James Rodríguez

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

60m euros is about £52m. Only £10m more than Ozil who went in a much more stable market. Madrid's cast offs include players like Mesut, Di Maria, Robben, Makelele as mentioned before. I'd gladly take any of them (at the age they left) in my team. 

reckon Ozil was far more established and played a much bigger role than James though. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Beigl said:

He would certainly help Hazard so he isn't the main catalyst of our attacks anymore and we as a team would become much more dangerous.

But I doubt he would fit Conte's system as he plans to play 3-5-2 in the long run and there is no way James could play in there as his workrate and positioning seems quite bad.

We habe 2 players already that can fit that bill in Moses and Square.

1 hour ago, iceboy said:

Well if we sell Pedro I think we will try for James. Still not a single source is saying that we are after him expect a single TV in Brazil. 

Really dont have a clue WTF Pedro is still doing here.

Did RM do a Rags and just buy James because they could and they didn't want anyone else to have him? Theres got to be something going on between Zidane and James because theres no other reason he wouldn't have played today otherwise.

Hes young and got skills and has been followed by hype (like Eden) So like other players in similar situations he more than likely also has a big ego that needs stroking. And it doesn't seem hes been made to feel wanted. Hes probably just aching to be made to feel important again and be shown love.

58 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Did RM do a Rags and just buy James because they could and they didn't want anyone else to have him? Theres got to be something going on between Zidane and James because theres no other reason he wouldn't have played today otherwise.

Hes young and got skills and has been followed by hype (like Eden) So like other players in similar situations he more than likely also has a big ego that needs stroking. And it doesn't seem hes been made to feel wanted. Hes probably just aching to be made to feel important again and be shown love.

Nope, He is joining Juve.

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Nope, He is joining Juve.

Yell_zpskyicryeu.gif

Well I hope not but if its gonna happen then bollox to all this loan shit. Its not like the old bitch need another season to check him out is it?

And what favors have they done us?

Lets be like everyone else and play hardball. See just how much they want him and do some part ex for a defender.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm sorry but no way in hell would Moses help ease the burden on Hazard, he's failed on 3 PL loans for a reason.

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I do and there is a reason why he or Isco dont play in first 11. 

Flicks and tricks get you to one point. Efficiency and intelligence is something else.

The only reason I would be happy with his buy is so that Eden has someone to play with. But speed of our midfield and defensive balance would get downgraded. 

They don't fit because they don't fit in the system. It doesn't necessarily mean they're not class players. As mentioned earlier, Ozil, Robben, Di Maria, Makelele, Alonso etc. were all brilliant players when they left Real Madrid.

The same goes for Barcelona's off cuts. We scored Fabregas and Arsenal scored Sanchez. Two great signings. We are not on Real Madrid or Barcelona's level, so we don't have their luxurious squad depth.

Last I heard James insisted that he wanted to fight for his position at Real Madrid. That doesn't really sound like a guy with a poor attitude. Poor attitude is Lukaku tearing up because he wasn't guaranteed a starting position with us.

If you had watched plenty of James before, you'd know he has a lot more strings to his bow than just "flicks and tricks". He's just below the tier of Hazard, Neymar, De Bruyne and Bale. If he had continuous game time and a manager like Conte, I would back him to reach their level.

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

They don't fit because they don't fit in the system. It doesn't necessarily mean they're not class players. As mentioned earlier, Ozil, Robben, Di Maria, Makelele, Alonso etc. were all brilliant players when they left Real Madrid.

The same goes for Barcelona's off cuts. We scored Fabregas and Arsenal scored Sanchez. Two great signings. We are not on Real Madrid or Barcelona's level, so we don't have their luxurious squad depth.

Last I heard James insisted that he wanted to fight for his position at Real Madrid. That doesn't really sound like a guy with a poor attitude. Poor attitude is Lukaku tearing up because he wasn't guaranteed a starting position with us.

If you had watched plenty of James before, you'd know he has a lot more strings to his bow than just "flicks and tricks". He's just below the tier of Hazard, Neymar, De Bruyne and Bale. If he had continuous game time and a manager like Conte, I would back him to reach their level.

Fabregas is far cry from perfect signing. His immobility and lack of effectivness in decisive games forced him out of Barca team. There is a reason why Barca decided to sell Cesc and buy Rakitic, despite the later doesnt have same quality. But he has proper mentality and performs his level of quality consistently. Cesc on other hand shows unbelievable skill in certain games, but then he is invisible in key ones. I see James similar right now. But he has age on his side.

Obviously James will say he wants to fight for the place but it looks its second year when he will spend lot of time on bench. I see him as dude who is example of galactico. He made his way to real madrid and thats his greatest achievement. Doesnt want to leave RM for chelsea, because that would be step down even if he could play every week. 

I saw him many times but last year he was realy poor in decisions and got benched fairly. 

Top players play at best clubs or they play for smaller clubs waiting to be discovered. Pedro, Alexis, Ozil, Fabregas kind of players wont win you the Champions league unless they have perfect squad. Either they are not mature yet or sth, they simply dont deliver in biggest games. 

We never had fancy names ala Messi, Kaka, Zidane pre Sheva, but Drogba, Lamps and rest had wonderful mentality and professionalism, and despite James having twice talent Lampard ever had, I would not swap him. We should look for such players who have the grit and desire to get us back on top. 

22 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Fabregas is far cry from perfect signing. His immobility and lack of effectivness in decisive games forced him out of Barca team. There is a reason why Barca decided to sell Cesc and buy Rakitic, despite the later doesnt have same quality. But he has proper mentality and performs his level of quality consistently. Cesc on other hand shows unbelievable skill in certain games, but then he is invisible in key ones. I see James similar right now. But he has age on his side.

Obviously James will say he wants to fight for the place but it looks its second year when he will spend lot of time on bench. I see him as dude who is example of galactico. He made his way to real madrid and thats his greatest achievement. Doesnt want to leave RM for chelsea, because that would be step down even if he could play every week. 

I saw him many times but last year he was realy poor in decisions and got benched fairly. 

Top players play at best clubs or they play for smaller clubs waiting to be discovered. Pedro, Alexis, Ozil, Fabregas kind of players wont win you the Champions league unless they have perfect squad. Either they are not mature yet or sth, they simply dont deliver in biggest games. 

We never had fancy names ala Messi, Kaka, Zidane pre Sheva, but Drogba, Lamps and rest had wonderful mentality and professionalism, and despite James having twice talent Lampard ever had, I would not swap him. We should look for such players who have the grit and desire to get us back on top. 

Of course Fabregas isn't perfect. No player is perfect. Fabregas has his flaws but he was brilliant in our title-winning season. Cesc needs a lot of midfield support to play against top sides but he doesn't have that at Chelsea.

Apart from our defence, our RW is our biggest weakness. Willian would be a dream to play against. No one shows him respect. He doesn't score, he doesn't assist, he doesn't create, he slows down our play, he is predictable with his runs, he's just not up to it and we currently only have two avenues to goal - Costa and Hazard. James would ease the burden on these two significantly and would improve Hazard in the process (he wouldn't get double marked every game).

And that's your problem, you watched him last year. You should've watched him the four years before that where he was exceptional.

The fact is we're not even in the CL at the moment. It's hard enough as is to sign players of elite quality with CL, but without CL it's near impossible. That's why when a player like James becomes available we should pounce.

Don't disagree with the last paragraph. I would not swap James for Lamps, but at this point in time, I would buy James and think he would be a great addition to our XI.

2 hours ago, milka said:

#Chelsea is set to bid for James Rodriguez. LRT #CFC

Chelsea returns to break into the market for Europe and will bid for James Rodriguez (via @Antena2RCN) #CFC #RMCF

He changed his mind. He's now happy at Real Madrid. http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/08/22/26759952/james-happy-at-real-madrid-zidane?ICID=HP_BN_5

26 minutes ago, Liuxas said:

Because Zidane said so? Even AS who were claiming before that he wasn't on the move are now buying into the rumours. 

Would be a bit like Mikel here if James decides to stay at Madrid. Showing no ambition and wasting the prime years of his career. Mikel is perfectly happy to remain at a big club and ride the bench when he could instead move to a decent sized club and be an important player.

Likewise, James could move here (or any other big club) and become a superstar but instead is seemingly content with making cameos here and there. Just a waste.

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Because Zidane said so? Even AS who were claiming before that he wasn't on the move are now buying into the rumours. 

Zidane always says true :P :cig:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You