Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, the Fuck not?

Ignore him, he's trolling.

Reus here seems likely, Barca are banned, Madrid aren't selling Bale, and Reus won't go to Bayern. So, that leaves us, a London based club who compete for everything, vs 2 Manchester clubs one which never makes it past the R16 of the CL and the other who didn't make it to the CL. And Arsenal who don't compete. Plus we have the best manager in the world and a world class squad. Plus he would be guaranteed playing time here. Seems logical, Bayern is our biggest threat for his signature.

what are our chances of winning the PL without reus? by what percentage does getting reus right now improve our those chances. keep in mind that this is a winter transfer. people take time to acclimitize. even the best players in the world take time.

how does that small percent improvement in chances in our winning the PL (for which we alreadr are the favourites), negate the total drop in our winning the CL cos we had to play salah against bayern munich cos of no depth in AM department.

The chances of us winning the PL with or without Reus are still high but think back to Jose's second season here in his first spell in charge, did he really need to go and buy Michael Essien? Not really, but he did didn't he? Its not just a matter of improving the chances of winning the Premier League or Champions League as such but improving competition and strength of the squad as well so we can compete across every front.

Also having a very good wide forward in Reus playing on the right? He has an impressive goalscoring record, probably better than Hazards and much better than Willian and Andre's as well as being a much superior player to both of them so what harm would it do? Honestly if it was someone who is like 21 and needed regular games to develop to a certain level then yes signing him would be pointless but signing a player better than anyone we've got really is not pointless.

The chances of us winning the PL with or without Reus are still high but think back to Jose's second season here in his first spell in charge, did he really need to go and buy Michael Essien? Not really, but he did didn't he? Its not just a matter of improving the chances of winning the Premier League or Champions League as such but improving competition and strength of the squad as well so we can compete across every front.

Also having a very good wide forward in Reus playing on the right? He has an impressive goalscoring record, probably better than Hazards and much better than Willian and Andre's as well as being a much superior player to both of them so what harm would it do? Honestly if it was someone who is like 21 and needed regular games to develop to a certain level then yes signing him would be pointless but signing a player better than anyone we've got really is not pointless.

i am all for signing reus. its not the signing but the time of the signing which is bugging me. read through the pages, you will know.

I hope none of the players have this mindset, if they do then we are screwed. An 8 point lead is from city is not that big, we should never let our guard down and think we will walk the league. Never take anything for granted.

Why stop at Reus then? We should be trying to buy every player that is available! I heard Bale is on the market! Wonder if Neuer would fancy working with Jose? Sanchez has started bright maybe we should get him too?

Point is nobody is saying its over but the need for someone like Reus right now is overkill... Anyone who thinks it isn't clearly hasn't been paying attention. We have starters on almost any team in the world as squad players right now.

Why stop at Reus then? We should be trying to buy every player that is available! I heard Bale is on the market! Wonder if Neuer would fancy working with Jose? Sanchez has started bright maybe we should get him too?

Point is nobody is saying its over but the need for someone like Reus right now is overkill... Anyone who thinks it isn't clearly hasn't been paying attention. We have starters on almost any team in the world as squad players right now.

Wasn't even commenting about that. Was just saying that nobody should think that we will walk the league.

I agree that we shouldn't buy anyone just because they are available but a player like reus doesn't get sold for 19m everyday and he will be a pretty good upgrade.

Poverty is a very vague term. I think in this context it is refering to low income families and households. I bet they still have basics like food access, clean water, bathing facilities, loos and some sort of heating fixtures.

Areas of London are terrible. Areas are great.

Most of Manchester is poor, very little of it is very good.

Obviously it's not the extreme poverty you mentioned (we English do like to over-react) but a large portion of Mancunians are far poorer than most other places in the country.

If any of the players you mentioned were available for a cut price like £19M then yes, of course we should/would go for them. Wouldn't you? :blink:.

The day you stop looking to improve your team is the day you begin the fall from dominance. We've seen it with Man Utd recently, Arsenal (invincibles), us in 09/10 and Man City every time they win the league.

That's overdoing it. Reus is one of the best wingers in the world, could play the weakest area in our team very well, and would make us a top team., for CHEAP! What is the problem?

We play in 4.3.3 we should have 1 world class GK, at least 3 great FB (we have them), 3 great CB (we don't), 3 great options for the pivot (we have 2 and an half Ramires is not great), 4 great AM (we have 3), one WC ST and a second good option (maybe we have that second good option).

This is what a balanced team with options to win the CHampions should have. We need a fourth great AM, a third CB, a CM and maybe a better second striker. That's it.

We look at Real Madrid and we see:

Casillas Navas (2 great GK)

Arbeloa, Carvajal, COentrão and Marcelo (2 or 3 great FB and they also have Nacho)

Varane, Pepe and Ramos (3 World class CB)

Khedira, Kroos, Modric, Illaramendi (at least 3 great players for the pivot)

Cristiano, James, Bale, Isco, Jese (I think we don't need to talk about this that much)

Benzema and Chicharito (1 world class ST and a good second option)

We look at Madrid and maybe they need a ST a little better. They have everything else, sometimes even better than the minimum I said.

We won't win against Madrid in a normal situation if we have a starting eleven a lot worse than them (specially if they have players like Cristian)o, and they also have an a lot better bench. It's not going to happen.

We looked at Madrid but we can also look at Guradiola's Barcelona, or Bayern or any great team in Europe.

do any one remember Aguero case we fail getting him we still regret that moment and still wish we had him. For Marco Reus this is an opening to move to a different level in this game of football or are people not wanting us to be like RM and Barca of this world? let the reaching of new height being.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You