test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,423 posts in this topic
44 minutes ago, DDA said:

I can't stomach this bullshit. £22.5m !!!!

Are you having a fucking laugh???

Fuck off!!

Have we not learned from KDB, Salah!!!!

WANKERS!

Nope. 

Will we... Nope! 

I feel like I'm missing something here. I know Bayern are down these days and have aging wingers, but is CHO really going to walk into their team? Surely not? Why would he want to trade our bench for theirs?

Seemed to work for Coman. I guess they also look at Sancho's success & hope he could potentially replicate that (Robben off in the summer too).

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

We will sell for that i reckon.  If its £20m now with future add ons, he is off.   Clearly wants the move or they wouldn't make a second bid.  Suspect the youth fanatics are going to be in tears within first 2 weeks of January

i have no idea whats happening here. it's really strange to see bayern going after him. robben and ribery are leaving after this season, but i would expect that they will buy some world class replacements....i guess they want a sancho too

5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i have no idea whats happening here. it's really strange to see bayern going after him. robben and ribery are leaving after this season, but i would expect that they will buy some world class replacements....i guess they want a sancho too

At the moment, it does feel like Bayern just want to jump into the bandwagon and get their own Sancho. They've already got substantial amount of players in the wide areas.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11594314/chelsea-reject-bayern-munich-bid-for-callum-hudson-odoi

"Bayern Munich have offered £13.5m plus add-ons for Callum Hudson-Odoi but Chelsea want at least £22.5m, Sky sources understand."

The fact that we are stating at least £22.5m if that is true shows that the club realistically have accepted he will not sign a new contract. There should be a standard, 'NOT FOR SALE', but yeah the club will sell him in the summer if he refuses to sign a new contract. Jadon Sancho situation arising I can see, albeit it, we had much more inclination than City to play CHO than they did Sancho and we didn't use him. Seems now that Sarri used him against Watford. Maybe because the club realise the situation but too little too late imo.

CHO must have rejected a new contract that's why Chelsea thinking of selling him at that price 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Indeed. They have got Gnabry, Coman, Muller, Goretzka and god knows what they are gonna do with James and Ribery.

Unless he's been promised substantial game time at Bayern, it's tough to see him play regularly at there. Only need to look at Solanke. Left us to go to Liverpool, thinking he'll get more game time but he's been rotting on the bench and there are now talks that he will be going out on loan.

Gnabry is currently injured, Coman is injury-prone (missed 57 games since start of 16/17, only back to training recently), Muller plays through centre (and he's not that good this season), Goretzka is central-midfielder, Ribery most likely will leave after this season (end of his contract, Bayern' DOF said that they'll probably won't renew) and there's rumours that Bayern won't activate James' buy-option.

They're short of wingers and I think Hudson-Odoi has more chances to play for them then here.

Vesper, Stats and Johnnyeye like this

Just now, pHaRaOn said:

Gnabry is currently injured, Coman is injury-prone (missed 57 games since start of 16/17, only back to training recently), Muller plays through centre (and he's not that good this season), Goretzka is central-midfielder, Ribery most likely will leave after this season (end of his contract, Bayern' DOF said that they'll probably won't renew) and there's rumours that Bayern won't activate James' buy-option.

They're short of wingers and I think Hudson-Odoi has more chances to play for them then here.

Was assuming when everyone's fit and Muller and Goretza do play out wide for Bayern. 

50 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

It's Bayern Munich we are talking about here. They are elite club level. I don't think he can be guaranteed playing time tbh. It's a decision he needs to think about smartly. Slow introduction into the side is what is best for him, like Sarri has been doing. People talking about Sancho as the goal for a young player seems a bit off. Dortmund aren't as elite as Bayern Munich are, and Bayern certainly won't stand for being second best in Germany, this season or seasons to come. 

Its not as simple as stating not for sale and rejecting all bids.  If he has told the club he wants out, or rejected a new deal, you need to maximise your sale while you can. Or he walks for nothing at end of deal.  I like him, thinks hes decent with a lot to learn.  Don't quite think he is the world beater many do, but any deal with Bayern has to include a buy back.

Stated earlier i think 20m upfront with add ons will probably get accepted,

Young player is looking the real deal in pre-season and was arguably our best player. Season starts and he gets very limited playing time. Wants out in january. Eventually proceeds to leave for a german club. Sounds familiar.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Rapkun said:

Young player is looking the real deal in pre-season and was arguably our best player. Season starts and he gets very limited playing time. Wants out in january. Eventually proceeds to leave for a german club. Sounds familiar.

Has KDB written all over it. 

I am beside myself. I really am.

Embarassing is an understatement. 

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

55 minutes ago, DDA said:

Has KDB written all over it. 

I am beside myself. I really am.

Embarassing is an understatement. 

Lets wait until if/when it happens for this because the timing makes absolutely no logical sense. If he was offski it would have been in the pipeline for a relative while and i doubt he would have been included in any match day squad of late, let alone play a big part only two days ago. Furthermore his twitter posts after playing doesn't have the aura of someone with one foot out of the door.

Strike and DDA like this

IF this isn't fake news.......then....

If there isn't a buyback clause inserted, I am all out calling for the sale of the club.

Sarri can fuck right off too. 

FUCKING outrageous. Why do we even run an academy other than to loan out middling players?

All the Mason Mount and Reece James boosters (I include myself) here take a BIG note.

We are

the worst run

top 15 club

in the world.

Wait until you see the shit deal we end up with for Eden.:rant:

Johnnyeye likes this

I don't understand really... Good enough for Bayern to pay a fortune for him, but not good enough for Chelsea to at least give him substantial minutes over Willian or Pedro... We truly are a mess when it comes to promoting youth and haven't learned one single thing from the KDB, Salah etc. deals. Hudson-Odoi is on his way to becoming a truly great winger, but we turn our heads to that Dortmund guy Pulisic who frankly I don't get the fuss around him, he's only special because he comes with a good marketing package attached to his nationality... Fucking hell!!! 

kellzfresh likes this

We could be laughing at the meltdown on here soon. 

Dortmund were interested in him but there have been no indications of him being included in the Pulisik deal reported by Bild