• Hazard (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm having a brain fart here and can't remember, does goal difference play any part in the CL group stage?

First tie breaker is H2H record.

EDIT: If two or more teams have the same points, then the following criteria are applied:

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
4. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
5. if, after having applied criteria 1 to 4, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 12 apply;
6. superior goal difference in all group matches;
7. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
8. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
9. higher number of wins in all group matches;
10. higher number of away wins in all group matches;
11. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
12. higher club coefficient.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

First tie breaker is H2H record.

EDIT: If two or more teams have the same points, then the following criteria are applied:

I can see Atleti scoring a lot against Qarabag so hopefully we also take them very seriously and score as many as possible ourselves. No playing a weak team like many of our fans are suggesting.

Don't underestimate this team, they go through Copenhagen to react this stage and are usually doing well in Europe League. We must start strong in CL, that's why we should be concentrated at max and I think Conte knows that better than anyone else, also our players should be motivated that they will play in CL once again after a year.
I'd like to see Christensen in the starting eleven, but I'm not too sure that will happen. Zappacosta might start, if there was Alonso's back-up, he would've started as well, but Kenedy is not a player I'd trust in CL. Musonda might come in if we lead comfortably in the last 20-15 minutes of the game, coming for Hazard for instance. I believe Willian will start this match.
I've missed these CL nights, can't wait to watch them again, I hope Chelsea can start strong and solid this year in it and win the 1st match.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sounds like Morata won't be starting tomorrow and while I'm okay with Cahill coming in against Qarabag, just bloody hoping that Conte doesn't permanently throw him back into the starting XI.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/11/antonio-conte-confirms-stance-with-eden-hazard-and-drops-alvaro-morata-hint-ahead-of-champions-league-clash-6918920/

Sound like Hazard could be on the bench aswell 

7 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

Am I the only one who did not miss this competition?

U serious mate ? If I had to pick between CL or PL to win every year it would be the CL all day long that's the trophy every club wants to win 

15 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

Am I the only one who did not miss this competition?

Probably. That's the big boy's league, who doesn't like that? 

I can't wait to see our boys against Simeone's Atleti with Griezmann, Koke and Saúl Níguez. We are going to play against fucking Arsenal like the 4th-5th time in 2017 this weekend, I am more excited about Roma and Atleti games.

8 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

The CL has become too stale, heck, I've been more excited for FA cup games than for this one. But who knows, perhaps it's just Qarabag. :ph34r: If I could choose between the PL and the CL, I'd always pick the PL.

I think "real" CL starts from knockout stage. Groups are kinda boring.

37 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I think "real" CL starts from knockout stage. Groups are kinda boring.

I dont think so. Of course, there are weak teams but with 

Roma Atleti and Chelsea

Real Dortmund and Spurs

PSG Bayern

Barca Juve

City Napoli

I'm looking forward to a few games on there