• Rudiger (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

On another note I also dont get two things; 

1.) Under Mou we became slow without any movement. Then Conte came and we were brilliant. Players moved quickly, many options to pass to, lot of dynamic to the game. This year its slow and no movement again

2.) Defenders under Mou were reckless in posession, get the ball and hoof it away. No control and composure in back. Conte came and we improved there big time. This season, again defenders have zero composure and we cant build from back at all.

So the big question is, why? Because of Conte or players simply decide to turn off every second season? 

Because the opponent knows how to cope with our threats now and Chelsea's lineup offers no threat from the wingbacks and very little from centre midfield, while the RF/RW is a goal threat about 30% of the time AT BEST.  Our buildup play wasn't even that great last season, but counterattacks were effective early in the season and halfway through the season. Now we are stifled with meager goalscoring threats in our side and the players, like Hazard still don't have have attack support/link-up play they need.  Hazard is frustrating himself sometimes, but IMO it's all down to the fact that our side haven't exhibited flowing football much since Eden came to Chelsea.

Interplay is poor at Chelsea; the times when our play does flow with speed and accuracy are exceptional moments for us. Conte could not change that overnight and for the long term without more fiscal support from the board.

Tell me: when Eden Hazard gets the ball on the wing, what has Chelsea offered as pacey, skilled support to him since he's been here when every time two defenders seal off lanes to reach the central striker and we have had zero threat from LB/LWB  or from centre midfield?

Look at the other side of the pitch; is it any better? Diego and Fabregas offered more to punch our way through defenders but those threats are basically gone and done.

1 hour ago, jernej93 said:

With Cahill in starting eleven:
Games: 11
Won: 5
Lost: 4
Draw: 2
Clean sheets: 2

Without Cahill in starting eleven:
Games: 5
Won: 5
Clean sheets: 3

Watch him start tomorrow <_<:D 

I think Gary and Willian are the two top candidates to leave us. I don't understand why CFC didn't have the sense to buy Harry Maguire and let Cahill be a backup or sell him.

6 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Ruedi--Christensen--Luiz--Azpi

Drink---Kante---Baka

Pedro--Morata-----Hazard

At this point, IDK what a good lineup is with this squad.

Again, left back is a problem unless Kenedy becomes a viable starter any week now.

I know you weren't really suggesting we should hold out hope for Kennedy but here goes even so. It has taken Kennedy twenty years to get where he is now. He isn't going to complete the journey ever, never mind in a matter of weeks. He is 100% not a wingback. No chance. None.

If there are genuinely people who want to believe that the blame lies with Antonio then they are as deluded as those who were blaming Jose.

I know Lukaku will be a handful and very dangerous but the one player I'm really scared of tomorrow is Rashford. The thought of him running at any of our defenders is scary. It actually might be beneficial for us to play Azpi wide for this reason. He's the only defender we have who's actually good in 1 v 1 situations.

From what I've heard since I haven't watched them every game this season is that Mou rarely starts both Rashford and Martial so if that trend continues it'll be great for us. Any super pacey, super skillful wide player against Alonso is a recipe for disaster.

Can see this being a Mourinho special. A boring 0-0 until the 80+ minute mark and then they usually score. Think I heard they've scored most of their goals this season late in matches so hopefully that doesn't happen.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think I heard they've scored most of their goals this season late in matches

That has happened only because they were leading 1-0 going into the final stages of the game and opposition opened up to chase the equalizer, which obviously in turn left themselves to be picked apart on the break. IF we can keep things tight and don't make any stupid mistakes, then we will have a chance of getting a result tomorrow. Taking the lead first will certainly help.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

That has happened only because they were leading 1-0 going into the final stages of the game and opposition opened up to chase the equalizer, which obviously in turn left themselves to be picked apart on the break. IF we can keep things tight and don't make any stupid mistakes, then we will have a chance of getting a result tomorrow. Taking the lead first will certainly help.

I really, truly hope that our players will treat this the same way as they did Spuds and Atleti earlier in the season. We really need to raise our game and go all out. Treat it like we have to win it. A couple of them like Courtois and Rüdiger have been saying these things all week so I pray it happens. The Roma embarrassment should serve as the wake up call these players needed.

We know Mourinho will have his team up for it so the likes of Morata and Hazard who have been exposed as a bit soft and let their heads drop in games recently need to produce tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Can see this being a Mourinho special. A boring 0-0 until the 80+ minute mark and then they usually score. Think I heard they've scored most of their goals this season late in matches so hopefully that doesn't happen.

If our defence play like they did Tuesday then be surprised if manage to get to the 80th minute at 0-0...Hopefully can fix the issues and not run the wrong way and make stupid mistakes 

29 minutes ago, the wes said:

Kevin De Bruyne claims pinning back Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso is crucial for any team trying to beat Chelsea.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/04/kevin-de-bruyne-tells-manchester-united-how-to-exploit-chelseas-formation-7053223/

Every wingback would get destroyed by Sterling and Sane playing 1vs1 with them :) That is why you need winger dropping back and central defender & midfielder closing space around the ball on their side. But we have to agree that our left side is really poor with Cahill - Alonso - Fabregas and also Hazard not being a hardworker in defensive side ... we need changes :) 

With Hazard as left winger you need to realize that he is our main attacking threat and he won't run like Pedro or Willian, that is why you need better defenders on his side of the pitch. That is why I am hoping for some bigger changes in our starting lineup tomorrow, maybe even with different formation?

Courtois
Rudiger - Luiz - Christensen
Zappa - Bakayoko - Kante - Azpi
Pedro - Morata - Hazard

or Drinkwater in 352 instead of Pedro :) 

Defeat at Bridge will be brutal... given what has been happening lately with the kind of results we have had.

Draw would ok but defeat I fear would end all hopes that Conte will continue to be our manager although it would be a bit of over reaction. I mean the club hasn't backed him at all in the transfer season how do you expect him to get results.

56 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

This game kicks off at 05:30 am on Monday morning in New Zealand time.
Thanks to England going back 1 hour it makes it worse to wait all night from 12:00 am. Tottenham game kicks off at 01:00 am.

Wow could you send the score so i can do a bet seeing you live in the future lol . Take 1 for the team dude lets hope for a right result 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

IF we can keep things tight and don't make any stupid mistakes, then we will have a chance of getting a result tomorrow.

This unfortunately this is what we do regularly this season.

"make stupid mistakes" our season so far is littered with them.

I really do fear about this game because of that.