test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

14. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

1,130 posts in this topic

Just watching the game again and ok he dwells on the ball a bit too long sometimes but he dominated their midfield with Kante. He slowed down Atletico’s attack numerous times, then started our own, always looking to find a player in an advanced position. 

Bar the penalty mistake, another very positive performance again for me. Not surprised to see that we’re playing much better in big games with him in midfield. That’s what he was brought in for, people forget this. We already look way better in midfield. Kante’s performances are becoming more interesting too because Tiemou is his partner in midfield this season. Mentally, just knowing you have an absolute wall behind, it’s almost like his shackles has been released. License the hunt the ball up the pitch has increased even more. Kante position was often at RF at times in the game. 

My two cents. 

Comparing with the games I saw last season, he is impressing me even more. One thing I was unsure was that he didnt look as dynamic and quick compared to Fabinho. His reactions werent as sharp, but good enough for most ligue 1 teams. He had massive potential, however I didnt expect him to adjust so quickly.

He is a mix of strenght and agility, exactly what we needed. He still dwells on the ball bit too much and I miss more of his dribbling runs forward, but he is fantastic in defense. He realy adjusted to PL, his tackling and interceptions give Kante bit easier job and chance to move forward. 

The Skipper likes this

Antonio also said, at some point last season, that he wanted Kante to do more offensively. Now with Bakayoko there he can be more daring going forward. Having more shots on goal. Out of all the monaco players that left, I'm glad we got him. Bar Mbappe.

kellzfresh likes this

19 hours ago, Stats said:

You can talk :lol:

Not sure what you mean...I'm the not kind of poster that will be saying bullshit like: Moses is world class, or Matic is te best midfielder in the world or even Hazard is the best in the world after Messi and Ronaldo.  That doesn't me I'm a negative member.

To other side you won't read me writing stuff like: "X" is a piece of shit; Hazard is such a poor guy for playing with such awful players; the board is stupid because the squad is one the worst in the league. This forum is full of this shit in recent times, and its pretty funny that I used to be known as a ultra negative member because I used to say Mikel was an ultra limited player, AVB and RDM were terrible managers and Ancelotti deserved the axe years ago.

OhForAGreavsie likes this

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

Not sure what you mean...I'm the not kind of poster that will be saying bullshit like: Moses is world class, or Matic is te best midfielder in the world or even Hazard is the best in the world after Messi and Ronaldo.  That doesn't me I'm a negative member.

To other side you won't read me writing stuff like: "X" is a piece of shit; Hazard is such a poor guy for playing with such awful players; the board is stupid because the squad is one the worst in the league. This forum is full of this shit in recent times, and its pretty funny that I used to be known as a ultra negative member because I used to say Mikel was an ultra limited player, AVB and RDM were terrible managers and Ancelotti deserved the axe years ago.

I was only kidding with you Henrique :D

The Skipper, Leif and Supermonkey92 like this

56 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Morning KF,

Cant read it. Would you try again, or post a link please?

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_15_13.png

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_23_44.png

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_24_05.png

This is Bakayoko vs casemiro vs Busquets vs Matic. The one in yellow is Matic. It's from squawka site players comparison 

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_15_13.png

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_23_44.png

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_24_05.png

This is Bakayoko vs casemiro vs Busquets vs Matic. The one in yellow is Matic. It's from squawka site players comparison 

If we go to last season, Herrera had better stats on this website than Kante. And we were making fun of Man Utd fans for that. These stats don't mean anything. Bakayoko hasn't been that impressive at all so far.

Blusan Alamb and Robguima like this

6 minutes ago, positivefootball said:

Absolute garbage today. 0 ball control under pressure.

As most of the games :) But when we win everyone is just happy :)

He was bad, but I think singling him out is unfair. Kante tried to push up so he spent most of the match next to a guy who was invisible, against the likes of Silva/KDB/Fernandinho.

It was always a tough ask.