test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea v West Brom

Started by Jason,

197 posts in this topic

Well IF we do change from the 3-4-3 at any time we are going to need to use other formations. I just think this time after Shitty SHOULD be our easiest time at least on paper.

AND for a start Ithink its time Cahill was benched cause hes becoming a liability specially on same side of pitch as Alonso

And I reckon the lineup would work well. Ceccy behind those 2 would get all the time in the world feeding those three.

Well, Liverpool blew a late two goal lead at Bournemouth to lose 4-3. Keeps them four points back, so our win over City pushes both City and Liverpool 4 points behind us with Arsenal 3 points back in second. Another nice weekend! :D

Need to keep up the momentum in this one vs WBA. Anyone got an injury update on Matic, Pedro or Costa? Costa looked like hamstring issues on the pitch, but not sure.

I thought Fabregas played ok yesterday and if Matic is out again would not have an issue with Cesc back in the XI vs WBA. We know Cesc can be a defensive liability, but did not think he hurt us yesterday. We covered for him. He had a superb pass to Costa for the first Chelsea goal.

Willian looked really off his game for the most part. He warmed to the task and had a great run and finish for goal number two. I would still favor a healthy Pedro here.

Keeping with the injury theme, is Zouma ready to return? This might be one for him to see some late action.

Come on you Chelsea!!

mannyfreshh and Supermonkey92 like this

One more random thought to wrap up this weekend.

I love this team! From the coach, tactics, attacking prowess, the heart and determination of the players, on and on. 

We just won the PL title 19 months ago, but this team is reminiscent of the first half of that title year and MORE.

Yeah, we still need upgrades, like LB, but everyone is laying it on the line each week. Need some good signings the next two windows to compete in CL, but this team is fun. It has been a long time since the team has played consistently for weeks so well.

Love these guys!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Fulham Broadway likes this

West Brom is not an easy game. There are no easy games in the PL. Always play 110% against opponents, even if it's at Stamford Bridge. We have a 4 point gap, let's maintain (or better, increase) it.

Laylabelle and OneMoSalah like this

1 hour ago, Mana said:

West Brom is not an easy game. There are no easy games in the PL. Always play 110% against opponents, even if it's at Stamford Bridge. We have a 4 point gap, let's maintain (or better, increase) it.

Yeah agree can't go into the game with the already won/be easy attitude which don't think they will whereas in the past hasn't seemed that way. should be simple but they do have a habit of being annoying at times. beat the on paper harder sides then drop against the less looking ones.

Hopefully can make it 12 though :-D 

As we see with the results across the league every week there is no "easy" week. However I have found that with Conte leading the squad I am far less nervous against lesser opponents. He keeps the players too focused to let up. Anything less than a W will be massively disappointing. I think a 2-0 or 3-0 will be the result. He wont allow a big game hangover and being at home in front of a charged up crowd will help.  

16 minutes ago, magic weeds said:

Do we really have a replacement for MOSES? He will be off to African Cup of Nations in January. 

A long forgotten joke. He wont go to AFCON because Nigeria didn't qualify.

3 minutes ago, Roquila said:

A long forgotten joke. He wont go to AFCON because Nigeria didn't qualify.

Thanks for clarifying this. Big surprise NIgeria didnt qualify. Sorry for OT.

IF and a big IF, Conte wants to change formation it can only be to be more attacking against a team he feels will just defend then its has to change to 4-2-4, with Michy/Willian in for Moses/Cahill

The opponent is strong. Their defense proven to be hard to break this season. They have good run of form, so that team should not be underestimated, or our men will face bitter end. Their attack is efficient. One mistake and we will get punished for. But most of all, their coach will do everything in his power to silence the Stamford Bridge. To stop our winning run. To prove a point.

I present you the Pulis test. 

Yes, yes another big, nasty, test against coach some say its destined to cause us trouble. 

But beware, under Conte we gathered strong army that does underestimate no enemy. We will throw everything at them. We will show WBA the blue hell at SB. Mr. Pulis, we will give you a test bigger than your forehead.

Who will come on top? Pulis with a clever trick, or will Conte come on top with elegant, but fighting spirit? 

Find out next week in yet another test of Chelsea season. 

Seriously, next few weeks when we will face many teams, when we will have less time to rest, when players will play against smaller, but sneaky teams, when players will start thinking about what Santa will bring them for Christmas, it will be our biggest test of the season so far.

Come on, lets test ourselves with another test that will test all our abilities that no other test so far could test. 

And let us be victorious after all these tests, so that the tests will no longer be tests for us, but for our opponents. 

Roquila and guddy6969 like this