Alexandre Lacazette

MrExcalibur100

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Daily Mail is "reporting" that Lyon accepted a £22M bid from Newcastle, but the player turned down the move.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3387305/France-striker-Alexandre-Lacazette-snubs-Newcastle-Lyon-accept-22million-bid.html

I highly doubt the validity of this since Martial went for twice the price (after add-ons) and we're talking 40-50 for Sterling, Stones, etc.

Always hopeful though.

There was no bid for Lacazette: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/a6798936.html

He'll probably move after Euro 2016 for around 30-35 million depending on how many clubs are interested

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

There was no bid for Lacazette: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/a6798936.html

He'll probably move after Euro 2016 for around 30-35 million depending on how many clubs are interested

Right, so it's the usual Daily Fail stuff.  I did think the figure was ridiculous.

I'd imagine that he'd go for more than 30-35.  Martial went for 50 (there are 2 slam dunk add-ons that are 10M Euro each).  I'd imagine that Lacazette would go for a similar amount.

On 12/1/2015 at 9:16 PM, BlueLyon said:

He has great talent but his character is questionable. I dont think he is pushing himself enough to improve. There is reason why Giroud and even Gignac get chances ahead of him in nt.

A little laziness doesn't exactly mean 'questionable character', this isn't bloody Samir Nasri or Yann M'Vila we are talking about. Mark Hughes was a lazy bastard in training but a dynamo on the pitch, nobody questions his character.

Besides in the last year Lacazette has gotten more caps than Gignac.

• 3 months later...

Lacazette has proven that he isn't a one season wonder. If we're looking for another striker to support costa as Conte plays with two strikers, he looks like the best realistic choice. 

• 2 months later...

According to @lequipe, Alexandre Lacazette expressed his wish to leave OL this summer to its leaders.

I here is name liked with everyone but i've not watched him play. Maybe an option if we don't get Morata?

Yes, please. Explosive, fast, impressive balance, can get past a man with his tight control and a tidy passer. Good overall technique and a strong finisher. Right type of striker to compliment the current options. Great age as well as he just turned 25. * Fit as well btw. Plays most games in a season.

Unproven at the highest level of course but 63 league goals in the past three seasons is very impressive. His total can not compared with the likes of Ibra and Cavani as he did not enjoy anything close to the support they received as the most dominant team in France by far. Under the right guidance and when played to his strengths he could become world-class. I think he has it in him. I'd love to see Costa and Laca up top in the system Conte apparently wants to employ.

If you believe Lyon's president he's extremely expensive though. Think I read 80 mil (Euro) a while back, Scare tactics of course but he won't be cheap.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Didn't he have a terrible season? I think I remember hearing that.

Big dip compared to the 14/15 season. His lack of goals last season was one of the reasons Lyon never challenged for the title and just got CL footie due to beating Monaco late on.

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Didn't he have a terrible season? I think I remember hearing that.

Lyon were very poor in the first half of 15/16. Lacazette's form dipped as well. They lost Fekir and they weren't the same. Think CL football affected them as well. Team just wasn't clicking. It's a very young team so a dip in form was to be expected tbh. The form of the players just happened to dip simultaneously.

He recovered in the second half of the season though. New manager, new system, some new players in the team (not newly transfered players) and the goals started pouring again. Ended up scoring 21 league goals and looked like his old self again.

Damm, when I saw this thread active I thought there was a genuine rumour of our interest.

I'd happily see us pay £50m for this guy if the alternative is spending even more on Lukaku.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2016 at 10:09 PM, Tomo said:

Damm, when I saw this thread active I thought there was a genuine rumour of our interest.

I'd happily see us pay £50m for this guy if the alternative is spending even more on Lukaku.

Well its not 50M its 60M

And I've been preaching this since I heard about Lukaku, Association Trained, Proven scorer in the Prem, Loves the club... If that tags 5M to the price I'm fine with it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/10/arsenal-transfer-news-alexandre-lacazette-will-cost-60-million-a/

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You