Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

Yeah I was afraid they would strike a deal involving players swap. Lovely... I was actually looking forward to having Higuain up front. Morata cannot be our main man, he just cannot.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Yeah I was afraid they would strike a deal involving players swap. Lovely... I was actually looking forward to having Higuain up front. Morata cannot be our main man, he just cannot.

I could see Pedro playing as a striker if Morata stinks it up. 

3 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

I am not sure why we are pursuing a player who I believe is past his prime... especially at that price tag.

I would like to see us go for someone who is young, has promise and can turn into something devastating for the opponents.

Pietro Pellegri

just turned 17 four months ago, scored 3 goals in first 6 Serie A games as a 16 YO, Monaco bought him for £17m in January

Date of Birth:    Mar 17, 2001
Place of Birth:    Genova  Italy
Height:    1,88 m
Nationality:    Italy  Italy
Position:    Forward - Centre-Forward
Foot:    right

11 goals, 14 assists in all games last year

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/28/monaco-pietro-pellegri-genoa-teenager

fa-pellegri-20170919.jpgimg-pietro-pellegri-bat-le-record-de-mba

Pietro Pellegri
just turned 17 four months ago, scored 3 goals in first 6 Serie A games as a 16 YO, Monaco bought him for £17m in January

Date of Birth:    Mar 17, 2001
Place of Birth:    Genova  Italy
Height:    1,88 m
Nationality:    Italy  Italy
Position:    Forward - Centre-Forward
Foot:    right
11 goals, 14 assists in all games last year
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/28/monaco-pietro-pellegri-genoa-teenager
fa-pellegri-20170919.jpgimg-pietro-pellegri-bat-le-record-de-mbappe-en-ligue-1-1518862679_x600_articles-452751.jpg
Problem is we will never go for such young even if we did they will never be on the starting 11... Meaningless loan spells and they will be deemed bad investment and sold off again to some division club. Eventually ruining his career.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

This has all the hallmarks of a typical deal between Italian clubs. Loans with obligation to buy and players going otherway.

I definitely think he ends up at Milan on loan and bought next year.  Simply because Juventus seem determined to get Bonucci back.

Gonzalo Higuain blow for Chelsea as Juventus striker 'agrees deal with AC Milan'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gonzalo-higuain-blow-chelsea-juventus-13006849

The man new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri wants to spearhead his attack has 'agreed a deal to join AC Milan.'

Chelsea will have to act quickly if they want to sign Gonzalo Higuain after a season long loan to the San Siro was rubber stamped, according to reports.

The Argentinian striker has been the subject of much transfer speculation this summer, with reports that he could link up with Sarri again after working together at Napoli.

According to respected Italian source Gianluca di Marzio , Juventus have struck a deal with rivals AC Milan over the transfer of the 30-year-old.

Milan are reported to have offered a €20million loan fee, with another €35million for a permanent move next summer.

snip

Higuain, meeting with Juventus concluded and talks scheduled with Milan: the latest on striker's future

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/higuain-meeting-with-juventus-concluded-and-talks-scheduled-with-milan-the-latest-on-strikers-future

Gonzalo Higuain could depart Juventus before the transfer window closes, there is concrete interest from Milan in the striker, and his current club wish to sell the Argentine. In a two hour meeting with Nicolas Higuain (brother-agent to Gonzalo), Juventus presented the situation. The offer from Milan, the club with the clearest intention to make a deal at this moment, is a loan with €20 million fee, plus a €35m purchase option.

The offer was not wholly satisfying to the Higuain side, but next, Nicolas will meet with Leonardo in the next few hours. The Milan director will try to convince him of the move, while explaining that the formula of the deal (loan with purchase option) is necessary to balance the books and that Higuain will remain a cornerstone for the Milan project into the future.

This matter is clear between the sides, but it will now be up to Milan's directors to present an offer of wages that will satisfy Higuain's requests. The upcoming meeting between Nicolas Higuain and Leonardo, therefore will be decisive for the player's future.

17 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Some young bloods on social networks have said he’s fat. I’m telling you kids he’s ready to deliver like +30 goals this season.

DAMN he has lost a shit tonne of weight, looks so so much better

This is NOT going to make Higuain fans here happy. Nor Caldara (Juve were offended at Granny trying to lowball them for Caldara at £10m less than she offered for Rugani, btw, she is such a knob:middlefinger:) fans, nor Rugani fans. Morata lovers will be over the moon. I also think this pretty much scuppers all hope of getting Martial. Willian may still be sold, but Martial is not like Bailey, he cannot play RW well. I also do not think Bailey is going down unless we sell Willian SOON, AND, to stick the knife in worse, the other great RWer who is available, Suso, is on verge of going to Roma from AC Milan, who need cash for the Higuain deal.

Why Chelsea elected to pull the plug on the Daniele Rugani deal

https://www.givemesport.com/1363787-why-chelsea-elected-to-pull-the-plug-on-the-daniele-rugani-deal?autoplay=off

snip

Chelsea have also been trying to sign Daniele Rugani from Juventus.

The 24-year-old Italian centre-back played under Sarri for two years during his successful loan spell at Empoli.

However, a deal has failed to materialise and Chelsea have been forced to look at other options.

The Times reports that their attempt to sign Rugani failed because Juventus wanted Chelsea to sign Gonzalo Higuain as part of the deal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-want-to-make-ngolo-kante-290k-top-earner-xzsp2l7wq

The 30-year-old Argentine striker has been one of the most lethal hitmen in Serie A, scoring 111 goals in 177 appearances for Napoli and Juventus.

Despite Alvaro Morata's struggles last season, Chelsea had doubts about Higuain and therefore elected not to continue their pursuit of Rugani, as per The Times.

Juventus are looking to offload last season's top scorer following the €100m arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

You would imagine that Chelsea fans would have been keen to see Higuain playing regularly at Stamford Bridge this season.

But it appears the Chelsea board did not agree.

"I'm still waiting for the best Morata," Sarri said to reporters following a question regarding Higuain after Chelsea beat Inter 5-4 on penalties, as per Goal.

"In the first match Morata did not play very well, in Australia [in a 1-0 defeat of Perth Glory]. But tonight, especially in the first 30 minutes, he improved a lot.

"I am satisfied and I am very confident in him for the future."

Following a strong start to his career in west London, Morata lost his confidence in front of goal.

He only managed one Premier League goal in 2018 and consequently missed out on Spain's 23-man World Cup squad.

Have Chelsea made a big mistake by passing on Higuain?

this is all over Italian television (which I was streaming and my wife was translating for me)

it looks like Higuain to AC Milan

along with a swap of Bonucci for Caldara is about to go down

Juventus-Milan, getting closer to the Bonucci-Caldara-Higuain affair

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/serie-a/juve/2018/07/30-45893108/juventus-milan_sempre_pi_vicino_laffare_bonucci-caldara-higuain/

TURIN - The negotiation between Juventus and Milan has reached the final straight. Today the Juventus club has clarified to Gonzalo Higuain  the intention to sell it and in the evening the match between the brother / agent Nicolas and Leonardo seems to have created the conditions for a landing in the Rossoneri. The formula is the onerous loan with a figure of around 20 million to be paid immediately plus another 35 to redemption. The only question mark is on the engagement of the Pipita but the parts do not seem distant. The deal between the two companies is broader and includes the exchange between Leonardo Bonucci and Mattia Caldara : in this case the two companies would have already outlined a meeting point because the evaluations are similar.