https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/academy/lucas-bergstrom

DATE OF BIRTH
SEPTEMBER 5, 2002
BIRTHPLACE
PARGAS, FINLAND
POSITION
GOALKEEPER

Image result for Lucas Bergström

Lucas Bergström is a goalkeeper who signed from Turun Palloseura in his native Finland during the 2018/19 season.

At 6’7, he is a very tall and imposing keeper who made his youth team debut in the final game of last season, keeping a clean sheet in a 2-0 win at Reading. He has also represented Finland at Under-16 level. He signed his scholarship deal in July 2019.

I'm not nearly as down on him as most seem to be. I'm more angry at the clownish defensive errors and set piece coaching that repeatedly happen in front of him.

He has a couple of very clear weaknesses due to his size. You would think we'd be trying to do everything we can to shield him from situations where his seize comes in to play. If we had a better defense in front of him I'm confident he'd come good again.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm not nearly as down on him as most seem to be. I'm more angry at the clownish defensive errors and set piece coaching that repeatedly happen in front of him.

He has a couple of very clear weaknesses due to his size. You would think we'd be trying to do everything we can to shield him from situations where his seize comes in to play. If we had a better defense in front of him I'm confident he'd come good again.

as I showed when we bought him

his size compared to to other top keepers is the same or sometimes a wee bit shorter or or wee bit taller

it is a myth he is short

we were spoilt by years of 2 huge keepers in Cech and Cuntois

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Unless the board decide to take a huge loss and sell him (doubt they would do that), they and Lampard need to decide what to do with him. Either find a good keeper to give him a kick up the arse or better yet, find a new GK coach that can actually help him improve his game (Lampard reportedly wanted Shay Given earlier this season), because his flaws are by no means unfixable. Lampard and his coaching staff also need to get Kepa and the defenders to work as a unit. They have been operating almost as individuals a lot of times this season. 

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

as I showed when we bought him

his size compared to to other top keepers is the same or sometimes a wee bit shorter or or wee bit taller

it is a myth he is short

we were spoilt by years of 2 huge keepers in Cech and Cuntois

There's a short montage of him on BT sport showing goals he's conceded by retreating onto his line as the ball comes in, compared to identical situations showing four other keepers coming out to punch or catch. It's almost like he's frightened of any physical contact

55 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Small problem though, we aren't actually giving away that many chances, last three games we have conceded 4 big opportunities, 3 went in and the other hit the bar.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Small problem though, we aren't actually giving away that many chances, last three games we have conceded 4 big opportunities, 3 went in and the other hit the bar.

I just worry about him on every corner, every set play, and every time our opponent has the ball on the flanks to swing in crosses becasue of his height and obvious fear of coming out to claim anything in the air.

Add to that our insistence on stupid zonal marking on corners and super high line on set plays and it's no wonder we concede so many.

I just don't belive he's a shit keeper as is the common assessment on Twitter. He was great last season. Once we get Reece + a new and improved LB as well as a settled CB pairing I think we'll see great Kepa again.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just worry about him on every corner, every set play, and every time our opponent has the ball on the flanks to swing in crosses becasue of his height and obvious fear of coming out to claim anything in the air.

Add to that our insistence on stupid zonal marking on corners and super high line on set plays and it's no wonder we concede so many.

I just don't belive he's a shit keeper as is the common assessment on Twitter. He was great last season. Once we get Reece + a new and improved LB as well as a settled CB pairing I think we'll see great Kepa again.

I hope you're right but I can't see it. I think he has a similar problem to De Gea in the sense he needs to be kept busy to be effective, there's just too many games now where we have kept an opponent at bay only to concede the first time they venture forward and that's a major problem if we want to build a title winning team. Courtois saved the shot in those situations Kepa doesn't seem too.

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

There's a short montage of him on BT sport showing goals he's conceded by retreating onto his line as the ball comes in, compared to identical situations showing four other keepers coming out to punch or catch. It's almost like he's frightened of any physical contact

another weak Spaniard

like Morata

we need to inject Kepa with some DNA from our Viking stock (AC needs to ask for a refund, lolol)

Peter Schmeichel barks orders at his outfield players

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

shame this kid is not 3 or 4 years older

Swedish Finn

Lucas Bergström

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/academy/lucas-bergstrom

DATE OF BIRTH
SEPTEMBER 5, 2002
BIRTHPLACE
PARGAS, FINLAND
POSITION
GOALKEEPER

Image result for Lucas Bergström

Lucas Bergström is a goalkeeper who signed from Turun Palloseura in his native Finland during the 2018/19 season.

At 6’7, he is a very tall and imposing keeper who made his youth team debut in the final game of last season, keeping a clean sheet in a 2-0 win at Reading. He has also represented Finland at Under-16 level. He signed his scholarship deal in July 2019.

Well, Milan played Donnarumma at the age of sixteen, this lad is 2 years older.

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

And you don't worry every time a player has a shot at our goal? I know i do!

On Teusday, the split second before the shot fior their second goal went in, I once again thought if he shoots there's a great chance of a goal and I get that feeling every single time now.

There was a stat the other day that showed he ranks 127 out of the top 132 European clubs for goals conceded from shots on target.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Replacing the keeper with the worst stats in the PL this season with the keeper with the 2nd worst stats in the PL this season? That’s a very Chelsea thing to do.