Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

2 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Is he really that much more promising than Chalobah? I'd rather give Nathaniel a proper chance (he hasn't put a foot wrong all season) as the more physical midfield option and instead invest the money on a new central midfielder in the mould of Modric, Verratti etc.

Matic is the only youth product we have on the team. I was surprised to find that he's had 7 assists this season. Bakayoko will only be for rotation. 

If it's true the club has agreed terms with him I for one think that 90% of the business is done. This is usually what Bayern does - tap players first then close the deal with the very first bid. Hard for clubs to keep hold on of their players once they've been unsettled. Not the fairest of things to do, but it happens in the modern days.

Hope the same goes for Alexis Sanchez too. Heard Arsenal are ready to sell him and Ozil (rumour coming from a solid source - The Times), but would prefer to a foreign club. Maybe if Chelsea could unsettle him too, Arsenal would have no choice other than to sell him to his prefered destination.

57 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Is he really that much more promising than Chalobah? I'd rather give Nathaniel a proper chance (he hasn't put a foot wrong all season) as the more physical midfield option and instead invest the money on a new central midfielder in the mould of Modric, Verratti etc.

You can't argue with the exposure that Bakayoko is getting. I also think that Chalobah is not worse but look how is he overtaken by RLC now. He has no way to get in place of Matic which is key for development of this team. I think if Bakayoko comes with big fee he displaces Matic almost immediately. And we should be okay with Bakayoko and Kante I realised, if we can get at least one attacking wingback and creative right forward. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea? said:

Matic is the only youth product we have on the team. I was surprised to find that he's had 7 assists this season. Bakayoko will only be for rotation. 

Bakayoko will eat Matic alive at least I hope. I also hope that Matic stays as he can be excellent squad option. 

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO he is almost good to go as starter. I always thought we need a ball playing CM, but more I look the games, the more it seems we realy need a Matic improvement. Someone quicker, more agile and with better technique. While its true, Eden needs to get in middle to collect the ball a lot because Matic cant bring the ball further up, it makes sense to get someone who can dictate and spray the balls to our attackers. But at same time, Matic role as defender is crucial. It allows Kante to roam, it gives balance to our defense. A playmaker would ruin all that, so unless you know perfect Matic/Cesc combo player we can buy, then we simply cant afford to have playmaker in middle. Many say we dont realy need height and strenght, and while its true, small players can work, I saw enough of PL to know there is no way we would play two small guys in middle of pitch whole season. Even the likes of Dahoud, he aint small by no mean but seriously anyone believes he would fit next to Kante? Anyway, the solution as long we play with two men in middle is Matic improvement and Bakayoko is everything you need. Perhaps even stronger than Matic, certainly quicker, younger, more dynamic, at least as good defender and miles better dribbler. As long our middfield can get the ball forward (which Kante and Baka could), then we would be just fine if we have two brilliant wingers.

People also forget that football is not fifa. In real life its not easy to change even the side you play nevermind whole formation. Bakayoko always plays on left side to Fabinho, in two man midfield with two wingers and two fullbacks. The exact same position Matic plays here. Fact that he would even have French partner in Kante is probably great too.

Yeah he makes simple passes most of the time, he prefers to dribble past opponents and then pass, rather make risky pass forward. Very raw passer. Sure he can pull great pass here and there, but so can Matic. If you look for Kroos, you will be dissapointed. If you look for Yaya or Vieira, then Bakayoko is the closest thing in years. His passing gets him down sometimes, because he gets the ball and then instead of passing forward, he just makes simple pass to nearest player, but his dribbling and ball control makes him great at pushing the ball forward without killing the tempo.

Its realy all about his role. If he gets free role to roam, his dribbling will be menance for any defense, if he gets the role like in city games when he has to stay deep, his passing will be the most basic.

I would be very happy with him. We need his type AND playmaker anyway, so by getting Baka, we cant lose realy.

Was just typing up a reply but after reading the thread and finding this there's no need. Spot on this. 

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Wait, since when has Balague ever been right about anything?

Surely, if this means anything, it's that we can probably rule out signing Bakayoko since Balague says we're interested...

L'Equipe are reporting it. 

12 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Hard to explain in writing. It's basically Tie-moo. The "e" at the end is mute.

Nope, nearer to tee-mou-ay, the last e with the accent is not mute. it's pronounced ay.

10 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

Wonder why we aren't after Fabiano since everyone seems to think he's the better option. Maybe he's weak defensively?

Because Fabinho has a higher FIFA potential.

I seriously doubt anyone here saying this watches any of Monaco's games.

9 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Because Fabinho has a higher FIFA potential.

I seriously doubt anyone here saying this watches any of Monaco's games.

I watch a lot of Monaco's games. Both are excellent but different. Fabinho is also good defensively (he's a converted right back and he was solid in that position). He is a better passer than Bakayoko but not so much of a dribbler.

I honestly think that either would be good enough to fit into our team and seriously improve it.

In my opinion the main reason we are going for Bakayoko is that his contract is running out, so he's more attainable and it makes more financial sense.

I would be really happy with either, with a slight preference for Bakayoko in terms of the role he will play in breaking up play and carrying the ball out for quick counters etc.

Cant say i've watched too many Monaco games but what i've read/seen he could be a beast next to Kante. Cant help but think given a chance to flourish Chalobah could fit in this exact job. Difference is one has been given the opportunity and the other hasn't 

49 minutes ago, ILoveLamp said:

I watch a lot of Monaco's games. Both are excellent but different. Fabinho is also good defensively (he's a converted right back and he was solid in that position). He is a better passer than Bakayoko but not so much of a dribbler.

I honestly think that either would be good enough to fit into our team and seriously improve it.

In my opinion the main reason we are going for Bakayoko is that his contract is running out, so he's more attainable and it makes more financial sense.

I would be really happy with either, with a slight preference for Bakayoko in terms of the role he will play in breaking up play and carrying the ball out for quick counters etc.

I'll be happy with most Monaco players. They have a great squad for what I've seen. Bakayoko, Fabinho, both fine and great reinforcements for our midfield. 

Very happy with this if it's true and happening. Good that the club is starting it's business early. 

14 minutes ago, gadget said:

Cant say i've watched too many Monaco games but what i've read/seen he could be a beast next to Kante. Cant help but think given a chance to flourish Chalobah could fit in this exact job. Difference is one has been given the opportunity and the other hasn't 

Chalobah has a nice haircut and that's it. Not good enough to become a starter. 

5 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Chalobah has a nice haircut and that's it. Not good enough to become a starter. 

How would you know if he has'nt had a chance. But yeah logic says spend £40m+ when we could have a carbon copy rotting away 

5 minutes ago, gadget said:

How would you know if he has'nt had a chance. But yeah logic says spend £40m+ when we could have a carbon copy rotting away 

Maybe there is a reason he doesn't get a chance? Same as why Michy never plays. They probably don't impress Conte.

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Maybe there is a reason he doesn't get a chance? Same as why Michy never plays. They probably don't impress Conte.

Exactly so.

Like many, I'd be glad to see more minutes for both Nat & Michy but Antonio already sees more of the pair than we do. Who knows, if we saw what he does everyday, we might very well be making the same decisions. Be that as it may, there is no doubt that if the boss felt the pair could help the team, he would pick them. Since he does not pick them, he clearly he does not think that Nat & Michy offer what he wants. Even if anyone has a different view about this, it is still only a matter of opinion and, in the end, someone has to choose. That person has be the manager.

I think its important to remember that we rarely create chances from the middle. The front three, supported by the wing backs, are our offensive unit. 
While Bakayoko and Kante arent exactly Fabregas-level in terms of passing, they dont have to be. Their job is more or less to together with the back three ensure that we win back the ball as often as possible, disrupt play and transfer the ball to an offensive player. Their job is to free up the wing backs asap and allow us to attack more.
To ensure that, we need as much presence in the midfield as possible. Kante is a machine in terms of tackling and intercepting, but we also need someone who can win the air duels, and shield the ball in a more effective way. As much as I love Fabinho, or even Kessie/Keita, Bakayoko is to me the player who today is the closest to fitting the profile of what we need out of the young CM's. He still has several areas to improve in, but those are supporting areas rather than key areas (which in my opinion is physical presence together with the ability to shield the ball). If he with the help of our coaches and Conte improves his decision-making, passing and shooting, then we would have a true elite player. If he doesnt, he still has the tools to do the job we need. 

Its a bit unfortunate that Keita or Kessie havent had another season to assess them properly, as both can turn out to be superior to Bakayoko. I am not convinced regardless that this is a done deal, as we know we were sniffing around Kessie in January. Still, there are several very attractive young CM's available this summer, it would be foolish to not try getting any of them as early as possible. 

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

he would not have sold mikel and oscar, leaving chalobah as backup if he wasn't impressed. Or bring him on v man city with a 1 goal lead