test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 6-0 Qarabag

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Zappacosta
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Batshuayi
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

220 posts in this topic

Don't underestimate this team, they go through Copenhagen to react this stage and are usually doing well in Europe League. We must start strong in CL, that's why we should be concentrated at max and I think Conte knows that better than anyone else, also our players should be motivated that they will play in CL once again after a year.
I'd like to see Christensen in the starting eleven, but I'm not too sure that will happen. Zappacosta might start, if there was Alonso's back-up, he would've started as well, but Kenedy is not a player I'd trust in CL. Musonda might come in if we lead comfortably in the last 20-15 minutes of the game, coming for Hazard for instance. I believe Willian will start this match.
I've missed these CL nights, can't wait to watch them again, I hope Chelsea can start strong and solid this year in it and win the 1st match.

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Calf problem for Drinkwater apparently.

Damn. This was the perfect game for him to get his first start and begin to mesh with the other players.

communicate likes this

Sounds like Morata won't be starting tomorrow and while I'm okay with Cahill coming in against Qarabag, just bloody hoping that Conte doesn't permanently throw him back into the starting XI.

King11Didier likes this

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sounds like Morata won't be starting tomorrow and while I'm okay with Cahill coming in against Qarabag, just bloody hoping that Conte doesn't permanently throw him back into the starting XI.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/11/antonio-conte-confirms-stance-with-eden-hazard-and-drops-alvaro-morata-hint-ahead-of-champions-league-clash-6918920/

Sound like Hazard could be on the bench aswell 

Blusan Alamb likes this

7 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

Am I the only one who did not miss this competition?

U serious mate ? If I had to pick between CL or PL to win every year it would be the CL all day long that's the trophy every club wants to win 

MefiX19, kmk108 and BluesMadLad like this

Our boys all seem super excited to play tomorrow judging by their Twitter posts. Hopefully we're ruthless and put them to the sword quickly.

nyikolajevics and kmk108 like this

15 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

Am I the only one who did not miss this competition?

Probably. That's the big boy's league, who doesn't like that? 

I can't wait to see our boys against Simeone's Atleti with Griezmann, Koke and Saúl Níguez. We are going to play against fucking Arsenal like the 4th-5th time in 2017 this weekend, I am more excited about Roma and Atleti games.

TheIceMan, kmk108, DYC. and 1 other like this

The CL has become too stale, heck, I've been more excited for FA cup games than for this one. But who knows, perhaps it's just Qarabag. :ph34r: If I could choose between the PL and the CL, I'd always pick the PL.

Supermonkey92 likes this

8 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

The CL has become too stale, heck, I've been more excited for FA cup games than for this one. But who knows, perhaps it's just Qarabag. :ph34r: If I could choose between the PL and the CL, I'd always pick the PL.

I think "real" CL starts from knockout stage. Groups are kinda boring.

TheIceMan and the wes like this

37 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I think "real" CL starts from knockout stage. Groups are kinda boring.

I dont think so. Of course, there are weak teams but with 

Roma Atleti and Chelsea

Real Dortmund and Spurs

PSG Bayern

Barca Juve

City Napoli

I'm looking forward to a few games on there

These games (PSG - Bayern, Barca - Juve, City - Napoli) are completely pointless in the group stage when you know that they are surely going to qualify for the knockout stages. Even in QF you get teams that are steamrolled.

4 hours ago, Miki-Liki said:

These games (PSG - Bayern, Barca - Juve, City - Napoli) are completely pointless in the group stage when you know that they are surely going to qualify for the knockout stages. Even in QF you get teams that are steamrolled.

Games don't have to be do-or-die to be interesting and entertaining. 

Finally we are back in UCL. Always love this competition, it allow me to watch different style of football clash which is a fun sight.

My expectation is in UCL every year is very modest, do well which mean qualify to knockout round and if we have to lose, don't lose in dumb way (Like the way we lost against PSG, that really pissed me off)

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this