Ivanovic and Lampard will both miss several weeks

James

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard and defender Branislav Ivanovic will be out of action until the end of January.

Boss Jose Mourinho confirmed the news after Chelsea's impressive 3-0 victory over Southampton on New Year's Day, which they both missed.

Both men picked up injuries during Saturday's 2-1 win over Liverpool.

Serbian defender Ivanovic suffered a knee injury and was substituted in the first half while England international Lampard sustained a muscle injury and did not come out for the second half.

They will miss Sunday's FA Cup third round tie at Derby County and league games at Hull City and at home to Manchester United and West Ham United later this month.

Source article: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9097823/

Edited by Alex

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Along with Luiz, Essien and maybe (hopefully) some youngsters

we have hull (a), united (h) and whu (h). 3 must win games in which i would not even think about playing essien or youngsters.

so we have mikel, rambo and luiz.

not that bad a situation. but we simply cant afford another injury to the defence or defensive mids.

we have hull (a), united (h) and whu (h). 3 must win games in which i would not even think about playing essien or youngsters.

so we have mikel, rambo and luiz.

not that bad a situation. but we simply cant afford another injury to the defence or defensive mids.

Yeah I know. The midfield is a feather away from being ruined.

Well you never know if Mikel gets injured and maybe Baker gets a chance and shines

for that Cole has to step up shis game. it aint looking like he will do so.

yeah or Bertrand steps up. i know Jose hasn't used him much but i still believe Bertrand can take the left back spot. don't see why azpilicueta will play in his secondary position throughout

Both big misses but we've got some momentum going now so maybe we can get over these a bit better than we would've earlier in the season. Luiz showed he could do a job for us in midfield against Liverpool whilst we've got Kalas who can cover at right-back (hopefully against Derby this weekend).

I also expect us to dip into the market sooner rather than later and there's also the chance that a youngster like Chalobah or even McEachran might get a shot in midfield, but I think Bertrand is almost certainly gone in this next window.

No one wants to see anyone injured. However, Chelsea managed to get through the past few weeks in good shape & Iva, Frank may get some rest now.

Chelsea only have four games in January & both players will be back at the end of January.

Frank´s position will be taken over by Guarin, Cole gets back to LB, Azpi to RB, it´s even better for the team.