Tottenham v Chelsea

Jase

Jose says he doesn't expect do business in January window.

Like he says everytime a transfer window is coming up. :P

I'm actually more calm about this game than vs some of the lesser teams we've played and struggled against so far. I think it will be similar to the Arsenal one, hopefully without all the controversy though.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a good feeling about this one weirdly.

For all Tottenhams athleticism they don't have much in the way of creativity, if (and i accept that's a big if) we can defend well, we might not find it as hard to stop them scoring as we think.

Also hopefully if we win we can kick on and have a decent run because all this relegation talk (even in jest) is getting incredibly tedious.

Here's something interesting - recent history suggests that we get a better result at Spurs when in bad form (results + performances) rather than good.

1n7fWcW.png

Here's something interesting - recent history suggests that we get a better result at Spurs when in bad form (results + performances) rather than good.

1n7fWcW.png

Would be hilarious if we beat them, considering we've only beaten them at their place once since 2006 with far better teams in far better form than we have now.

Would be hilarious if we beat them, considering we've only beaten them at their place once since 2006 with far better teams in far better form than we have now.

Yeah. Our record there in recent years has been pretty poor. 1 win in last 9 league visits to the Lane (D4 L4). We didn't lose a single match in the first 14 trips (W9 D5) in the Premier League era.

Wouldn't mind seeing Costa start if (and only if) he starts as 1 of 2 strikers. I just don't think he's got enough of a killer instinct to be playing up top by himself as he just drifts fucking anywhere but where he needs to be when the ball comes in. If he's playing up top with Remy/Falcao/Bamford who are literally told to be in the box at all times and poach it wouldn't matter so much if he was sometimes drifting away from the box to the wings or deep. And with the way Fabregas and Oscar are playing ATM i'm not sure we need to be playing a CAM.

Something like this would be interesting and throw Pochettino off his game:

------------------Begovic-------------------

---Azpi----Cahill*----Zouma----Baba--- *Possibly JT if he is fit

----------Matic------Fabregas**---------- **Ramires for sure if he is fit, maybe even RLC

-Willian----------------------------Hazard- ***Falcao is Remy's wife decides to be selfish and have a baby before/during a football match

------------Costa-------Remy***----------

Yeah. Our record there in recent years has been pretty poor. 1 win in last 9 league visits to the Lane (D4 L4). We didn't lose a single match in the first 14 trips (W9 D5) in the Premier League era.

That's horrific tbh. Christ knows why I've called it 3 point lane in the last few years, looks like it has been anything but!

Got a good feeling about this one weirdly.

For all Tottenhams athleticism they don't have much in the way of creativity, if (and i accept that's a big if) we can defend well, we might not find it as hard to stop them scoring as we think.

Also hopefully if we win we can kick on and have a decent run because all this relegation talk (even in jest) is getting incredibly tedious.

That's the thing about pressing though. If you do it well, especially against a leaky defence like ours, then you can be in on goal and have good chances without needing to be particularly creative with the ball.

That's horrific tbh. Christ knows why I've called it 3 point lane in the last few years, looks like it has been anything but!

was all fine till that loss when JT got sent off first time ever.

That was the start of it then we've been shit there since unbeaten run ended.

I think for us to win this one we will need to score at least two, because I'll be very surprised if we keep a clean sheet. Then again I'll be very surprised if we can manage to score two....Just shows you where my level of confidence in the side is at present. :blush:

I think that the only gameplan is a very simple one.....Keep getting fouled 20 yards out.....dive if you have to........Willian will do the rest :clown:

Bego

Azpi gc iva baba

Zouma matic

William cesc hazard

Remy

snap mate i fancy that line up aswell the only thing i would change is willian on the right hazard in the no10 role and kenedy on the left side :D the reason i pick kenedy cause he tracks back hazard and pedro doesn't track back on the left winger

1n7fWcW.png

We won last two games, we are in best form of the season, so... :ph34r:

Tottenham are a good side, but nothing special really. They have historically? (as far as I can remember) played incredibly wide, so the wings will demand a little bit of extra care from Jose.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramires on the wing with Oscar and/or William (no striker).

They are weak in the center of the pitch though and I think Matic can be our advantage as his game is improving. Cahill on Kane will be a mismatch as Cahill cannot handle him IMO.