The Paris metro incident

cosmicway

Picking at hairs really.

Depends how you look at it. For me the definition of race is something you can't change, you can freely change your religion and therefore it isn't racial. I can understand why people can consider it racial though.

I don't mean anything derogatory by it and believe antisemitism, Islamophobia and racism are just as bad as each other.

(Also if they are all the same why are there different words? I don't know myself)

1. Semite. a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs. a member of any of the peoples descended from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Semite. a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs. a member of any of the peoples descended from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.

Well my ignorance towards Semites is abundantly clear :lol:

• Semite. a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs. a member of any of the peoples descended from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.

Well my ignorance towards Semites is abundantly clear :lol:

Almost no one knows this origin of the word and it is never used in that sense. For reasons I do not wish to get into, antisemitism is today only used to reffer to intolerance towards Jews. You won't see anywhere someone refering to racism against Arabs as antisemitism.

• 4 months later...

3 and 5 year bans.

It was always going to be a stitch-up once it went viral, the social media police made their judgement from day one. If there was evidence they were doing anything illegal then they'd be looking at prison sentences.

Amazing to see quotes like, 'the incident "tarnished the reputation of English football in Europe".' Some of the shit that goes on, on the continent, that nobody cares about, it's absurd.

3 and 5 year bans.

It was always going to be a stitch-up once it went viral, the social media police made their judgement from day one. If there was evidence they were doing anything illegal then they'd be looking at prison sentences.

Amazing to see quotes like, 'the incident "tarnished the reputation of English football in Europe".' Some of the shit that goes on, on the continent, that nobody cares about, it's absurd.

No-one gives a shit about Heysel, but this - fuck me, we're worse than the Nazis.

No-one gives a shit about Heysel, but this - fuck me, we're worse than the Nazis.

In Spain last year a fan murdered, Italy the year before, in Germany and Holland where the hooligans regularly smash up mosques -but no apparently its Chelsea the worst. Not condoning what they did, but its trial by mobile phone and social media.

You have to remember the poor man has been traumatised unable to work , His life has been destroyed and even his children traumatised but ,,, he is now willing to come

to the Bridge ,, I am only quoting from his press conference.

You have to remember the poor man has been traumatised unable to work , His life has been destroyed and even his children traumatised but ,,, he is now willing to come

What happened to the bloke was completely out of order BUT: I can't help thinking it's like one of those no win no fee ads you see all the time you know the type of thing.

Just tried to get on the Metro and have been denied entry? Went home and and never gave it much thought?. Well Stop you could claim for thousands of pounds. Yes that's right thousands of pounds. All you need is some faux outrage from social media and you could become a cause celebre overnight that's right overnight. A nice bit of exaggeration about how a shove on in the chest has impacted on your life and the world's your Normandy oyster. Interested? Well then act straight away Monsieur just answer these questions

''How would you like your compensation to be paid Euro's or Sterling''?. Take your time have a tete a- tete with your translator. ''Fucking sterling mate when my book comes out all i'll be interested is in notes with her majesty's boat race on you mug''.

NB: Compensation will only be paid if said incident is sent to the British Press rather then the French Media who frankly didn't care less at the time and still don't.

He said in his first interview: "I used to things like that", but a few days later he completely changed his tune and talking about how this gives him nightmares and how he can't work anymore, etc.

He said in his first interview: "I used to things like that", but a few days later he completely changed his tune and talking about how this gives him nightmares and how he can't work anymore, etc.

our fans were idiots ,, but he and the media are milking it

The football hooligans have been doing that sort of thing for ages.

If it's not fighting with rival supporters, it's going to be breaking glass windows and stealing or racist and similar incidents.

Everywhere.

Football is a game of action in which the spectators take an active part.
It can't become like golf where everybody seats quiet, like some officious bodies seem to think.

But there are some who go beyond the limits and for those only the "Thatcher treatment" can produce an effect.

I wonder when football hooligans turned up for the first time.

In Greece it's 1972. Before that there were isolated incidents -two men coming to blows- but no hooligan gangs as such.

Theres alot of difference between a couple of twats on a train acting like morons who would have done summet similar if the guy hadn't been black but anyone that stood out from the 'norm' And it might have been 1 guy that started it and the others just joined in like usual without thinking.. I know it doesnt make it better its just a possible explanation. I know many lads like them and theyre not racist just got very different sense of humour.

Anyone thats been abroad with us has seen things happen from both the home fans and our lot.

Ive been trying to remember where we were but a guy near me let off a couple of flares. The cops came steaming in, truncheons swinging, men,women,children being hit and sprayed with pepper spray. Alot of normal shirt wearers getting dropped and alot of very innocent people very hurt. Yes of course there was some fighting back but the whole thing wasn't necessary. When they left and went back down to the pitch there was a big chant of Sieg Heil with Nazi Salutes. This wasn't because all these people were bloomin Nazis it was aimed at the storm trooper like tactics they had just seen.

There wasn't any reports in the media but just imagine how that could have been spun. With pictures of all types of our supporters giving Nazi salutes. We would still be hearing about it now!

Theres a big difference between out n out racists and just a bit of banter.

Theres alot of difference between a couple of twats on a train acting like morons who would have done summet similar if the guy hadn't been black but anyone that stood out from the 'norm' And it might have been 1 guy that started it and the others just joined in like usual without thinking.. I know it doesnt make it better its just a possible explanation. I know many lads like them and theyre not racist just got very different sense of humour.

Anyone thats been abroad with us has seen things happen from both the home fans and our lot.

Ive been trying to remember where we were but a guy near me let off a couple of flares. The cops came steaming in, truncheons swinging, men,women,children being hit and sprayed with pepper spray. Alot of normal shirt wearers getting dropped and alot of very innocent people very hurt. Yes of course there was some fighting back but the whole thing wasn't necessary. When they left and went back down to the pitch there was a big chant of Sieg Heil with Nazi Salutes. This wasn't because all these people were bloomin Nazis it was aimed at the storm trooper like tactics they had just seen.

There wasn't any reports in the media but just imagine how that could have been spun. With pictures of all types of our supporters giving Nazi salutes. We would still be hearing about it now!

Theres a big difference between out n out racists and just a bit of banter.

Marseille ?. The old bill there are completely over the top.