Unionjack

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Anyone seen Grimaldo extensively? i have seen him and Telles on very few occasions, but came away much more impressed with Grimaldo. 

No thanks. He new Alberto Moreno. We don't need him. We should buy Sandro and Ox.

Benjamin Mendy set to join Manchester City from Monaco in record £52m deal

France left-back set for medical ahead of proposed move 
 Mendy set to become most expensive defender in history

I don't particularly see the hype in Mendy. I thought he was good a few months back watching him in CL, but since then playing for France and a couple of other games for Monaco, he seems decent going forward but defensively he lacks. It feels like City are snatching up the players from a team that beat them in the CL and nothing well thought out about these transfers; just throw a lot of money at them and hope they come good in the PL. 

11 minutes ago, It's too big said:

I don't particularly see the hype in Mendy. I thought he was good a few months back watching him in CL, but since then playing for France and a couple of other games for Monaco, he seems decent going forward but defensively he lacks. It feels like City are snatching up the players from a team that beat them in the CL and nothing well thought out about these transfers; just throw a lot of money at them and hope they come good in the PL. 

From what I see with man city's business so far this summer, absolutely going to boss is going forward but defensively there going to be very weak, will have to score at least 4 to win a game. Walker stones kompany mendy, there is only one defender there that can actually take the tittle defender.

So that's the 2 best LB options out of the equation now. Surely we have to be signing someone to compete with Alonso and provide depth. We have a couple of players who can play on the right side in case Moses is out. No one for the left.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So that's the 2 best LB options out of the equation now. Surely we have to be signing someone to compete with Alonso and provide depth. We have a couple of players who can play on the right side in case Moses is out. No one for the left.

We need upgrades on both unfortunately. Moses and Alonso won't cut it.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Its a position of interest all over Europe.

Mendy has been decent last season, no one even knew him before. And Kyle walker isn't great. £100m on these 2 is terrible business.

14 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Over 100m on 2 fullbacks. Man shitty.

I would understand if those were the likes of Lahm, Alves, Roberto Carlos, Ashley Cole and others in their prime...but players who had a couple of good seasons to go for such amounts of money...shocking

8 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Mendy has been decent last season, no one even knew him before. And Kyle walker isn't great. £100m on these 2 is terrible business.

I don't agree. I would take Mendy at Chelsea right now. Walker gets that fee because he's homegrown

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Well there is Kenedy even though we do need better quality there.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You