Fernando Torres

He's not shying away from chances either. He's actually making runs INTO the box and going for difficult headers. Previously he just kept coming out of the box to receive a ball and then pass it on, because he was so afraid of having a go.

Is 7 goals and 12 assists in 24 starts (17 full 90 mins) really all that bad?

For a 50m striker it is, really, really bad.

Its not coincidence that he is playing nice after AVB was fired. The guys was fucking everything.

He's actually making runs INTO the box and going for difficult headers.

That's the most important point IMO.

The chance Luiz created for him in the first half was the first purely Torres-que chance I remember him getting at Chelsea, at the time I wasn't sure whether to read more into him getting that chance or failing to score from it.

His second goal was a result of a tidy and calm finish, a pretty shocking fact considering what we're used to.

He coulda had a hat trick so the main positive thing is that he is getting into those positions again and if he keeps getting himself in those positions, he will keep scoring. Was glad Danny passed to him because i thought he'd go solo again, and look Danny, look what happens when you pass the ball to someone in a better position. Not rocket science mate.

3 goals and 6 assists in the EPL :confused:

It's pretty bad, even tonight in one of his best games for us - he missed a lot of clear chances and he still hasn't scored a winner.

I don't think you could call many of today's chances clear. I'm guessing you're referring to to the two from close range, but really, if anything, the defending there has to be commended.

My boy Fernando getting it done today...

iSLHocTH5IA7A.gif

I'll defend him to the death so long as he's playing well. And his performances of late have deserved no more criticism, in fact recently, quite often less than any amount of players on the pitch.

I thought this was one of his worse games actually, funny thing is he scored and no one cares :lol:

If two assists and a goal is one of his worse games, then I for one think he should be a guaranteed starter.

3 goals and 6 assists in the EPL :confused:

It's pretty bad, even tonight in one of his best games for us - he missed a lot of clear chances and he still hasn't scored a winner.

No where near one of his best games for us. Why because he scored? To say that you think that was one of his best games shows your lack of knowledge regarding the player or you just believe the nonsense thrown at him by the media.

These clear cut chances you speak of he put his foot out and had a shot and if it was not for two amazing tackles he would of had a hatrick tonight but that cannot be stopped, that is what the defenders are there to do.

He set up a goal and he scored one. He has been playing well as of late and i will stick up for him when its due.

If two assists and a goal is one of his worse games, then I for one think he should be a guaranteed starter.

In terms of overall play, he wasn't as good as he has been recently imo.

But i'm not complaining, he got himself into good positions to score, scored a very good goal to seal the win, and also had a brilliant assist when Villa had all the momentum.

tumblr_m1rclthxlI1qkv4gno1_500.jpg