test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blue-in-me-Veins

6. Danny Drinkwater

Started by Blue-in-me-Veins,

143 posts in this topic

Maybe this was more down to instruction from Conte to retreat, Danny not fully upto speed or the opposition becoming fearless in the late stages, maybe all 3, but i feel bringing Drinkwater on to see out the games vs Bournemouth and United hasn't really worked and has invited pressure. Ok not to Jose bringing on Mikel extent but it is something that's needs to be noted as i can imagine this ain't the last time we are bringing Danny on to see games out this season, especially if 352 in the bigun's is now here to stay.

51 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Maybe this was more down to instruction from Conte to retreat, Danny not fully upto speed or the opposition becoming fearless in the late stages, maybe all 3, but i feel bringing Drinkwater on to see out the games vs Bournemouth and United hasn't really worked and has invited pressure. Ok not to Jose bringing on Mikel extent but it is something that's needs to be noted as i can imagine this ain't the last time we are bringing Danny on to see games out this season, especially if 352 in the bigun's is now here to stay.

To be fair, I think it'll depend on who Drinkwater comes on for. If he replaces Bakayoko or even Kante while Fabregas (and Hazard) remains on the pitch, then I don't think it'll be an issue. But if it's for Fabregas, like against United, then it may be one because we'll obviously invite pressure. Need Fabregas/Hazard out there to have some degree of control of matches.

The Skipper, Tomo and lucio like this

good player - i'd start him with cesc and kante. Put in luiz if we need size (not bakoyoko)

!Hazard! likes this

4 hours ago, lucio said:

good player - i'd start him with cesc and kante. Put in luiz if we need size (not bakoyoko)

Until yesterday it was anyone but Cesc. Now its anyone but Bakayoko (at least spell his name right). 

Pathetic as usual from our fickle fans.

What's pathetic is pretending this is a knee-jerk reaction based on 1 game. That isn't the case. The case has been clear long enough, and now people are getting fed up. 

lucio likes this

Still can’t believe we dropped £40m on this guy just because he’s English. 
And a last minute signing. We've been spending far too much on squad players in recent years instead of going for big guns.

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Until yesterday it was anyone but Cesc. Now its anyone but Bakayoko (at least spell his name right). 

Pathetic as usual from our fickle fans.

its not being fickle - its wanting to have a capable midfield.

positivefootball and Leif like this

Was very good in the first half yesterday and could've scored twice had he been sharper. Not bad at all for his first start.

Will be a very useful squad player for us. 

OneMoSalah likes this

He still needs to work more to understand his role in the team but as I said, he is certainly up to the challenge. His movement and desire have been good.

the wes likes this

He looks good I must admit. That's great. Feel Bakayoko will have to improve a lot to beat Drinkwater for starting line up which is good.

He’s not known for his game in the final third. How well he does there dictates how well this signing will go. 

Drinkwater > bakayoko, without dubt, it doesn't take long.

But we need an upgrade over both, someone Like goretzka and milinkovic savic,  i try to get gorerzka  as soon as possible: he is Free on  summer

Bakayoko came on and started where he left off against Liverpool. His pass choices were shite and he will not release that ball when the time is right.

Like Cahill, I hope this bloke is left out as right now there is much better players who can play in their positions. 

Drinkwater is amazing whenever he comes on to play. The only problem is his attacking play, he always makes really good runs in to the box, but doesn't know what to do when he actually gets the ball. He should either start working on his attacking instincts in the box or should leave it someone else to do the running. Because it just leads to us loosing possession and adds to frustration of the players.

11Drogba likes this

Injured yet again. Don’t know why we forced signing an injured CM when we already had one of the books. Drinkwater should’ve contributed far more than what he’s done so far. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Injured yet again. Don’t know why we forced signing an injured CM when we already had one of the books. Drinkwater should’ve contributed far more than what he’s done so far.

Injured? Pretty he has some illness at the moment, unless Conte mentioned something else in today's presser.