• Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do very good at taking the piss quietly!

Chelsea v Manchester United - talking points

It’s successive Monday night action for the Blues coming up. Club historian Rick Glanvill and club statistician Paul Dutton begin the build-up to our cup-tie hosting date with the Red Devils

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/03/pmb--chelsea-v-manchester-united--part-one.html

I would keep an eye out for martial in ibra's absence, He's a pretty tricky player that could cause some issues. specially so as he's shined when ibra has been absent in game from what i seen

Also this might be my first match back here C: i hope i can join ya guys for when it happens

10 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

A journalist is asking Conte why he is so reluctant to join the mind games with Mourinho. Seriously? Good lord.

It's not mind games, Hes just pissed off cause we are doing such a good job this year. 

22 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I actually disagree. I would rather play against Ibra because I know we can contain him. Martial/Rashford however is another story. Martial's ability and Rashford's pace could be more of a problem.

Ibra is the only one that can pull the goal out of nowhere and united is relying on his service in games too much. So many games they looked clueless but Ibra did his magic.

Also, our biggest problem this season are headed goals. And Ibra is surely brilliant in that aspect so its very good for us.

But sure Martial and Rash are not to be understimated. We will need to be very good to stop whoever they bring upfront.

We just need to control the game and since we play at home, we take that advantage. 

I wonder what lineup will Conte pick tho. It would be nice to play one or two of Zouma, Ake, Chalobah, Bats but maybe Conte will go for safe option and field strongest 11.

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Ibra is the only one that can pull the goal out of nowhere and united is relying on his service in games too much. So many games they looked clueless but Ibra did his magic.

Also, our biggest problem this season are headed goals. And Ibra is surely brilliant in that aspect so its very good for us.

But sure Martial and Rash are not to be understimated. We will need to be very good to stop whoever they bring upfront.

We just need to control the game and since we play at home, we take that advantage. 

I wonder what lineup will Conte pick tho. It would be nice to play one or two of Zouma, Ake, Chalobah, Bats but maybe Conte will go for safe option and field strongest 11.

Ibra is an enigma. Guy makes a team so dependant on him, that its almost bad. 

His positioning and off the ball is still world class. He gets himself into many, many great positions but isn't clinical enough. I think he has a conversion rate of like 13% at the moment which is really bad. If he scores more of the chances he's missed United could've been even been 2nd right now. 

I think I'd rather play vs. Ibra tbh, I have more faith in our defenders handling him than handling Martial or Rashford. Not to discredit Zlatan who is of course a threat, I just feel like our back 3 struggles more against pace/trickery.

Chelsea would set a new club record by beating Manchester United in FA Cup.But beyond all that sideshow, there’s a fun little fact mentioned in Chelsea’s preview as well. If Chelsea beat Manchester United on Monday, we will have set a new record for most consecutive home wins in all competitions with 13. The current record is 12, achieved three times now, all in the last ten years. FFs ass slappin lets make it happen!

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/mourinho-takes-another-swipe-defensive-chelsea

Mourinho at it again calling us a defensive team 

He just can't take it, can he? :D

A "defensive" team who have scored just 1 fewer goal than the most balls-to-the-wall attacking side in Europe in Liverpool. Makes sense, José.

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/mourinho-takes-another-swipe-defensive-chelsea

Mourinho at it again calling us a defensive team 

Yeah ,whose United have scored 39 top-flight goals this season compared to Chelsea's 57  

year by year he is becoming a little bitch and less and less likeable, hope we win this game win the cup win the league and kick on next season with the boards backing Conte to give him what he wants and hopefully take us to the next level!

30 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah ,whose United have scored 39 top-flight goals this season compared to Chelsea's 57  

year by year he is becoming a little bitch and less and less likeable, hope we win this game win the cup win the league and kick on next season with the boards backing Conte to give him what he wants and hopefully take us to the next level!

He was always unlikable. The only difference is he's no longer our unlikable prick. 

52 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

He was always unlikable. The only difference is he's no longer our unlikable prick. 

Can't have that , when he came to England he was brilliant for the league

2 hours ago, kmk108 said:

When he was doing his mind games and smoke n mirrors I thought they worked. I bought into it all the way and figured he was doing whatever it took for us to succeed. But as the Mou MKII spell went on I began seeing him in a different light and realized that I had seen these tricks he was doing a few times already and they wasn't working now. It was quite sad for me watching it carry on as I had alot of time for the guy when he first came to us - and also on his return.

Now I dont know if he left all his normal shit and games out of his gameplan and just settled for being straight, if he would become a truely great manager. It seems that Mounure are getting it together a bit more right now but with their store room of players and money they spend they really should be knocking everyone apart. IMHO anyways.

So there must be something to be said for a gelled,unified team all working together. We have had it now under a few managers for varying lengths of time. Lets hope we are at the start of a long run.

16 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

When he was doing his mind games and smoke n mirrors I thought they worked. I bought into it all the way and figured he was doing whatever it took for us to succeed. But as the Mou MKII spell went on I began seeing him in a different light and realized that I had seen these tricks he was doing a few times already and they wasn't working now. It was quite sad for me watching it carry on as I had alot of time for the guy when he first came to us - and also on his return.

Now I dont know if he left all his normal shit and games out of his gameplan and just settled for being straight, if he would become a truely great manager. It seems that Mounure are getting it together a bit more right now but with their store room of players and money they spend they really should be knocking everyone apart. IMHO anyways.

So there must be something to be said for a gelled,unified team all working together. We have had it now under a few managers for varying lengths of time. Lets hope we are at the start of a long run.

It's easy to say this looking back, but Mourinho was about as perfect of a hire as Roman could have made at the time. He fit perfectly with the attitude of what was going on at the time, a young manager to usher in a new generation at the club, a generation that nobody liked and we didn't care :D. Mourinho was the managerial middle finger to the rest of the world and we couldn't have been happier. Nothing is perfect, but Mourinho was close. After all the years away from England, I couldn't have been happier to have him back at the club, but it felt like the siege mentality didn't have the same effect it did the first time around. But it's hard to complain when you win a league title. Last season, it just got annoying hearing excuses after every disappointing match without change. It was last year that really soured me on the "mind games/comments" Mourinho throws around. And it looks like the team got tired of it as well. It worked for the Chelsea with the old guard, but this team is very different.

With United, who knows. It could have just taken a season for them to work things out. But while they haven't lost in a while, they haven't won enough to make a good run of it. They could be very dangerous next season. We just have to hope that we get the league this season and keep working to get stronger and have more depth for next season. I have more faith in Conte than I have in a manager in years. The board took good steps last summer with Kante, Alonso and Luiz. Let's hope they continue that with reinforcements.