Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

For that amount of money you would want a significant upgrade on Matic and I dont think Bakayoko is that good, if he is an upgrade at all because there are certain aspects of the game where Matic is far better. Buying him definitely means selling Matic and the question is whether Conte is prepared to do it.

7 hours ago, Chelsea 96 said:

Why Bakayoko?? Fabinho is better. and the price is the same.

Fabinho has a lot more years on his contract, and Bakayoko's deal is up sooner (i believe next season or he has a really low buy-out clause.) 

Fabinho will probably end up going next summer.

But I 100% agree. 

Fabinho is supremely the better footballer. He's everything we need in Matic and much more. 

People tend to forget this is basically his breakout season. Nobody was expecting him to be next to Fabinho this year.

Not to mention people are basing it solely off CL games. He is still young and has room to improve. He's light years ahead of Matic already.

Keep in mind, I like the lad, but I do think someone like Naby Keita or Radja Nainggolan would fit us better. However, I can see the hype surrounding him.

3 hours ago, scargo said:

This man is bubble. he is the worst Monaco player in Juventus series.

he looks like another Mikel. I don't know why we insist on this man.

Tbh whole Monaco squad was poor. So many wrong passes and lost possesions, Juve did great job at pressing them. 

Watch Monaco in ligue 1 and u will see Bakayoko and rest are much better. 

In a way it was expected considering their age and inexperience, they will struggle against juve. 

But I agree Bakayoko had many fart moments in those two games, losing the ball in crucial areas which he needs to improve. Then again sometimes he looks very dominant in retaking the ball and driving it through midfield. If he can be more of that later, he will be cracking player.

Every game Fabinho started had me impressed. Every game Bakayoko started had me thinking 'Everton player', which is the go-to term now for any player almost good enough; For sure good enough to be a squad player, but can you picture this player being one of the best players on the pitch in a Champions League final vs. Madrid/Bayern/Barcelona/etc. given the context of our style of play? Or does it feel far more likely the player would vanish, have a solid season every year, but never wow against the best teams? 

Obviously I believe the latter. Completely different players, but no better than Ramires.
I easily picture Fabinho growing into Essien-like dominance.
Fabinho leads on the pitch. Last night, Bakayoko didn't show up, nor did he hide - he just accidentally vanished and didn't even know he wasn't performing well enough. Completely leagues apart in terms of mindset.

17 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

For that amount of money you would want a significant upgrade on Matic and I dont think Bakayoko is that good, if he is an upgrade at all because there are certain aspects of the game where Matic is far better. Buying him definitely means selling Matic and the question is whether Conte is prepared to do it.

And when you're not REALLY making a significant upgrade, it's probably better for morale & chemistry reasons to just stay put with what you've got; Because the grass isn't greener, it's the exact same grass, and mowing yours away just to implant that other grass in its place won't breed a healthy garden.

21 hours ago, the wes said:

Bakayoko concentration not the greatest which is a minor problem which can be easy fixed by conte 

The following's just opinion. It could end up i'm talking out of my arse, don't pay too much attention....

You can't teach sensitivity or focus, and that's what creates concentration, at least in football. Your level of awareness isn't something you can cultivate really IMO. Maybe to 5% beyond what it was before, but you either grow up just really, really sharp, or you grow up like 95% of people, normal people, & never reach an impressive level of awareness; it's all depending on the nature of the early upbringing + genetics. It's like trying to teach a player to be taller once they're 23 :P
Being a top footballer in the concentration department is all about feeling, about being intuitive, curious, recognising patterns.
You either hear every sound and see every movement, or you don't. A lot of us do, and we didn't practice or learn to. Writing this, I think I've just diagnosed myself with aspergers, because that's what these traits usually fall under. 

Messi, the best of all time, has aspergers :D -  and I think that's what the 'magic' is often made out of. You're born different, not made different. That's the difference between the top tier, and the second tier. And that's why being a special person, vs being a special person, use the exact same word in their phrases - they're the same thing, just to different degrees in different traits. 

Matic for example, is special, but a bit further back on the spectrum.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Chelsea step up bid to sign £50m Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko thanks to £200m warchest

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/18/chelsea-step-bid-sign-50m-monaco-midfielder-tiemoue-bakayoko/

In the link it says €50m (£42.7m)

30 minutes ago, the wes said:

In the link it says €50m (£42.7m)

Still way too much. Would he even displace Matic? I don't think he would. For that sort of money we need to be getting a clear upgrade. Unless Conte is switching systems.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Still way too much. Would he even displace Matic? I don't think he would. For that sort of money we need to be getting a clear upgrade. Unless Conte is switching systems.

He's better than Matic already. Yes, he wasn't good versus big teams, but this is his breakout sesason, give the boy a shot.

Not to mention, that the article is either translated badly or something, because from where I read it, it said we are giving Monaco a maximum of 40 mil. Euro.