Costa or Kane

Ask everyone outside UK about Kane and they`ll tell you "who?". Diego Costa is a world class proven striker, Kane 1 season wonder praised by England`s press

Kane is 22. How can you call him a one season wonder? Costa was not top class striker at that age. Kane will be a great striker.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kane is 22. How can you call him a one season wonder? Costa was not top class striker at that age. Kane will be a great striker.

I can ask you the same question. How can you call him top class at only 22 with only 1 good season? I remember costa and falcao scoring shitload of goals at atletico madrid togheter and i think this was 4 5 years ago

I can ask you the same question. How can you call him top class at only 22 with only 1 good season? I remember costa and falcao scoring shitload of goals at atletico madrid togheter and i think this was 4 5 years ago

Because he has got everything. Pace, hold up play, strength, technique, good on either foot and his general all round game is quality. To do what he done last season is fantastic and I have no doubts that he will turn out top quality. He is level-headed as well and I don't think he will be distracted by off-the ball stuff which some footballers are guilty off. I think he is one of the greatest talents England will have produced.

Are you suggesting that Kane will never be as good as Costa because he's far too famous and well-known at such a young age?!

I think Kane has a bigger potential, I don't know if he can fulfill his potential though. People like to guess these things but it depends on a lot of factors.

I think Kane has a bigger potential, I don't know if he can fulfill his potential though. People like to guess these things but it depends on a lot of factors.

Bigger potential in what regard? If you look at his abilities both technically and even physically there is hardly anything in there that stands out. I mean he's not exactly a technical player, far from a dribbler, not outstandingly pacey, his movement and off the ball runs are good but not amazing, he can be an incredible finisher but he can also a below average finisher as we've seen recently. Similar could be said for almost anything in his game.

He is however a smart very well rounded player who has shown that he can make the most of his abilities. But that said I think he is rather unlikely to become a striker of the caliber of Costa in a few years, and this is coming from someone who probably rates Diego lower than the majority of Chelsea fans.

Bigger potential in what regard? If you look at his abilities both technically and even physically there is hardly anything in there that stands out. I mean he's not exactly a technical player, far from a dribbler, not outstandingly pacey, his movement and off the ball runs are good but not amazing, he can be an incredible finisher but he can also a below average finisher as we've seen recently. Similar could be said for almost anything in his game.

He is however a smart very well rounded player who has shown that he can make the most of his abilities. But that said I think he is rather unlikely to become a striker of the caliber of Costa in a few years, and this is coming from someone who probably rates Diego lower than the majority of Chelsea fans.

When they are on form well rounded strikers are very hard to defend and skills you mentioned are not impossible to improve. When Diego was at the age of 22 how many people thought that he would become Chelsea's main striker in a few years? Btw. Costa scored only one more goal than Kane this season although he plays for a stronger side.

where was Drogba when he was 22?

I don't think he was underestimating Costa's ability. But it is the fact that a lot of top strikers had not achieved what Kane done at his age so it woudl be harsh to call him a one-season wonder.

I don't think he was underestimating Costa's ability. But it is the fact that a lot of top strikers had not achieved what Kane done at his age so it woudl be harsh to call him a one-season wonder.

what has Kane achieved that is so great? had one good season for an average team, playing with no pressure, now this season he had pressure to perform and look at him, he has been found out.

neither was Drogba, Ian Wright, Klose, Luca Toni, Henrik Larsson or Les Ferdiand to name a few.

I know and Kane has shown elements that he will be. I am a huge fan of Costa like you know but look at the age where he came a top striker.

what has Kane achieved that is so great? had one good season for an average team, playing with no pressure, now this season he had pressure to perform and look at him, he has been found out.

You can say the same about a lot of strikers. Kane is only 22 and has age on his side. Aguero, bar our game has struggled himself and so has Costa tbh. I don't think they have been found out. Just have struggled to get going. I think when Kane gets the first it will be the first of many.

Kane last season reminds me of Andy Carroll's season w/ Newcastle back in 2010. He was 21 years old. Has he fulfilled his potential? The answer is no, but I remember he was the greatest thing since slice bread back then.

You mean the season when he scored only 13 goals? Yeah very similar performances.