test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MefiX19

The Hiddink Thread

Started by MefiX19,

1,075 posts in this topic

Just a small point and has nothing to do with the fact that I quite like Guus, but I've seen people suggest that Jose failed to adapt and that football simply passed him by. My question is, could the same have happened to Guus.

He came in and did well with us in 2009, although we were a great side then. We were almost CL winners just 12 months before under Avram Grant. We aren't that now.

Since then he was sacked by Turkey, sacked by Holland (both for failing to qualify for tournaments) and had a half-decent spell with Anzhi. In that same time Jose has won 4 leagues, 4 cups, 1 Champions League and been named FIFA Coach of the Year.

Is there a possibility that Hiddink is simply past it? It seems as though the only thing he's done of note in the last decade is take over the beaten Champions League finalists featuring players like Terry, Drogba, Cech, Lampard, Cole and Ballack and get them playing well. Two years later the same core would win a CL with Di Matteo at the helm. This situation seems a lot different to me.

Fernando and CurlyHairLikeLuiz like this

Just a small point and has nothing to do with the fact that I quite like Guus, but I've seen people suggest that Jose failed to adapt and that football simply passed him by. My question is, could the same have happened to Guus.

He came in and did well with us in 2009, although we were a great side then. We were almost CL winners just 12 months before under Avram Grant. We aren't that now.

Since then he was sacked by Turkey, sacked by Holland (both for failing to qualify for tournaments) and had a half-decent spell with Anzhi. In that same time Jose has won 4 leagues, 4 cups, 1 Champions League and been named FIFA Coach of the Year.

Is there a possibility that Hiddink is simply past it? It seems as though the only thing he's done of note in the last decade is take over the beaten Champions League finalists featuring players like Terry, Drogba, Cech, Lampard, Cole and Ballack and get them playing well. Two years later the same core would win a CL with Di Matteo at the helm. This situation seems a lot different to me.

Because people think they know better than the coach.

Ossie the King likes this

I'm surely He'll need good support from the board in this market

Idk if he should have control though.

Iirc, the last time he 'signed' a player for us it happen to be one Yuri Zhirkov. Aside from that blinder vs Spartak(?).. He pretty much did eff all? Made a good emergency left-back mind you.

Idk if he should have control though.

Iirc, the last time he 'signed' a player for us it happen to be one Yuri Zhirkov. Aside from that blinder vs Spartak(?).. He pretty much did eff all? Made a good emergency left-back mind you.

He never really got the chance too impress, first season Malouda and Cole were in the form of their lives and second season we were such a mess.

Wouldn't have minded him staying on under AVB but we got a good offer for him all things considered.

One interesting thing that happens here often is that our very expensive coaching staff is completely ignored when we discuss team and lineups, which is silly especially now with a new manager and a temp one at that.

This team was the coaching staffs not his. And he will be listening to them again and again so I do t expect drastic changes.

He never really got the chance too impress, first season Malouda and Cole were in the form of their lives and second season we were such a mess.

Wouldn't have minded him staying on under AVB but we got a good offer for him all things considered.

Fair enough, my assessment of him wasn't that great imo I guess. Slightly unnecessary and the deal was done before we'd even secured a new manager.. It was Hiddink's parting gift so to speak.

But either way, don't think he should have much say in transfers considering how long he's going to stick around for.

Tomo likes this

I thought it was nice to have TOPTB back in the forums for the first few days, but now I am getting tired of it already lol

There was a reason he got banned I guess :D

Rmpr likes this

I thought it was nice to have TOPTB back in the forums for the first few days, but now I am getting tired of it already lol

He's back now? I swear he joined TheShedEnd and was slagging off this forum a few months back lol...

Reddish-Blue likes this

I don't care what he does in Europe, but in the league at least I hope he eventually starts games with 2 strikers in the lineup. Our number 10s are too slow in decision making to make any useful contribution to our attack

Hiddink doesn't leave everywhere he manages in turmoil and hasn't turned a championship winning team to one hovering above the relegation zone in the space of five months. He also won't get rid of his flair players or try and turn them into James Milner.

11Drogba and Muzchap like this

For the umpteenth time, I'm not not have I ever been another poster. Not sure what more I can do to prove it and not sure how the rumour even started. Getting boring now though.

Muzchap and Barbara like this

Hiddink doesn't leave everywhere he manages in turmoil and hasn't turned a championship winning team to one hovering above the relegation zone in the space of five months. He also won't get rid of his flair players or try and turn them into James Milner.

The team José left the first time around had a core of players, a steeliness, that I think contributed massively to all the success that followed for the next 5 years or so.

Some might also credit José with helping to create that championship winning team in the first place. Then last summer happened and the squad was arguably weakened.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not not have I ever been another poster. Not sure what more I can do to prove it and not sure how the rumour even started. Getting boring now though.

There is a simple test you know :halo:

Do you, by any chance, believe that Nathanial Chalobah should have been included in England's World Cup 2014 squad? :Goober:

There is a simple test you know :halo:

Do you, by any chance, believe that Nathanial Chalobah should have been included in England's World Cup 2014 squad? :Goober:

What? No I don't although he might be useful to have around now. Had a lot of potential that lad, still does. But the Euros no lol.

CHOULO19 and Muzchap like this

Ahhh go on your Blue Daze ahhh go on.

mrsDoyle-1a0icdh.jpg

The Mak likes this

He's back now? I swear he joined TheShedEnd and was slagging off this forum a few months back lol...

Whether it's him or not, I just had a good laugh reading some posts TSE slagging off TC :lol: - I even see Sloth joined them xD

The Mak and James like this