Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

Doesn't mean it's right. Sterling hasn't done anything noteworthy to even warrant a price tag close to 20-25m, never mind 40-50m.

It isn't right? What scale of judgement of right and wrong are we talking about here? The footballing world is all around crazily inflated, but it's clubs like Chelsea's own fault and nothing in the future seems to be taking the prices down. Might as well just accept it, that's the market of today.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that Sterling isn't even worth £20-25m to you. Fair enough, but the 40m would be based on his potential more than anything. A 20 year old Englishman who is one of the best in the league in his position (winger) will always be priced nearer to that.

Paying 40m for a player with a potential, one who has put few good performances and scored some goals here and there doesn't seem like the brightest of ideas. Even Hazard didn't cost us this much.

It isn't right? What scale of judgement of right and wrong are we talking about here? The footballing world is all around crazily inflated, but it's clubs like Chelsea's own fault and nothing in the future seems to be taking the prices down. Might as well just accept it, that's the market of today.

Just because we paid 30m for Willian and Cuadrado, doesn't mean we have to do the same with Sterling, especially not when he hasn't done anything of note in football yet. I know they are going to be inflated prices around and there's a way to go about spending the money wisely. For that kind of amount, we could get someone more useful from abroad or something.

Paying 40m for a player with a potential, one who has put few good performances and scored some goals here and there doesn't seem like the brightest of ideas. Even Hazard didn't cost us this much.

Just because we paid 30m for Willian and Cuadrado, doesn't mean we have to do the same with Sterling, especially not when he hasn't done anything of note in football yet. I know they are going to be inflated prices around and there's a way to go about spending the money wisely. For that kind of amount, we could get someone more useful from abroad or something.

Hazard only didn't cost that much because he had a release clause.

Honestly, in today's inflated market... £40m for Sterling might be a bit too much but it's to be expected.

On RAWK they think Mourinho staged the interview behind the scene to unsettle Sterling so we can sign him easier in the summer. Hahhahahaha nothing beat reading RAWK for a laugh when you are bored.

He does a lot of things because of his speed. Nevertheless his technical ability is great, in my opinion its similar to Eden.
But his decision making isn't that good, additionally he is lacking tactical comprehension.

I prefer before getting Sterling, we should give Cuadrado a proper chance, but it seems Mourinho doesn't rate Cuadrado highly, strange.
Cuadrado wasn't cheap and he plays best as a right winger, i hope that next season we will see him much more.
Sterling is hard to get, Rodgers doesn't want to do a Suarez, therefore its crazy money.

Personally i favour Koke and Varane over Sterling or some other fancy attacking player.
All three of them would be very nice, of course^^.

I'd hate to give liverpool 40-50m but what a player sterling is. Might as well get the best young English player if we need to sign some English blood.

I'd be fine with getting Sterling IF we fix our central midfield issue first!

He does a lot of things because of his speed. Nevertheless his technical ability is great, in my opinion its similar to Eden.

But his decision making isn't that good, additionally he is lacking tactical comprehension.

I prefer before getting Sterling, we should give Cuadrado a proper chance, but it seems Mourinho doesn't rate Cuadrado highly, strange.

Cuadrado wasn't cheap and he plays best as a right winger, i hope that next season we will see him much more.

Sterling is hard to get, Rodgers doesn't want to do a Suarez, therefore its crazy money.

Personally i favour Koke and Varane over Sterling or some other fancy attacking player.

All three of them would be very nice, of course^^.

Agree we should give Cuadrado a chance first, at least six months until our regular judgement month in January every year. Anyway though, about Sterling weakness you mentioned, that can be sorted by Jose easily, I believe.

I'd be fine with getting Sterling IF we fix our central midfield issue first!

If I had to choose the one, I'd go for central midfielder of course.

However I fully believe that's not exclusively. We will sign another attacking midfielder, I'd put 90% probability. We already wanted to recall Moses (which in my opinion is obvious that he was going to be an addition alongside Cuadrado not instead) and we keep informed about Douglas Costa's fitness.

I don't get when people say "let's wait for Cuadrado and what he has in store". It doesn't matter. Chelsea have 8 players for 5 midfield position, that's low number. Even when Cuadrado turns to beast, you imagine going with 8 players for 5 position next season ? 9 would be minimum, 10 would be optimal. At the start of the season we were already short in central midfield numbers and only thanks to good fortune with injuries we haven't been hit badly. We only had one player unavailable at the same time but look at the situation now, we can't rotate off form Fabregas or Matic because we lacks numbers.

Mourinho already uses those players too much. We don't rotate and it's evident that we lack freshness in our players. But real concern can come with next season, when Mourinho teams can usual endure burn out in 3rd season after exhaustive 2nd.

It's not difficult to imagine that Man City game situation would happen more often if we were slightly more misfortune with injuries. Then you have only kids to make the bench.

We need numbers !! We will sign another attacking midfielder. I'd love if that was Sterling not Douglas Costa.

Another question is money.

Chelsea have enough money not to choose if they're going to sign central midfielder or attacking midfielder. People don't realise that Chelsea is one of richest clubs in the world without owner's money ?! This club have enough resources to spend their own money. Now there's additional money from Yokohama as well as similar rise with UEFA prize awards. We have enough of our own money to sign two players of highest quality.

Then we can sell others to make 3rd and 4th signing. We are fine in financial department. We can spend very big with right sells and fill the gaps we may have.

Ideally it would like this :

Varane for Cahill

RLC for Mikel

Koke/Pogba for Oscar

Sterling in

Icardi in

Then you have Filipe, JT, Varane, Zouma, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Matic, RLC, Fabregas, Ramires, Koke, Sterling, Cuadrado, Willian, Hazard, Diego, Remy, Icardi

18 outfield players for 10 positions - that's still not ideal but I'd say the minimum number you go for a season.

BTW Interesting comments by Jose about Sterling situation. He wants to further distract the situation. I personally think that Jose would love Sterling to have him. Ideal counter-attacking player with quality as well as English. Didn't Jose speak at length previously how he wants to help England national team and how he loves to have English players ??

Jose Mourinho insists he would sell wantaway Liverpool star Raheem Sterling if midfielder was a Chelsea player

Jose Mourinho insists he would sell wantaway Liverpool star Raheem Sterling if midfielder was a Chelsea player

With other words, he will try to sign him if there is a chance.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You