• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

i know its another topic, but this lot, including the manager, better grow a fucking pair and win the cup for Butch, its the least they can do to honour his memory and the club, maybe its a big ask from this group, even if we finish outside the top 4, just do it for Ray, its in times like these i miss Terry's leadership skills to galvanize the team

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

i know its another topic, but this lot, including the manager, better grow a fucking pair and win the cup for Butch, its the least they can do to honour his memory and the club, maybe its a big ask from this group, even if we finish outside the top 4, just do it for Ray, its in times like these i miss Terry's leadership skills to galvanize the team

This goes back to talking about leaders. The closest we have now is Azpilicueta, he's a great player and leads well but nowhere near the level of JT.

You can easily see JT speaking about Butch in an emotional message before a big game, and making the lads around really understand exactly what people like that meant to the people at the club.

There will never be another JT IMO and there will never be another Ray Wilkins.

5 hours ago, Mana said:

City are certainly not the best team in Europe. 

Moses - Nah, ain't better than this lot. Definitely. Like, have you seen this guy play all season? lol 
Alonso - This is a tough one. Last season definitely better, this season it's very tough. I currently see him as a good free-kick taker.
Fabregas - Worse. Sorry. What did this guy actually do this season?
Giroud - Same as Fabregas, although I can say he is barely used to judge fully.
Morata - Okay, fine.

And I was comparing Liverpool players there. Spuds players are 10x better than any of the listed lot. I'll bite my hand off if we can swap Morata for Kane.

City are pissing the supposed most competitive league in the world and likely to break the majority of records in the process, i would say they are at the very least in the debate.

Moses is a case in point, last season when Conte seemed to actually be intent on earning his money Moses despite serious limitations was a keyish cog in a title winning side, Alonso i think is one of the players who has actually improved this season but that's for another argument. Fabregas might not be great but i would 100% choose him over Henderson and Milner and Giroud is our back up, if we compare him to the back ups at Liverpool (Solanke/Ings) or Spurs (Llorente) it's night and day.

Also out of the Spurs players i imagine the likes of Aurier, Lloris (if Courtois is getting criticism then Lloris would be hated here) Trippier, Ben Davies, Dier, Winks and even Son (he's quite limited but playing in a system that suits his strengths and hides serious weaknesses) wouldn't be well received had we had them.

After this game, I can't believe it, but I really miss Diego Costa, he always seemed a cunt to me, but atleast he gave it his all, atleast he had some spirit to go by, all we have now are mostly headless chickens, who are stealing a living everyday

On 4/6/2018 at 6:48 PM, Mana said:

Fabregas is slow andlimited compared to Henderson and Milner. Fabregas used to make it up with his beautiful passing but he doesn't have that anymore. As I said, what did Fabregas actually do this season? What game this season (bar Atletico when everyone was ace) did we can say "Fabregas is one of our men of the match." I can't think of any, especially in 2018.

Yeah man. I would pick either one of Milner or Henderson over Fab. At least they have the physicality and energy to press and get around the pitch. Those two were key to nullifying City that night. Fabregas is key to slowing down our tempo, and like you said, without his passing (that has been missing this season) he offers shit. Kante is the only top 4 team midfield material we have. All the other midfield combos the top 4 can field shits on ours.