test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Abdul Rahman Baba

Started by Jason,

970 posts in this topic

Dude, all i've seen from you today is not accpeting any logic and calling Mou's fanboy whoever disagrees with you. Get a grip.

Let's just say you have different opinions, let's leave it at that.

The interesting point imo isn't whether Jose was right, but the fact he at least wasn't as wrong or crazy as the Internet claimed (tc included).

Can you really blame Jose for his choices knowing he sees this kinda defending in training? His reasoning was sound: in 2-3 games ivanovic will get his shit together - and imo he has already - but baba may take a lil longer.

Bear in mind this was against the terrible Aston villa at the bridge - imagine one of the tough away games Iva struggled with.

Thendo likes this

The interesting point imo isn't whether Jose was right, but the fact he at least wasn't as wrong or crazy as the Internet claimed (tc included).

Can you really blame Jose for his choices knowing he sees this kinda defending in training? His reasoning was sound: in 2-3 games ivanovic will get his shit together - and imo he has already - but baba may take a lil longer.

Bear in mind this was against the terrible Aston villa at the bridge - imagine one of the tough away games Iva struggled with.

I can see people's point that he's young and needs games to improve, but I also agree he's far from an improvement to Iva. They're on the same level in 1x1s if you ask me.

I saw this from Baba against Walsall, against Maccabi and now against Villa. All three VERY VERY VERY weak oppositions and he still made the same kind of mistake.

One team is from Israel league and that says all you need to know, the other is from whatever lower division in England and Villa today showed one of the worst performances I've seen recently, and given I've watched all Chelsea matches this season, it means they were really bad...

So people defending him saying he's adapting to the league, will say what when we look to the other two matches? He went through horrible streaks and decent streaks in all three matches and people think is just a big coincidence, or that he hasn't had enough minutes, or whatever else?

I think he has big flaws to his game, and yeah - kill me Mourinho haters or whatever - he's small. So being small, limited and prone to errors, especially on 1x1 isn't any improvement to Ivanovic. But I do agree that at least he has a ceiling over his head and Iva only has the descending years of his career ahead of him.

All in all, one of the biggest problems we have in this squad is lack of decent full backs. Only Azpilicueta counts as one and as much as I want youth to be developed, if Luís didn't displaced Iva, it won't be Baba who will and Luís is a hell of a FB - who struggled his first months here, just as Baba is - but lately wasn't played simply because José didn't dare to rotate.

borriske likes this

I will have been waiting with compare with Iva to 15 games as Baba with will start. Iva just shows his skill in this number of games...

Yeah but if he was playing games he would have stayed. That was most important reason why he left.

the reason Luis wasn't getting on cause Dave and Ivan were outstanding last season this season Ivan been awful :( I wish he hada stay now

the reason Luis wasn't getting on cause Dave and Ivan were outstanding last season this season Ivan been awful :( I wish he hada stay now

Apart from the first 10 or so games Ivanovic was pretty bad imo

Apart from the first 10 or so games Ivanovic was pretty bad imo

I wouldn't say pretty bad, it was a slow burn towards the bottom rock. He was getting worse and worse, but I think we've only seen the very worst at the end and then it carried on to this season. He continued from where he stopped.

I wouldn't say pretty bad, it was a slow burn towards the bottom rock. He was getting worse and worse, but I think we've only seen the very worst at the end and then it carried on to this season. He continued from where he stopped.

Yeah, normally he's on form at the beginning of the season but he's not even giving us that anymore.

I really don't see any reason for keeping him in the squad anymore.

Yeah, normally he's on form at the beginning of the season but he's not even giving us that anymore.

sure he's on his last year of his contract we not see him next season

Its ok mate, we only got 7months and 2 weeks before this nightmare ends and Ivan is no longer a CFC fullback.

Our over 30 policy has really saved us here. There's no way the board is giving him a new 1yr deal, absolutely no way.

Right?

the wes and The Chels like this

baba had a very good second half. compared to the first half, the only reason i can come up with for the difference in performance is nervousness which is understandable. so i cant judge him on this game. and i definitely cant say that jose is right. the point is we kept a clean sheet. if iva had played, grealish would have raped him.

ps - iva has got his shit together? in the last 2 games he played, he was man-handled by brahimi and was dancing to the tune of tadic.

Blue-in-me-Veins and didi007 like this

When you don't play matches for weeks on end, of course you are going to be rusty. He has barely played and that was his first league start. The more games he plays, the more accustomed to the physical nature of the league and he will improve hopefully. As Mourinho hardly rotates the FB, coming in is always going to be difficult as you are not fully match sharp. More games, more improvement.

DYC. likes this

baba had a very good second half. compared to the first half, the only reason i can come up with for the difference in performance is nervousness which is understandable. so i cant judge him on this game. and i definitely cant say that jose is right. the point is we kept a clean sheet. if iva had played, grealish would have raped him.

ps - iva has got his shit together? in the last 2 games he played, he was man-handled by brahimi and was dancing to the tune of tadic.

I think they're both as bad as each other defending wise

You will get the joy of watching him get a new arsehole ripped for him by Payet next week.

You will get the joy of watching him get a new arsehole ripped for him by Payet next week.

nothing i saw in the last 45minutes against villa showed that baba would be banged by payet.

it will be a massive struggle. but i would rather watch a 21 year old playing getting the appropriate experience than watch a 31 year old player who 99% wont be with us next year.

Mana, Azul, Last Sicarius and 1 other like this

Just what I expected. You truly are the no#1 Mou fanboy..... fascinating lol. I'm a Chelsea supporter there's a difference. I still want Mourinho to stay until the end of the season out of respect but I do not blindly support every decision that he makes. Think before you speak my friend. His trust in Ivanovic was a mistake but he still kept playing him and that cost us a lot of points, don't you agree? All this bs about Mou hate is embarrassing. I'm rightfully criticizing the mistakes he is making.

Who is your favroite person that has represented Chelsea? Can be either a player or a manager.

Geez, his first PL game and you rip him to shreds. You talk as if he had a complete nightmare of a game. Give the young kid more game time. He did well in the 2nd half.

nothing i saw in the last 45minutes against villa showed that baba would be banged by payet.

it will be a massive struggle. but i would rather watch a 21 year old playing getting the appropriate experience than watch a 31 year old player who 99% wont be with us next year.

In some ways I disagree, ultimately with Ivanovic damage is already done, he's not going to improve he's in the twilight of his career, won it all, so him getting some chastening experiences isn't THAT big a thing in the grande scheme of things.

Whereas Baba, at such a young age, getting ripped to pieces week in week out can destroy him mentally, different level but I played with a lad that is a great keeper, when we were both 18 he lost his form for a few weeks and had so much self doubt he quit, he tried to make a comeback a few months ago did ok but didn't have the mental stength to make a comeback, constantly blaming goals on himself that he could have done nothing about.

Where Mou went wrong was allowing ourselves to get in this situation, but now we are in it I can understand the need to blood Baba slowly, I mean Zouma was in a similar situation this time last yeAr, looked dead nervous when he played, now look at him.

didierforever, DYC., didi007 and 1 other like this

In some ways I disagree, ultimately with Ivanovic damage is already done, he's not going to improve he's in the twilight of his career, won it all, so him getting some chastening experiences isn't THAT big a thing in the grande scheme of things.

Whereas Baba, at such a young age, getting ripped to pieces week in week out can destroy him mentally, different level but I played with a lad that is a great keeper, when we were both 18 he lost his form for a few weeks and had so much self doubt he quit, he tried to make a comeback a few months ago did ok but didn't have the mental stength to make a comeback, constantly blaming goals on himself that he could have done nothing about.

Where Mou went wrong was allowing ourselves to get in this situation, but now we are in it I can understand the need to blood Baba slowly, I mean Zouma was in a similar situation this time last yeAr, looked dead nervous when he played, now look at him.

brilliant point. simple cant argue with this.

the only thing i would like to say is, baba is still a pretty unknown entity for most of us. no one can make any sort of judgement on him based on his 3 performances. his villa performance can best be explained as a jekyl and hyde performance. he was pathetic in the first half, and quite good in the second. i feel, he needs to be given more chances. if he cant prove himself, then slowly blood him in. and if he actually puts in good performances against kiev and whu, then why not continue him? the point with baba is that the only person who actually watches him week in and week out, has made some massive blunders in the window, and in the games this season. the person who actually knows baba inside out (or should know baba) also thinks that cesc should be playing 90minutes every game. so the only way to actually judge baba, is for him to get some more game time.

Tomo likes this