• Courtois (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Falcao (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)

He gave him minutes and the lad didn't bother defending and running, I am a big fan so I particularly kept an eye on him against NYRB.

RLC is actually running out of chances, he should grab his chance if he wants to be a starter here in a few years, there's definitely a spot up for grabs just behind Cesc-Matic on the hierarchy ( ahead of Mikel-Rami ), or even as a starter in the 4-3-3, but it's up to him.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the match thread I've seen more paranoia than I did in the last legit CL tie against the same team. With all my love to the paranoid bunch, I'd like to say: Learn to calm the fuck down and get your shit together.

haha but we hate PSG :P and we hate Barcelona too.

First half was very frustrating to watch. We just cant play Mikel. Simple as that. I dont know what more Jose needs to see so he could understand we need a CM. Ramires is also not my favorite but at least he brings his dynamicism to the midfield.

Agree Mikel should only come on when we are winning and want to defend our goal.

Our performance from the 60th minute on shouldn't detract from the one before that. Pre season should be used not only to gain fitness but to try out/experiment with new implementations and ideas. So to park the bus in pre season against any team for that matter is pathetic. And if this will be our approach in virtually all the big games again next season, we will once again be found out in Europe. There should be an evolution and progress all round next season. that's the aim of any team with big ambition and relying on an outdated tactic of parking the bus is not evolution.

Honestly I don't thin PTB was the original plan, rather that Jose did not expect PSG to stop us playing. Firstly, Mikel-Matic-Cesc is too slow, and has no build up play quality. Secondly, we all know Cesc hates being pressed, which is why he should be kept away from CAM, where he is liable to be pressed by the defenders and the defensive midfielders. Even Matic-Ramires was still better simply because Rami has pace. But once Oscar and Willian were introduced, the midfield had some build up quality to it. I think we are so used to having a dedicated DM that we have forgotten that it is possible to play without one, a la pre 2004. It was nice to see, with Matic at the base it would be even more solid.

It's obvious Oscar's future (maybe along with a little bulking up) is in central midfield, perhaps in the biggest games a midfield 3 of

Matic

Willian Oscar

with no Cesc would work. Who knows? Oscar is tasked with creating for Brazil, maybe he can do it for us. It's also possible now we have a few more options in AM to use Willian elsewhere, playing Moses on the right for example.

Slow motion is becoming a hall mark.

Especially the first half trio.

I 'm not sure anybody wanted to win this match in 90 minutes after the changes but even in those last minutes we were not fast enough. Cuadrado was served with an open chance and did n't know what to do with the ball.

If people watching didn't see we have problems last night there must have been a different game on my telly.

Moses has only got you lot kissass_zpsbayqurzl.gif because he scored the equalizer. He was ok for hist first five minutes then was back to normal. Peeps on forums tend to call players amazing or losers after 1 or 2 games. OK There MIGHT be a chance hes better than Cuadrado but thats not saying much is it.

Our best hope is Falcao. He showed promise. As well as he LOOKED like he wanted to win unlike many.

His/OUR problem is Mikel is fuckin useless. Hes totally made a mess out of the midfield. Falcaos all round play was good last night. He linked play really well, held up the ball and he made some good runs. The problem is both he AND COSTA were ignored alot. Theres ONLY Cescy with any creativity to get balls to them and It's imperative for us to sign Aranguiz and or Witsel. They can both hold the ball and give Cescy the space hes not got now. Plus theyre both fast when we need them to be.

Its not like they would cost alot and if Mou cant see that we desperatly need help they would give us he needs his bumps felt.

Moses haters where are you now???

have I been summoned?

Hater is a big word, but I really dislike his and Bertrand's football, so yeah, here I am

They're both very limited, their football is basic and they do the basic well, although they also struggle with their passing - which is basic. So I guess, in their good days they do the basic well, on the other days, not even that.

have I been summoned?

Hater is a big word, but I really dislike his and Bertrand's football, so yeah, here I am

They're both very limited, their football is basic and they do the basic well, although they also struggle with their passing - which is basic. So I guess, in their good days they do the basic well, on the other days, not even that.

It's scary how similarly you and I think. It's like we share a brain!

I'll give Moses credit for these two preseason games. He's looked decent. But he's the exact type of footballer I normally hate. The type that have no real football intelligence and are essentially headless chickens. He'll do a few fancy tricks or sprint past a player and get into a great position but will then make nothing of it. He's woefully inconsistent in the final third where it matters (which you can say about most of our attacking players, really).

It's scary how similarly you and I think. It's like we share a brain!

I'll give Moses credit for these two preseason games. He's looked decent. But he's the exact type of footballer I normally hate. The type that have no real football intelligence and are essentially headless chickens. He'll do a few fancy tricks or sprint past a player and get into a great position but will then make nothing of it. He's woefully inconsistent in the final third where it matters (which you can say about most of our attacking players, really).

He shone at Stoke but was inconsistent for us and abysmal at Liverpool.

He's a good mid table level player but for us he's not good enough, even as a squad player.