James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Of all the name's we're currently linked with, this seems the most likely, and also the one I want the least.

No knock against James, but really, we need a CB, FB & CM far more than we need an attacking midfielder.

Would say this one is most unlikely. Conte has publicly stated he wants defenders.

2 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

uploaded over 8 hours ago by the redmen tv

video length - 16:38

fast forward to 10:45 when the transfer talks begin.

Liverpool In For James Rodriguez? | #LFC News Daily

Lol deluded c***s

16 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Of all the name's we're currently linked with, this seems the most likely, and also the one I want the least.

No knock against James, but really, we need a CB, FB & CM far more than we need an attacking midfielder.

History would have this nailed on over a defender of any worth ???

I doubt we're even considering any more attacking signings. With Moses now emerging as a legitimate squad player who can make an impact the club probably feel we have enough attacking mids. In reality, an injury to Hazard and we are an extremely ordinary side.

It would be a Fabregas level surprise to me if we signed James.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I doubt we're even considering any more attacking signings. With Moses now emerging as a legitimate squad player who can make an impact the club probably feel we have enough attacking mids. In reality, an injury to Hazard and we are an extremely ordinary side.

Mikel, Oscar, Matic, Pedro, Moses, Willian - average players. Not only our defense is problem, but we also need to add some second/third goal scoring threats. We have too much player who aren't great finishers and that's also our problem. Repair defense in this transfer window and try to sign James, that would put us probably head to head with Utd and City (no CL this year and we can turn our focuse to Premier League)

2 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Mikel, Oscar, Matic, Pedro, Moses, Willian - average players. Not only our defense is problem, but we also need to add some second/third goal scoring threats. We have too much player who aren't great finishers and that's also our problem. Repair defense in this transfer window and try to sign James, that would put us probably head to head with Utd and City (no CL this year and we can turn our focuse to Premier League)

Agree. We only have two "special" attacking players in Hazard and Costa. Outside of those two we haven't got a single player who we can rely on as a source of goals. All three of Willian, Oscar, and Pedro are wildly inconsistent when it comes to scoring. James would change that and could score 10+ in the PL alone as well as chip in 10+ assists.

Like I said, doubt the club feel the same way. If I were a betting man and had to wager a significant amount of money on how many signings we'll make before the deadline I'd say 1. And it'll be either a CB or a fullback. 

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Starting to think James will be used as a secondary striker(false 9) he'd be similar to how we use Ruben. 

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True, I think we should focus on defenders first. 

But Hazard aside, our attacking mids are plain average in attack. Willian lacks end product, Oscar is inconsistent as fuck, Pedro is poor too. Moses, Kenedy, RLC, Cuadrado...lots of names, but no one in proper form. Would make big statement if we signed James.

But right now, I think CB, fullback and perhaps even another energetic mid are more important than marquee signing because we need to balance our side. 

If we sign CB and then James instead of fullback/b2b mid, he will need to have damn great season on level of 2015 Hazard to cover for our poor defense. And I dont think James is that kind of player. And I question his motivation once he moves from his dream club Real to one without CL and incomplete squad.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Agree. We only have two "special" attacking players in Hazard and Costa. Outside of those two we haven't got a single player who we can rely on as a source of goals. All three of Willian, Oscar, and Pedro are wildly inconsistent when it comes to scoring. James would change that and could score 10+ in the PL alone as well as chip in 10+ assists.

Like I said, doubt the club feel the same way. If I were a betting man and had to wager a significant amount of money on how many signings we'll make before the deadline I'd say 1. And it'll be either a CB or a fullback. 

Because of that I was hoping after Mourinho get sacked that we are finally get a manager who wants to play attacking football. (Remember days with Ancelotti, 103 goals, sexy football, even neutral fans wanted to see Chelsea play because of attacking football, miss that too much) Not saying that Conte is defensive manager but I would like to see us finally get rid of some players who doesn't even have place to play in some worse teams than Chelsea and to finally sign someone like James (current situation), we are desperate for another "Hazard". Hopefully we are going to get that with Conte but for now isn't promising at all. And also to see youth players finally getting a chance instead of some stupid transfers like last summer. Time will tell - again, but again, the current situation isn't really great and every other team getting better and better it just seems that our board aren't amibitous as they was few years ago. (yes, there will be new stadium for Chelsea - thank you Abramovich!) Personally don't know in which direction club is going, with Man Utd and City splashing like insane and having creme de la creme managers and board need to make some big big decisions and to make a statement with few transfers that will put Chelsea back to conteders in PL & CL.

5 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Because of that I was hoping after Mourinho get sacked that we are finally get a manager who wants to play attacking football. (Remember days with Ancelotti, 103 goals, sexy football, even neutral fans wanted to see Chelsea play because of attacking football, miss that too much) Not saying that Conte is defensive manager but I would like to see us finally get rid of some players who doesn't even have place to play in some worse teams than Chelsea and to finally sign someone like James (current situation), we are desperate for another "Hazard". Hopefully we are going to get that with Conte but for now isn't promising at all. And also to see youth players finally getting a chance instead of some stupid transfers like last summer. Time will tell - again, but again, the current situation isn't really great and every other team getting better and better it just seems that our board aren't amibitous as they was few years ago. (yes, there will be new stadium for Chelsea - thank you Abramovich!) Personally don't know in which direction club is going, with Man Utd and City splashing like insane and having creme de la creme managers and board need to make some big big decisions and to make a statement with few transfers that will put Che

sea back to conteders in PL & CL.

Sorry, but I do not agree with you, one bit.

We have just signed Kante and Batshuayi. They are shrewd signings. Batshuayi is touted as the best Belgian striker by the fans and yes, that includes Lukaku in the list. Even I was shocked to hear that but he is showing signs, so much attacking returns in hardly over 2 hours already for the boy.

As for Kante, I don't need to say anything now, do I?

You said you don't know which direction the club is going, you act as if Conte is Wenger and the club is Arsenal and not spending because they want shareholder's maximum value. 

Let me tell you, Chelsea are prepared to splash the cash, as seen with bids for Lukaku and Koulibaly. We will bid for James if Conte fancies him, but I don't see how we will fit him in the squad and whether he will actually improve the squad without compromising in other areas of the team. Just because he is a big name, doesn't mean we should go all out and splash the money. Look at Shevchenko and more notably, Torres.

We do need defenders and that should be our first priority. Splashing cash on James might mean we won't be able to get defenders, which I am not prepared to deal with. 

We have just signed Kante and Batshuayi. They are shrewd signings. Batshuayi is touted as the best Belgian striker by the fans and yes, that includes Lukaku in the list. Even I was shocked to hear that but he is showing signs, so much attacking returns in hardly over 2 hours already for the boy.

You said you don't know which direction the club is going, you act as if Conte is Wenger and the club is Arsenal and not spending because they want shareholder's maximum value. 

Let me tell you, Chelsea are prepared to splash the cash, as seen with bids for Lukaku and Koulibaly. We will bid for James if Conte fancies him, but I don't see how we will fit him in the squad and whether he will actually improve the squad without compromising in other areas of the team. Just because he is a big name, doesn't mean we should go all out and splash the money. Look at Shevchenko and more notably, Torres.

We do need defenders and that should be our first priority. Splashing cash on James might mean we won't be able to get defenders, which I am not prepared to deal with. 

"As seen with bids for Lukaku"?

Did you really believe those reports? I believe Express was reporting about that last month weren't they? Do you actually believe those sources?

40 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

We do need to change half or our current team, that's the reallity, but I agree first start with defenders like I said. Not saying that I'm worried that Chelsea will become like Arsenal but I'm concerned even when we are willing to spend big money we can't sign our top targets and that's the part where it become so fucking hard. No plan B, C, D and we and with some players who will never play for Chelsea or will end up playing half of the season before going on loan and that's it. Nainggolan, Koulibaly were our targets for last few months and we didn't get none of them. We offered big money for them but again that wasn't enough - probably our plan B was Kante and we signed him - great. But waiting for last few days until transfer window is over we still didn't get one single player who can improve our defense is shocking and sad. Now we are launching bids for player like someone from our board is playing manager and is trying to sign 3(?) players in few days. If we get Koulibaly/Romagnoli/Maksimovic, Ricardo Rodriguez/Ghoulam/Hektor, Mautidi/James/Maia/Lukaku/or whatever are our targets in one hand is great in other hand not that much. Our defense is horrible and new players will need time to settle. It's not like we are trying to get players and we already have a system and we will slowly introduce them into the team, we need new players to start playing from the first game in the probably most hardest league in the world like they are already familiar what Premier League is. Also don't forget what power media have in UK, one single mistake and everybody will talk about like it's the end of the world, that is also important in my opinion. I'm not for James transfer just because he is a big name, but because he is a player that would be deadly with Hazard, and to have oe more player who can score 10+ goals and can be threat from long rage - just what we need. Having them on both wings would be joy to watch. He is amazing player but in the wrong club. Give him a important role again and he will be phenomenal like he was in Porto, Monaco, Real Madrid (before Zidane became a manager). Kante and Michy are great players but we need to continue in that rhytm and right now it seems that we are desperate to sign CB and FB. Those bids for random players are just showing that we are again with no plan in last few days in transfer window, and that need to change. Emenalo and co. need to be sacked and be replaced with someone who can actually create the system for transfers, set the targets in time, and have more than one plan,  someone like Monchi in Sevilla.

EDIT:

No way is James playing on wing. Bit too slow for that but more importantly, it doesnt work tacticaly.

Willian is worker and if James replaces him, we would lose pacy worker on right side who helps midfielders. Maybe he could work in three man midfield next to two pacy mids like Kante or as #10. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You