The Internet Hate Machine

Spike

The Internet is serious business [sic] making everyone on the Internet a tough guy, a self-proclaimed badboy with nothing to lose. Behind the LED lights of a monitor everyone is a thick-skinned dynamo that can hurl out insults and take them with the best of the best. And it’s fucking annoying. You there! Reading this. When was the last time you insulted someone on the internet? Called them a ‘ knob goblin’ or a ‘fucker faced retard drop kick’? It was probably in the last 24 hours right? Right. Now think of the last time you said the same words to a person on the street or at a pub? What happened? I’m putting my money on two scenarios, you either: got into some deep shit (people yelling at you/arrested) or you left with your tail between your legs with a new black eye to compliment the usual non black eye.

So why are you cunt on the Internet, if you are such a lovely human being in the flesh? I’m a cunt in real life, so that’s my excuse, but I at least know when to leave something alone and when to shut my damn mouth. When I see something on the internet, that I don’t agree with (or isn’t factually right), it’s not my prerogative to march in chest out, get offended and try to sway their opinion in a flurry of insults and rage. The same applies for you, have some decency and tact. Don’t fall for traps, don’t take the bait and don’t get angry. I lost my temper the other day on TalkChelsea for some misunderstanding and cultural difference (or some bullshit like that). I thought about what I was doing, realised I looked like a frothing twat and I left it alone. I left the site alone for a few days and now everything has reset and the tiny incident (if it can be called that) is forgotten.

If you disagree and have to respond to defend you honour and intelligence, there is no need to attack the other person. Just state your opinion and leave it at that, no need to call them a ‘cock jockey’, somewhere during your thesis. But that’s the easy stuff, what I find even more enraging and frustrating is passive-aggressive behaviour. I’m guilty of it myself and I hate myself for it. Saying things like “LOL That’s your opinion? Okay” or “DEAL WITH IT. It’s snide, arrogant and completely dick like in nature. People take it to the next level by using emotiocons/smileys. Just by throwing in :wank2::rolleyes::doh::mouthclosed::carlo::noexpression::no: :banghead: they take the douchebaggery and the cuntiness up to 11. If you think that using a smiley or whatever to mask an insult is a great idea, then I hate you.

Personally, I’m staying away from the masses from now on. I’ve a lot of free time for a while and I’m going to just write up articles when I feel like it, writing is my passion and I'm embracing it. Don't expect me to post too often anymore, okay? This how I’m dealing with the Internet Hate Machine, I suggest you figure out how you are going to deal with it yourself. All the insults and passive-aggressive nonsense just make everyone look like a bunch of COD playing 12 year-olds who have just learnt a bunch of new swears. Chill out and grow up. But that’s my opinion and you can do whatever you like.

The average internet user is akin to a soldier carrying their keyboards as guns, spraying their hate left right and centre.

I’m aware of the hypocrisy and irony so don’t fucking mention it. Yes, yes, everything I’ve just is applicable to this post. I know.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for writing this Spike, it takes a great amount of humility to not just point fingers, kudos to you.

It is getting tiring to see people acting so tough on the internet. I know a few people in real life who are high level martial artists who can go up against 10 people alone on nasty asian street fights and come out the winner but they are less cocky than some people you meet on the net.

Just shows how much power it gives someone when what they say has no consequences.

Is this really necessary?

I just hate tree leaves, but I describe them as the sections of the forum, they become confusing after awhile, sorry I just thought I'd share. I have problems identifying things like that, I like to name them tree leaves, true bitches they are.

I just hate tree leaves, but I describe them as the sections of the forum, they become confusing after awhile, sorry I just thought I'd share. I have problems identifying things like that, I like to name them tree leaves, true bitches they are.

And you're not at all referring to one specific member of this forum whose name is being pronounced as "leaf"?

And you're not at all referring to one specific member of this forum whose name is being pronounced as "leaf"?

I don't hate trees, even though that might not make much sense. I just hate those fucking leaves, the little bastards,.