Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

4 hours ago, Mana said:

Moses escapes criticism? In TC? You're joking, right?

Just look at his thread it is always quiet and the fact that this only 50 posts were written in there is a testament to that.

Anway, I hope Emerson can put in a good performance tonight, we need good competition at the WB positions. 

2 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Just look at his thread it is always quiet and the fact that this only 50 posts were written in there is a testament to that.

Anway, I hope Emerson can put in a good performance tonight, we need good competition at the WB positions. 

Its always quiet because most fans choose to trash him every time he plays in the match thread.....even when he isnt the worst guy on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Its always quiet because most fans choose to trash him every time he plays in the match thread.....even when he isnt the worst guy on the pitch.

That most probably has something to do with his awful decision making. Guys like Bakayoko, Cahill or even Pedro get much more slated. 

7 minutes ago, Beigl said:

That most probably has something to do with his awful decision making. Guys like Bakayoko, Cahill or even Pedro get much more slated. 

Cahill's thread is nearly as empty as Moses to be honest.

Most threads these days are empty because the traffic is down massively on the site due to places like reddit killing traditional online forums.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Idiots everywhere...

Haha b2b would prob be the least fitting position for Alonso given his lack of pace.

left midfielder or left DLP however would be almost indistinguishable from lwb. Many players in the past made the switch from wing to middle as they lost pace.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Is it wrong that I'm actually glad he's banned for 3 matches? Not 1, but 3... meaning Emerson can get a run of games finally, and what he showed was better than what Alonso has been showing in 2018.

Dont be surprised Conte plays zappacosta has LWB against Southampton ffs 🙁🙁 

• 2 weeks later...

I dont have an issue with Rudiger at LCB but I seen a rumour linking Barca with Alonso and they think he can be tried in the CB position. In a back 3 to be perfectly honest I think he'd be worth a shot there. Although I can't see him being played there too often if Conte goes in the summer.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont have an issue with Rudiger at LCB but I seen a rumour linking Barca with Alonso and they think he can be tried in the CB position. In a back 3 to be perfectly honest I think he'd be worth a shot there. Although I can't see him being played there too often if Conte goes in the summer.

Alonso at CB? Really? He is so slow and turns like a tank. Any striker with the tiniest of pace would be able to get the better of him. 

Just now, Belgiannutt said:

I know but the italian league isn't the same as the PL. Pace is a lot more important here. 

I don’t think there is such a big difference anymore. I never saw him playing LCB, I dont know if he sucked or he was the next Beckenbauer, I just know he did play as an LCB. But he is tall, good header, good with the ball and he can still take free kicks, so maybe it’d worth a try. Cahill had been a great LCB for us so I don’t see why not.

9 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I don’t think there is such a big difference anymore. I never saw him playing LCB, I dont know if he sucked or he was the next Beckenbauer, I just know he did play as an LCB. But he is tall, good header, good with the ball and he can still take free kicks, so maybe it’d worth a try. Cahill had been a great LCB for us so I don’t see why not.

How is it not a big difference? Haven't we all been complaining about Alonso's lack of pace at LWB? Yes, he has those characteristics you mentioned but pace is also important. Having quick defenders can allow to play higher up the pitch if needed. Wouldn't want to end up in a scenario where the opposition will just constantly target Alonso by having quick players up against him or get caught out because opposition just play the long ball over him for players to run into.

7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

It's not about the level of the competitions but the tempo of it. The PL is played at a much faster tempo.

He has no pace whatsoever. When our wingbacks push up the outside cb's have to deal with the wide threats with little to no back up. Can you imagine Alonso going up against a pacey striker or winger 1 on 1. He'd be massacred.

Also have you noticed how many times Rudiger/ Cahill /Azpi are running after through balls and long balls into the corners. You simply need pace to play as an outside cb in a back three. You don't need to be lightning fast but you need to have some.

Cahill atleast has some pace although calling him a great LCB is pushing it quite a bit. Cahill's been average to good for us sprinkled with some "jesus what the fuck are you doing " moments.