test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Zappacosta
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Bakayoko
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

386 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think I heard they've scored most of their goals this season late in matches

That has happened only because they were leading 1-0 going into the final stages of the game and opposition opened up to chase the equalizer, which obviously in turn left themselves to be picked apart on the break. IF we can keep things tight and don't make any stupid mistakes, then we will have a chance of getting a result tomorrow. Taking the lead first will certainly help.

Pizy likes this

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

That has happened only because they were leading 1-0 going into the final stages of the game and opposition opened up to chase the equalizer, which obviously in turn left themselves to be picked apart on the break. IF we can keep things tight and don't make any stupid mistakes, then we will have a chance of getting a result tomorrow. Taking the lead first will certainly help.

I really, truly hope that our players will treat this the same way as they did Spuds and Atleti earlier in the season. We really need to raise our game and go all out. Treat it like we have to win it. A couple of them like Courtois and Rüdiger have been saying these things all week so I pray it happens. The Roma embarrassment should serve as the wake up call these players needed.

We know Mourinho will have his team up for it so the likes of Morata and Hazard who have been exposed as a bit soft and let their heads drop in games recently need to produce tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Can see this being a Mourinho special. A boring 0-0 until the 80+ minute mark and then they usually score. Think I heard they've scored most of their goals this season late in matches so hopefully that doesn't happen.

If our defence play like they did Tuesday then be surprised if manage to get to the 80th minute at 0-0...Hopefully can fix the issues and not run the wrong way and make stupid mistakes 

29 minutes ago, the wes said:

Kevin De Bruyne claims pinning back Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso is crucial for any team trying to beat Chelsea.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/04/kevin-de-bruyne-tells-manchester-united-how-to-exploit-chelseas-formation-7053223/

Every wingback would get destroyed by Sterling and Sane playing 1vs1 with them :) That is why you need winger dropping back and central defender & midfielder closing space around the ball on their side. But we have to agree that our left side is really poor with Cahill - Alonso - Fabregas and also Hazard not being a hardworker in defensive side ... we need changes :) 

With Hazard as left winger you need to realize that he is our main attacking threat and he won't run like Pedro or Willian, that is why you need better defenders on his side of the pitch. That is why I am hoping for some bigger changes in our starting lineup tomorrow, maybe even with different formation?

Courtois
Rudiger - Luiz - Christensen
Zappa - Bakayoko - Kante - Azpi
Pedro - Morata - Hazard

or Drinkwater in 352 instead of Pedro :) 

kellzfresh and the wes like this

Defeat at Bridge will be brutal... given what has been happening lately with the kind of results we have had.

Draw would ok but defeat I fear would end all hopes that Conte will continue to be our manager although it would be a bit of over reaction. I mean the club hasn't backed him at all in the transfer season how do you expect him to get results.

This game kicks off at 05:30 am on Monday morning in New Zealand time.
Thanks to England going back 1 hour it makes it worse to wait all night from 12:00 am. Tottenham game kicks off at 01:00 am.

56 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

This game kicks off at 05:30 am on Monday morning in New Zealand time.
Thanks to England going back 1 hour it makes it worse to wait all night from 12:00 am. Tottenham game kicks off at 01:00 am.

Wow could you send the score so i can do a bet seeing you live in the future lol . Take 1 for the team dude lets hope for a right result 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

IF we can keep things tight and don't make any stupid mistakes, then we will have a chance of getting a result tomorrow.

This unfortunately this is what we do regularly this season.

"make stupid mistakes" our season so far is littered with them.

I really do fear about this game because of that.

A lot of rumours coming out that that Luiz has been dropped from the squad. Hope this is not true, however there is no smoke without fire. Not sure what circumstances are to this if true.

25 minutes ago, Stats said:

A lot of rumours coming out that that Luiz has been dropped from the squad. Hope this is not true, however there is no smoke without fire. Not sure what circumstances are to this if true.

After all, The Sun is reporting it.. And they say it's because of the Roma performance.

Even if true, I don't think Christensen will be much worse than him tbh.

2 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

After all, The Sun is reporting it.. And they say it's because of the Roma performance.

Even if true, I don't think Christensen will be much worse than him tbh.

I hope it is not true. One because although he can be sloppy, still feel we need him in these games and 2 it will only give the media more reason to create unrest and create non-stop articles regarding the unrest between players and managers.

I hope Conte has worked on how our guys handle being pressed high up the pitch. Every time we are pressed high we cant play ourfootball. City done it to us and we looked an average outfit. Alonso needs o be awake from the start and I'd play Aspi on the right. Please God that Kante is fit, because if he's not we're fucked. I'd pair Drinkwater with him and leave Bakayoko on the bench as he's too slow, gets caught way too often on the ball and gives some very wayward passes. Back three of Rudiger, Luiz and Christensen, up front Pedro, Hazard and I suppose Morata, but he's gone way off the boil. We need to chase down this United side and not let them chase us and dictate the play or we're in deep shit. Also Cabilerro played very well against Everton and Courtois is certainly not setting the Premiership alight this season. Our guys need a kick in the arse to wake them up. Time for them to show some passion for the job, for the club and for the supporters who pay out big money week in week out to support them

Com'n you Blues KTBFFH.

Beigl likes this

I hope the players are up for it today. We need to attack their left side, which is vulnerable at times. Hopefully Zappacosta starts on the right and can create some opportunities. Morata, Hazard and Kante need to be on fire today. 

Couldn´t stand losing to a Mourinho side at Stamford Bridge..

Why is Luiz not in the squad? Fabregas, Cahill and Alonso still in first eleven, it is down to Conte if we lose this one .... 

3 in midfield like I had hoped! 😄

Cahill in place of Rüdiger. 😩

Lets hope Kante is ready for this. 

Just now, Pizy said:

3 in midfield like I had hoped! 😄

Cahill in place of Rüdiger. 😩

Lets hope Kante is ready for this. 

Cahill over Rudiger and Cesc "Passenger" Fabregas over Drinkwater ...