The Internet Hate Machine

Spike

Well said @, This is becoming more and more of an issue and I believe this was the reason why Santiago got banned. So in a way there are consequences of abuse on the Web since u might get banned from certain communities.

I also believe a way u can be polite with ppl who u disagree with is by finishing your argument with things like 'I respect your opinion'. I often do that so there is no misunderstanding. U can also use things like IMHO. Just bcos someone's opinion differs to urs, it doesn't mean they are douches.

I believe the reason we have these so called 'bandwagon' ppl is because they don't want to receive abuse for having a different opinion and/or so that they get an opportunity to abuse other ppl and bcos the bandwagon person agrees with the general consensus, the majority of pp simply don't do anything about that person's behaviour since they too abuse the person who disagrees with them (because that person has a different opinion to the majority of ppl). Bcos of that these bandwagon n00bs feel cool and powerful on the internet since they can abuse someone and then get 'likes' and recognition for their abuse.

It's almost like we are filtering communities to simply have those ppl who all of the same opinion as us! Imagine what a world without different opinions would be like.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well said @, This is becoming more and more of an issue and I believe this was the reason why Santiago got banned. So in a way there are consequences of abuse on the Web since u might get banned from certain communities.

I also believe a way u can be polite with ppl who u disagree with is by finishing your argument with things like 'I respect your opinion'. I often do that so there is no misunderstanding. U can also use things like IMHO. Just bcos someone's opinion differs to urs, it doesn't mean they are douches.

I believe the reason we have these so called 'bandwagon' ppl is because they don't want to receive abuse for having a different opinion and/or so that they get an opportunity to abuse other ppl and bcos the bandwagon person agrees with the general consensus, the majority of pp simply don't do anything about that person's behaviour since they too abuse the person who disagrees with them (because that person has a different opinion to the majority of ppl). Bcos of that these bandwagon n00bs feel cool and powerful on the internet since they can abuse someone and then get 'likes' and recognition for their abuse.

It's almost like we are filtering communities to simply have those ppl who all of the same opinion as us! Imagine what a world without different opinions would be like.....

This paragraph sums up majority of this forum's community - cheers for the honesty. Real eyes realize real lies. :)

Thanks for writing this Spike, it takes a great amount of humility to not just point fingers, kudos to you.

It is getting tiring to see people acting so tough on the internet. I know a few people in real life who are high level martial artists who can go up against 10 people alone on nasty asian street fights and come out the winner(they are monsters, ive been practising martial arts for ten years and they can kill me in less than 1 minute) but they are less cocky than some people you meet on the net.

Just shows how much power it gives someone when what they say has no consequences.

Very true -and its true what Spike says people can be who they want on the internet.

and hey people, you better not fuck with me -I have a black belt in origami

Comon. We older members had a fucking great year. So much fun and laughs. Lets reclaim TC as a fun place.

It should be as well next year. No tolerance on crap, lenient on others opinions.

Who is in?

I am!!

Wow, could spike have picked a better day to write this?

Bravo, if only this could have been moved to the MHS even though it doesnt belong there. Why? Because this message wont get as much exposure as it deserves. Great point, and it was something that needed to be said.

WHY KOJO GOT BANNED? RIDICULOUS THE DIFFERENCE IN TREATMENT SOME GET AND OTHERS DONT! :rant:

I agree, there's one user impartially that has been getting away with god knows what here for the best part of the last year.

Disguisting to see Kojo banned, absolutely disguisting.

Yup - that's quite a few people now been banned....

Ridiculous really - this place is going down hill fast... Seems if you have an opinion you're fucked!

Mourinho is gay? I didn't even read the thread - but if that was it - then seriously? So what if Mourinho is gay? Maybe Iker cupped his balls to hard and that's why he was dropped! I don't care what he does - as long as we win trophies :)

Santiago was a good decision, the spammers and useless members too, but Kojo isnt one, he should be unbanned, he must be.Time for the mods to do something good, this community with Kojo was good, without him it surely wont be better.Disappointed.

Btw he must absolutely love the attention he has. :clown:

WHY KOJO GOT BANNED? RIDICULOUS THE DIFFERENCE IN TREATMENT SOME GET AND OTHERS DONT! :rant:

Disguisting to see Kojo banned, absolutely disguisting.

I agree, there's one user impartially that has been getting away with god knows what here for the best part of the last year.

Yup - that's quite a few people now been banned....

Ridiculous really - this place is going down hill fast... Seems if you have an opinion you're fucked!

Mourinho is gay? I didn't even read the thread - but if that was it - then seriously? So what if Mourinho is gay? Maybe Iker cupped his balls to hard and that's why he was dropped! I don't care what he does - as long as we win trophies :)

Santiago was a good decision, the spammers and useless members too, but Kojo isnt one, he should be unbanned, he must be.Time for the mods to do something good, this community with Kojo was good, without him it surely wont be better.Disappointed.

Btw he must absolutely love the attention he has. :clown:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tumblr_lpnfb05pXr1qin7yio1_cover.jpg