before he deserves any kind of start in the PL.

That's the thing. Isn't the first time he scored but I don't think it's suddenly going to be a regular thing. Torres had that. Glimpse then that was it.. So hopefully yeah not the case. 

I would love to see Ruben start this match, he's an exciting player and I think after what he did last season he's more than capable of playing regularly at Chelsea, giving players like Ruben and Mount a chance could save us so much money in the long run as well as having players who love the club and will give 100% week in week out.

Johnnyeye likes this

3 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Arsenal and Spuds both play before us... So win and we'll be below. Hopefully not for long though! Need to keep going. 

and a big win will get us 2nd regardless of any other result, so definitely enough incentive. Everyone should be fresh. So no excuses. If Pedro is back and can feature we should be versatile enough to break the bus they will surely park. 

I've admittedly not seen a second of Southampton play this season. No idea what to expect.

All I know is that it's a must win going into the break and with a desperate Mourinho/United who will want to get their season back on track afterwards.

Like commentator said Thursday. Liverpool 2014 was our last away win after a midweek European game.. So hopefully... That will change tommrow. 

Team to play Southampton: Kepa, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Willian, Hazard, Giroud

Subs: Caballero, Fabregas, Pedro, Kovacic, Zappacosta, Cahill, Morata

7 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Kovacic and Pedro on the bench is frustrating. Two of our best players.

That's not bad actually. Sarri can bring them in after an hour if the game's still 0-0 or worse. Amazing options to have on the bench.

I really hope Barkley finally shows what he can do. I expected him to score double digits this season, so far he hasn't delivered

Johnnyeye and MefiX19 like this

Bloody hell Arsenal winning again, along with Tottenham and Man United. There is no way we can afford to drop points today, especially after the last two League draws. Come on!

Johnnyeye likes this

Goodluck to the lads, its a must win because all our rivals won their games, lets hope we can deliver, Southampton are a really stuborn side at home. Cheers