test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-0 Man United

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   40 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Courtois
      0
    • Moses
      2
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Luiz
      0
    • Cahill
      0
    • Alonso
      0
    • Kante
      20
    • Matic
      0
    • Willian
      0
    • Hazard
      16
    • Costa
      0
    • Fabregas (sub)
      0
    • Zouma (sub)
      0
    • Batshuayi (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

421 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

A journalist is asking Conte why he is so reluctant to join the mind games with Mourinho. Seriously? Good lord.

It's not mind games, Hes just pissed off cause we are doing such a good job this year. 

BoyBlue96 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I actually disagree. I would rather play against Ibra because I know we can contain him. Martial/Rashford however is another story. Martial's ability and Rashford's pace could be more of a problem.

Ibra is the only one that can pull the goal out of nowhere and united is relying on his service in games too much. So many games they looked clueless but Ibra did his magic.

Also, our biggest problem this season are headed goals. And Ibra is surely brilliant in that aspect so its very good for us.

But sure Martial and Rash are not to be understimated. We will need to be very good to stop whoever they bring upfront.

We just need to control the game and since we play at home, we take that advantage. 

I wonder what lineup will Conte pick tho. It would be nice to play one or two of Zouma, Ake, Chalobah, Bats but maybe Conte will go for safe option and field strongest 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Ibra is the only one that can pull the goal out of nowhere and united is relying on his service in games too much. So many games they looked clueless but Ibra did his magic.

Also, our biggest problem this season are headed goals. And Ibra is surely brilliant in that aspect so its very good for us.

But sure Martial and Rash are not to be understimated. We will need to be very good to stop whoever they bring upfront.

We just need to control the game and since we play at home, we take that advantage. 

I wonder what lineup will Conte pick tho. It would be nice to play one or two of Zouma, Ake, Chalobah, Bats but maybe Conte will go for safe option and field strongest 11.

Ibra is an enigma. Guy makes a team so dependant on him, that its almost bad. 

His positioning and off the ball is still world class. He gets himself into many, many great positions but isn't clinical enough. I think he has a conversion rate of like 13% at the moment which is really bad. If he scores more of the chances he's missed United could've been even been 2nd right now. 

I think I'd rather play vs. Ibra tbh, I have more faith in our defenders handling him than handling Martial or Rashford. Not to discredit Zlatan who is of course a threat, I just feel like our back 3 struggles more against pace/trickery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea would set a new club record by beating Manchester United in FA Cup.But beyond all that sideshow, there’s a fun little fact mentioned in Chelsea’s preview as well. If Chelsea beat Manchester United on Monday, we will have set a new record for most consecutive home wins in all competitions with 13. The current record is 12, achieved three times now, all in the last ten years. FFs ass slappin lets make it happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the wes said:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/mourinho-takes-another-swipe-defensive-chelsea

Mourinho at it again calling us a defensive team 

Yeah ,whose United have scored 39 top-flight goals this season compared to Chelsea's 57  

year by year he is becoming a little bitch and less and less likeable, hope we win this game win the cup win the league and kick on next season with the boards backing Conte to give him what he wants and hopefully take us to the next level!

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah ,whose United have scored 39 top-flight goals this season compared to Chelsea's 57  

year by year he is becoming a little bitch and less and less likeable, hope we win this game win the cup win the league and kick on next season with the boards backing Conte to give him what he wants and hopefully take us to the next level!

He was always unlikable. The only difference is he's no longer our unlikable prick. 

Chelsea? and the wes like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

He was always unlikable. The only difference is he's no longer our unlikable prick. 

Can't have that , when he came to England he was brilliant for the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccg said:

Can't have that , when he came to England he was brilliant for the league

He was, but a lot of people hated him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kmk108 said:

He was always unlikable. The only difference is he's no longer our unlikable prick. 

When he was doing his mind games and smoke n mirrors I thought they worked. I bought into it all the way and figured he was doing whatever it took for us to succeed. But as the Mou MKII spell went on I began seeing him in a different light and realized that I had seen these tricks he was doing a few times already and they wasn't working now. It was quite sad for me watching it carry on as I had alot of time for the guy when he first came to us - and also on his return.

Now I dont know if he left all his normal shit and games out of his gameplan and just settled for being straight, if he would become a truely great manager. It seems that Mounure are getting it together a bit more right now but with their store room of players and money they spend they really should be knocking everyone apart. IMHO anyways.

So there must be something to be said for a gelled,unified team all working together. We have had it now under a few managers for varying lengths of time. Lets hope we are at the start of a long run.

mccg and kmk108 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

When he was doing his mind games and smoke n mirrors I thought they worked. I bought into it all the way and figured he was doing whatever it took for us to succeed. But as the Mou MKII spell went on I began seeing him in a different light and realized that I had seen these tricks he was doing a few times already and they wasn't working now. It was quite sad for me watching it carry on as I had alot of time for the guy when he first came to us - and also on his return.

Now I dont know if he left all his normal shit and games out of his gameplan and just settled for being straight, if he would become a truely great manager. It seems that Mounure are getting it together a bit more right now but with their store room of players and money they spend they really should be knocking everyone apart. IMHO anyways.

So there must be something to be said for a gelled,unified team all working together. We have had it now under a few managers for varying lengths of time. Lets hope we are at the start of a long run.

It's easy to say this looking back, but Mourinho was about as perfect of a hire as Roman could have made at the time. He fit perfectly with the attitude of what was going on at the time, a young manager to usher in a new generation at the club, a generation that nobody liked and we didn't care :D. Mourinho was the managerial middle finger to the rest of the world and we couldn't have been happier. Nothing is perfect, but Mourinho was close. After all the years away from England, I couldn't have been happier to have him back at the club, but it felt like the siege mentality didn't have the same effect it did the first time around. But it's hard to complain when you win a league title. Last season, it just got annoying hearing excuses after every disappointing match without change. It was last year that really soured me on the "mind games/comments" Mourinho throws around. And it looks like the team got tired of it as well. It worked for the Chelsea with the old guard, but this team is very different.

With United, who knows. It could have just taken a season for them to work things out. But while they haven't lost in a while, they haven't won enough to make a good run of it. They could be very dangerous next season. We just have to hope that we get the league this season and keep working to get stronger and have more depth for next season. I have more faith in Conte than I have in a manager in years. The board took good steps last summer with Kante, Alonso and Luiz. Let's hope they continue that with reinforcements.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kmk108 said:

He was, but a lot of people hated him. 

But more people liked him even opposing fans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why but I am scared about this game. I want us to really win this game.

Hope Diego is up for it, and isn't anything like he was against Spurs ( that match scares me every time we face big team)

Tautvix likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccg said:

But more people liked him even opposing fans 

Interesting. I got the opposite feeling. Opposing fans respected him as a manager but they hated his personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Interesting. I got the opposite feeling. Opposing fans respected him as a manager but they hated his personality.

Mmm most fans if you asked thought he was good for the premiership regardless of his personality. But alot now would say the opposite, and thats not even opposing fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Utd supporters have short memories , lol yeah alot of so called supporters have short memories but yeah fcuk all them . It’s official, most Manchester United fans are from the South

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pizy said:

He just can't take it, can he? :D

A "defensive" team who have scored just 1 fewer goal than the most balls-to-the-wall attacking side in Europe in Liverpool. Makes sense, José.

We aren't exactly an offensive team though are we? We score lots because we are ridiculously clinical compared to other teams. We don't actually create that many clear chances. I mean, Jose shouldn't really be talking like this obviously, but there is a slight grain of truth in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Jose is trying to do is very simple. His comments are designed to get us to maybe come out maybe more offensively so that his team has more spaces to play the ball into on the counter (Martial, Rashford, Mkhi). Conte isn't stupid however, and we have nothing to prove. We beat them 4-0 earlier this season.

Stats and Beepu like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.