Olivier Giroud

milka

I have a mate who's an Arsenal fan and he was pissed when we signed Giroud, even if they signed Aubameyang almost simultaneously.

However, my mate always says "Giroud's gonna score" when he sees him coming off the bench.

I absolutely love his passion and ambition. He just looks so confident and has that look in his eyes. Hope he'll stay here for a lot of years.

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

I have a mate who's an Arsenal fan and he was pissed when we signed Giroud, even if they signed Aubameyang almost simultaneously.

However, my mate always says "Giroud's gonna score" when he sees him coming off the bench.

I absolutely love his passion and ambition. He just looks so confident and has that look in his eyes. Hope he'll stay here for a lot of years.

That is the key mental difference between him and Morata. Let's not pretend that Giroud misses his fair share of chances or with his gangly frame he somehow manages to get in a tangle. But he never shirks away, and his composure and confidence never seem to change regardless of the circumstances.

With Morata you get the feeling, dare i say it like Torres and Shevchenko before him, that if he misses a couple of chances he goes into his shell and his head drops massively. That is hands down my biggest concern with Morata being our number 1 striker is his mental toughness.

7 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I can understand why Arsenal fans were loathe to see him leave. 

He's not the top drawer striker who will fire us to league titles, but he is the best 'alternative option' we've had since Drogba/Anelka, Drogba/Crespo. 

He will get us goals, and offers a completely different option up top. The lad literally wins everything in the air and brings our more creative players into play if we need to hit the ball long.

Nailed on for a striker spot next season.

The bigger decision this summer is whether the club decides to stick or twist with Morata and how it views Batshuayi.

Arguably the best back up striker in the league. 

49 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

if he misses a couple of chances he goes into his shell and his head drops massively.

Sounds like Eden.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

What are the odds that people make a 180 turn on Giroud in say 12 months' time? 

Knowing some on here probably after Swansea lol

9 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Genuine applause to the fans yesterday from him.

Players who give their all are always loved by fans no matter who they may have played for. Well done Giroud and let's hope your example rubs off on some of your under performing team mates who have lead many of us to become disenchanted at times.

Also really liked what Morata did seemingly praying for forgiveness and punching the badge which I know is only a small thing but its a touch I always like to see and I avsolutely loved it when Mou did it on a coule of days with real emotion in it.

Ive been really pleasantly suprized at the guy. And I know the pressure will be on Conte (or whatever manager we had or will have) to continue playing Morata due to how much he cost, but hes got to be our main striker at present. I hoped that buying him would give Morata that extra bit of needle to get him up and full of swag but I'm not sure if hes got any. They both seem really good lads but we have to stick with current form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure how I'd feel if he goes because in all fairness, I know he isn't lightening quick or particularly a world class player in any regards but he has the ability to combine with players and also offers an alternative option. As well as that he works extremely hard and leaves everything on the pitch. I think he'd be worth keeping around this season, I know he left Arsenal to play every week and he did get some starts here but I seriously doubt he'd start every week at Atletico who are reportedly interested in him.