Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

I would prefer a 4-3-3 over diamond as well... Diamond is too functional and not a very fluid system.. whereas playing with 2 wingers is exciting :D But the problem is we do not have any proper winger... :( Lets just hope we get some class wingers in before the transfer window closes...

I would prefer a 4-3-3 over diamond as well... Diamond is too functional and not a very fluid system.. whereas playing with 2 wingers is exciting :D But the problem is we do not have any proper winger... :( Lets just hope we get some class wingers in before the transfer window closes...

i honestly believe we could get adam johnson, he isnt getting alot of games and silva and milner are always prefered to him :eyebrows:

Return of the diamond?

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Essien

Ramires - Lampard

Moutinho

Torres - Falcao

I hope no.

Essien : already stated my mind on him being a holding midfielder, ie he doesn't offer enough defensive stability to my eyes.

Lampard : hum, when we briefly played in diamond, he didn't convince me when playing there.

Moutinho : To play a diamond, a n°10 is necessary. I do not think Moutinho could fulfil this role. Someone like Ganso, or even Kakuta could do it.

Not a chance. 4-3-3. Thats his style.

You don't come into a club and play your own style. You adapt to the players you have. Carlo found that out when the diamond didn't work out first time.

Last season we saw 4-3-3 no longer works with the players we have. And judging by the fact we only seem to want to buy centre forwards and central midfielders, not wingers and wide midfielders, you can bet we're not looking to play 4-3-3, because there is no way on earth the club are willing to keep Kalou, Anelka, Malouda and Yury as our wingers.

no way on earth the club are willing to keep Kalou, Anelka, Malouda and Yury as our wingers.

I have a sick feeling you're wrong.

In fact, Malouda's already been offered a contract renewal remember,

"I have had two meetings with the chairman. But the club's policy is to sign players beyond the age of 30 one year after another. That is my situation."
Edited by LDN Blue

Return of the diamond?

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Essien

Ramires - Lampard

Moutinho

Torres - Falcao

4-3-3 is still our most successful formation..That being said, we don't always have to rely upon one formation... and the game's different now..there's no such thing as a rigid formation in any of the good teams....

And is there any inkling of truth about us going to get Porto players? I don't think we're going to sign players from the new manager's former club just for the sake of it...with Mourinho it was different as we were still finishing a half built squad...

And if its one thing we don't really need from Porto right now its another striker....

Chelsea Ready To Ruin Arsenal & Spurs Plans With Double Swoop

Chelsea bound Andre Villas-Boas has identified Joao Moutinho and Radomel Falcao as his first two signings as Blues manager. The Mirror suggests Villas-Boas is eyeing former backroom staff to bring to London, including physical trainer Jose Mario Rocha and opposition scout Daniel Sousa.

The Portuguese maestro is also hoping to add £15m rated Joao Moutinho to his squad next year along with Colombian striker Radomel Falcao who will cost around £25m.

Moutinho only signed for Porto last summer after the 24-year old agreed a £10m switch from Sporting Lisbon. Falcao had a prolific season last term, scoring an impressive 38 in 42 appearances for club and country and has been linked with a move to Arsenal and Tottenham.

Realy?!?!?!

I see he said Falcao would cost £25, but What's his market value? And does anyone know if he has a release clause?

Seems odd that we would have so many strikers in the squad if he came...

I think that his release clause.

It's like the Porto President said. He would not negotiate with us for his players. If they pay the release clause and the player wants to go, he's okay with it.

Good point, I don't see AVB bringing anyone in immediately tho do you? As he stated he wants to meet the players and see them as a unit before he starts filling gaps. We might see us active in the market towards the end of July or early August it seems.

My ambition is to keep working hard and I am convinced I can play in a superior league like England. If Chelsea is interested in me then all that needs to happen is for negotiations to take place.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7001441,00.html